Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vornne said:
PlatinumPoptart said:
Well it must be a sign if so many people have jumped on the complaining band wagon.
More like a sign of the average mob mentality: once a tipping point is reached where enough people are grumpy (for various reasons, some possibly historical grievances), the happy people shut up, the undecided presume everything is bad, and the angry start working up to a fever pitch.
Or people genuinely don't like it.

MaHuD said:
Belendor said:
Why TaleWorlds is such a bad company when it comes to PR, Community Management and schedules? For gods sake, do they even have a Calendar in their PCs? Grr.

Edit: Ah anway, It is relief that it won't break compatibility though, I hope I won't have to restart my project or this game is dead to me.
Just put a comment before and after things that you have changed and include the name of your project. That makes Porting a lot easier and faster.
Also it is quite common for taleworlds to release hotfixes shortly after a patch. That is probably the reason why WSE isn't being ported yet.
Has anyone heard about WinMerge? (facepalm)

Yes, a decent software for porting work. Helps a lot as well, replaces the having to use of ##'s with its clever GUI. Handy stuff.

The Aragon said:
Kommt der update/patch dann auch für die deutsche version ?
Translation to some degree: Is the update/patch for the german version?
:smile: This is something I think should be specified in the non-english forums, however I'm pretty sure they're either releasing a German Version or are working on one.

Since there is no real change log it might be uselful to post the troops stats changes that can be found in the module system:

:arrow: Troops Stats Changes 1.153 > 1.158

Since patch 1.158 there are many changes that can't be found in the change log: For example the strength and agility of most classes are increased and power draw for vaegir archers changed from 6 to 7 (!) and much much more...

the previous patch 1.157 mainly affected the archer athletic stats and this was already discussed. See spoiler:
The old standard to which the players are used to changed significantly in v1.157. Most players were against these changes and why especially the archer changes are bad was described for example in these posts: link, link and link.

Btw does anybody know why some of the new stats (like the vaegir archer riding skill, or Nord inf power draw) arent shown in the module system?
Does anybody know anything about the mathematical model on how attributes, skills and proficiencies affect movement speed (including the impact of equipment weight) and dealt damage with different weapon types?

OliESC said:
Since patch 1.158 there are many changes that can't be found in the change log: For example the strength and agility of most classes are increased and power draw for vaegir archers changed from 6 to 7 (!) and much much more...
Wrong: you didn't read it carefully enough. Those "changes" are just listing the stats that the troops have actually always had, once the bug / annoying feature was worked around (I have been aware of it and fixed it in PW years ago). Unless of course the TaleWorlds devs made a mistake with one or two levels, or an intentional sneak tweak in there somewhere; but as said in the change log, at least the main intention was to show the correct values in the module system.

My guess is that if the troop doesn't have enough skill points distributed for the level set, or it is below some preset amount of points, skills are "randomly" assigned (different skills added for each troop id, but the same each time the game is launched): I found this out by generating a huge list of troops with different levels and skills assigned (in a pattern) and running a script to loop over and display all of them. A way to avoid it in multiplayer is just to assign high levels of meaningless skills like weapon master and attributes like charisma, which was done in the latest patch.

Yea I read the part about "show the correct values" but I just couldnt imagine that the clans are using wrong troop stats lists since years although it would have been easy for taleworlds to give the correct info. So thank you for the information, the first real information :wink:
Good :smile:  .......or not good :sad:
That means the troop stats lists have never been correct, right? That means the nord inf was even much stronger than expected, the ironflesh of sarranid archers was better as all thought, the power draw of vaegir archers was better than we could know...
It would have been nice to get a real stats list already long ago or somebody of talewolds at least could have corrected the wrong stats lists that were already posted years ago...hmmm not very e-sporty.
But good to know that "only" the archer athletics have to be increased by one point and in the case of sarranid archers even by two points to get back the balanced standard values...

Does anybody know anything about the mathematical model on how attributes, skills and proficiencies affect movement speed (including the impact of equipment weight) and dealt damage with different weapon types?

Is there a good reason why the Awlpike costs about twice as much for Vaegir than for Swadia now?

I made an Swadian & Vaegir Inf with basically the same equipement for demonstration:

Vaegir:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1117176606650444540/ED657187FE9A9E344D8375FEC7333F2FDE97CE86/

Swadia:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1117176606650465935/1398ACCF5EE66CBB277E7EC2E528CE5EED20EC9C/

Value-wise:
- Helmets are basically the same
- Armor pretty much the same (bit worse for Swadia, but nicely balanced by better boots), while the upgrade to mail is much cheaper for Swadia
- both same gloves
---
- Scimi is a bit better than the Sword
- same awlpike
- comparable shield (best)
---------------------
Swadian soldier costs 979.
Vaegir soldier costs 1815.

The same Swadian soldier with mail would be only 1546.
Of course, the balance for both factions also hangs on Archers and Cav - but the Swadian Cav is very good, and crossbow-archer depends on the situation, I think they balance out.

OliESC said:
That means the troop stats lists have never been correct, right?
The only way to be sure would be to make a script that prints all stats of a troop, add it to the 1.157 module system and run it, then add it to the 1.158 module system and compare values. Something like this, added to script game_quick_start, then checked in the game log or rgl_log.txt after starting multiplayer:
Code:
(try_for_range, ":troop_id", multiplayer_troops_begin, multiplayer_troops_end),
  (store_attribute_level, reg0, ":troop_id", ca_strength),
  (store_attribute_level, reg1, ":troop_id", ca_agility),
  (store_skill_level, reg2, "skl_ironflesh", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg3, "skl_power_strike", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg4, "skl_power_draw", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg5, "skl_power_throw", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg6, "skl_shield", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg7, "skl_athletics", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg8, "skl_riding", ":troop_id"),
  (store_skill_level, reg9, "skl_horse_archery", ":troop_id"),
  (str_store_troop_name, s0, ":troop_id"),
  (display_message, "@STR: {reg0} AGI: {reg1} IF: {reg2} PS: {reg3} PD: {reg4} PT: {reg5} SH: {reg6} ATH: {reg7} RD: {reg8} HA: {reg9} - {s0}"),
(try_end),
Since I felt like checking myself, the only other changes than the ones listed seem to be Khergit Infantry and Sarranid Archer get 1 riding, from 0 and 2 respectively.

Liwi said:
Is there a good reason why the Awlpike costs about twice as much for Vaegir than for Swadia now?

I made an Swadian & Vaegir Inf with basically the same equipement for demonstration:

Vaegir:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1117176606650444540/ED657187FE9A9E344D8375FEC7333F2FDE97CE86/

Swadia:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1117176606650465935/1398ACCF5EE66CBB277E7EC2E528CE5EED20EC9C/

Value-wise:
- Helmets are basically the same
- Armor pretty much the same (bit worse for Swadia, but nicely balanced by better boots), while the upgrade to mail is much cheaper for Swadia
- both same gloves
---
- Scimi is a bit better than the Sword
- same awlpike
- comparable shield (best)
---------------------
Swadian soldier costs 979.
Vaegir soldier costs 1815.

The same Swadian soldier with mail would be only 1546.
Of course, the balance for both factions also hangs on Archers and Cav - but the Swadian Cav is very good, and crossbow-archer depends on the situation, I think they balance out.
Well, first of all, scimitars are not "a little" better, they are alot better. Vaegir inf has spears and swadians have only awlpikes, if they couldn't get these awlpikes cheaper - they would be an easy target for any cav out there, and with their swords they would become pretty much useless.
Vaegirs can get lamellar vest that has a little less defence for a bit lower price than a brigandine, and they can even get alot better armour for bigger price, though swadians can also get really good head protection pretty fast. So the only advantage swadian inf has over vaegir inf is quicker access to good armour. I guess developers didn't give them spears but made awlpikes cheaper for a reason, this reason might be in their stats.
Summing up: swadians have faster access to good equip, but vaegirs hi-end equip is alot better while the starting equip is not that different. Scimitars are decisive here, they can damage alot better than even the best swadian sword and cut easily even through armour.
Vaegir archers are better than crossbows for the reason that they can reload alot faster, I don't know a situation where a vaegir archer of the same skill as crossbow could be worse. In the end, the only advantage Swadia has as a faction is it's cav.
I think devs could give swadian inf spears and war spears and make awlpikes cost more, but Swadia definitely does not balance out.

I bought M&B warband through steam and the updates there stopped at 1.154 or something almost a year ago. I downloaded the patch from the forum but it doesn't work ... says that the game is not installed ... what do I have to do ? Thanks for your attention. 

Jason L. said:
MaHuD said:
Steam should auto-update. The download on taleworlds.com is for non-steam version.
As I said the last update is the one of 6 Sep. 2012 and to be correct it's the 1.154 !!!!!!

That's the last one steam bothered to document. The steam version should still be patched up to date (mine is anyway), they're just not telling you about it. Ignore steam & check the version number shown on the launcher or the main menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom