Thracian Weapons and Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Marko͘

Section Moderator
Hello, I was thinking of making a Thracian-themed OSP while I'm learning and as seeing there are no such yet, so why not?
So I've already made a Sica(texturing it now), doing a Falx now. Whilst I've done some research, it's mostly based of Rome: Total War, so not really legitimate. I was wondering if anyone can find some good depictions of Bastarnae units and looks, as well as all thracian weapons and armors. Cheers!

There's a good collection of images, of varying degree, in this mod thread, though of course it can be expanded (esp. with "primary sources"). And I see I've forgotten to post this pic of the famed rhomphaias (not to mention I've forgotten the mahairas as well, it seems).
Rhomphaia.jpg

untitled29nr.jpg

Concept art:
Thraikioi_rhomphaiaphoroi_by_RevoltingFriendship.jpg

Modern:
020346822-big.jpg

020346825-big.jpg

020346830-big.jpg
(sica or scalme)
020346813-big.jpg

Here's a vid as well
This seems like an interesting site as well, if you can get to load the pictures

The concept art is really handy, as well as the modern images. Made a sica and a falx, texturing them tonight. Thanks for it, Kununi got me some good ospreys too. Should be a nice pack when I finish it :razz:

Yes, there's a difference in the different time periods (as with anything else). And, indeed, from the 10 rhomphaias found in Bulgaria, the earliest 3 are dated to the IV c. BC.

Yeah, that image always irked me a bit.
"It's clearly the middle of winter, but we're okay wearing this thin cloth that doesn't even go to our knees. Hell, we don't even need shoes."

Back
Top Bottom