Did FSE force the community into changing forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for bringing up something that might be seen as inflammatory, however this has been bugging me for quite a while.
Remember how back when the FSE forums came out, we were all informed these forums would be Deleted/Archived?
Vincenzo said:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Forum Move.
As such, please make sure you save any topics or other information you might have and feel free to repost your regimental, events and other topics back in the new forums[/b], which you can find here:
We will give you one week to port over all your threads and to settle down in the new forums.
Sadly I cannot find the original post, since it's been modified.
Either way, I'm curious about other opinions.
If there are not any, sorry for wasting your time.

They may have pushed people to go over, but they never forced people.
Except if you had to something to do with the official servers, like reporting rulebreakers or asking for an unban.
But even that would still allow you to make use of both.

Why did they want and Napoleonic Wars forums ?
Seriously, it was okay on TaleWorlds. They could have done their forum for BCoF only.
Now, TaleWorlds lost a lot of people on a great forum for a new ugly forum with as I heard several times: ****ty admins.

TheFlyingFishy said:
They did it because they couldn't properly indulge their power-tripping here.
Not really. Olafson did something wrong, and he willingly paid the price for it.
I haven't seen "power tripping" happening over at FSE, I have only seen people whining about bad administration and saying that it's a lot better than on Taleworlds because they are much nicer.
Which quite frankly is not true, FSE administration is far more lenient than TW. Though I find that an error, but it's an error caused by the community as well rather than just the administration team.

There are actually several reasons why FSE moved. The fact that there was a clash between TW forum administration and FSE team did help of course, but I can't see that as a primary reason.

To me the primary reason would be a very simple one; the community got too big. With only a few boards here it was quite overpopulated, plus large amount of those people only played NW actively so they didn't really use any of the other boards. In addition, the rest of the forum wasn't too pleased with NW people roaming about.

Another thing that I presume to be a factor in the switch would be their upcoming game. Since their next game won't be released through taleworlds it would not get a board here. Which would mean people would have to switch over anyway. Better to do it early than late.

Plus of course the standard reasons for having your own place. (Freedom of customization)

It's their DLC they should have all right to decide if they want to stay here or move to their own forum. MaHuD pretty much explained all reasons they had.

Ra'Jiska said:
Why did they want and Napoleonic Wars forums ?
Seriously, it was okay on TaleWorlds. They could have done their forum for BCoF only.
Now, TaleWorlds lost a lot of people on a great forum for a new ugly forum with as I heard several times: ****ty admins.

That would have been stupid, splitting their own community like that. They did the right thing in that case.
And: Like Taleworlds grieves about the fact that they lost those people.

Moogs said:
It's so lonely here.
Agreed.

gokiller said:
It's their DLC they should have all right to decide if they want to stay here or move to their own forum. MaHuD pretty much explained all reasons they had.
By choosing to do so they also chose to abandon a well organized forum.

Organized in a way that there aren't redundant sections, Off Topic and a Mess Hall, both for posting random bull****. How useful. Community and General Discussion are pretty interchangeable now, apparently. This forum had all that it needed.

EDIT:
gokiller said:
That would have been stupid, splitting their own community like that.
Yes. So they split the NW community onto two different forums too! Great.

Windbusche said:
Organized in a way that there aren't redundant sections, Off Topic and a Mess Hall, both for posting random bull****. How useful. Community and General Discussion are pretty interchangeable now, apparently. This forum had all that it needed.

EDIT:
gokiller said:
That would have been stupid, splitting their own community like that.
Yes. So they split the NW community onto two different forums too! Great.

That's not what FSE did. That's what Taleworlds did.

Also, on the off-toptic part. I might agree there that they could have done it a bit different. But that little differents in Off-toptic doesn't make the entire forum un-organised. In matter of facts, I bet if you actually suggested a more organised way I'm sure they would have looked into it.

I don't recall Taleworlds kicking them out of their forum. I remember Olaf messing around, Taleworlds getting mad about it, and FSE pulling out to make their own forum.

Windbusche said:
I don't recall Taleworlds kicking them out of their forum. I remember Olaf messing around, Taleworlds getting mad about it, and FSE pulling out to make their own forum.

Taleworlds splitted up the NW community on two forums by not closing this sub-board as FSE wanted. If it was up to FSE the entire NW community would be on their forum no this one. (If everyone would agree to that is another story)

Also, please don't ignore MaHuD's post at the start. (Just to be sure you actually understand their reasons, so it's not just because their were some troubles between Taleworlds and FSE that made them go for it)

I personally would have preferred for this one to be fully closed, it's stupid to have two forums for the same thing, I'll agree to that. But it's still FSE's fault for splitting off anyway. I mean, for BCoF I can sort of understand the split, but why for NW?

Windbusche said:
I personally would have preferred for this one to be fully closed, it's stupid to have two forums for the same thing, I'll agree to that. But it's still FSE's fault for splitting off anyway. I mean, for BCoF I can sort of understand the split, but why for NW?

So they can keep their community gathered? So they can focus on one forum for both communities? (Saying the NW and BCoF have different communities) It's much easier to establish a community, when you have the NW community that can integrate into the BCoF community. If you then also take the fact that they won't be updating NW anymore. This decision would profit their new game the most community wise.

If they didn't do it, their new forum would be very low populated, and they would have only (let's say) 25% of it's current about of forumers. What would also mean less people would get to know about BCoF.

- My logic.

gokiller said:
Windbusche said:

So they can keep their community gathered? So they can focus on one forum for both communities? (Saying the NW and BCoF have different communities) It's much easier to establish a community, when you have the NW community that can integrate into the BCoF community. If you then also take the fact that they won't be updating NW anymore. This would profit their new game the most community wise.
The thing that bothers me, is that NW is a DLC, for Warband, Surely it makes more sense to create an optional forum change, rather then informing everybody that these forums would be deleted, with no access to get your old threads back?
It looks, like Fear mongering.
As far as I understand, this is the official forum for Warband, and for it's DLC.
We didn't see the company behind "With Fire and Sword" Splitting off, for any new projects.

They should have either closed this forum or stayed here is my logic on the matter. Not left it open, because now the community is split (albeit slightly). So, I suppose that's both Taleworld's fault and FSE's fault.

Viktor 90th said:
We didn't see the company behind "With Fire and Sword" Splitting off, for any new projects.
Eh, they sort of did. That forum is dead anyway though. They're working on a new project on their own forum now, though. 'Least I think it's their own forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom