Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vornne said:
Nonsense: the 1.158 patch is tiny and has almost no chance of messing up a single player save file, and the 1.157 patch likely fully compatible with 1.153 saves as well.

:sad: I can't load up any of my SP characters. My game closes and I get this error message everytime for any of my 9 characters. "Load error: Number of scenes in file: 579, exceeds 553"

valent69 said:
I can't load up any of my SP characters. My game closes and I get this error message everytime for any of my 9 characters. "Load error: Number of scenes in file: 579, exceeds 553"
Very unlikely to be caused by version 1.157 or 1.158: the last time two scenes were added was in 1.153, and before that some were added in 1.130 and 1.123. Your error message would make sense if your saves were years old, or if you made tweaks to the Native module.

Vornne said:
valent69 said:
I can't load up any of my SP characters. My game closes and I get this error message everytime for any of my 9 characters. "Load error: Number of scenes in file: 579, exceeds 553"
Very unlikely to be caused by version 1.157 or 1.158: the last time two scenes were added was in 1.153, and before that some were added in 1.130 and 1.123. Your error message would make sense if your saves were years old, or if you made tweaks to the Native module.

Nope, I used some of them maybe 3 days before I patched up. It's not like I even have to touch anything to patch it up and I haven't touched my Native folder in a while.

valent69 said:
It's not like I even have to touch anything to patch it up and I haven't touched my Native folder in a while.
It seems likely you have corrupted the Native module somehow: the correct number of scenes in both 1.153 and 1.157 / 1.158 is 553, not 579; it has not changed. My old single player saves work fine in the latest version.

valent69 said:
:sad: I can't load up any of my SP characters. My game closes and I get this error message everytime for any of my 9 characters. "Load error: Number of scenes in file: 579, exceeds 553"

Exactly the same happened to me. Found the solution in starting a new game :razz:

SoManyFwends.jpg

:cry: But I made so many fwends, I can't just leave them behind and create a new character.

valent69 said:
SoManyFwends.jpg

:cry: But I made so many fwends, I can't just leave them behind and create a new character.
Understandable :grin: I've spend just a week on my previous savegame, so it was easy to trash it away :grin:

WuTaNiSt said:
Jason L. said:
MaHuD said:
Steam should auto-update. The download on taleworlds.com is for non-steam version.
As I said the last update is the one of 6 Sep. 2012 and to be correct it's the 1.154 !!!!!!

That's the last one steam bothered to document. The steam version should still be patched up to date (mine is anyway), they're just not telling you about it. Ignore steam & check the version number shown on the launcher or the main menu.
Thanks for the replies , you are right, I checked it ... I was testing some new version of 1257 AD ( one of the final ) and I had to be sure that I was not reporting bugs related to native version update status .... :???:

Osviux said:
The crossbow not firing bug is still there ;/
That's a bug? Hm I always called it jamming... Haha It is rather annoying, but I don't see any instant fix for it. Unfortunately we have to wait until the next patch, or find a simple quick fix patch.

valent69 said:
SoManyFwends.jpg

Just place a bunch of blank .scn files in your scenes folder. That should allow it to work.

Zenithars said:
Osviux said:
The crossbow not firing bug is still there ;/
That's a bug? Hm I always called it jamming... Haha It is rather annoying, but I don't see any instant fix for it. Unfortunately we have to wait until the next patch, or find a simple quick fix patch.

There's a couple ways of fixing this.
1. Drop xbow, get friend to fire it, then you pick it back up and reload
2. drop xbow and sword, pick up sword first then xbow
3. Shoot 1 bolt in spawn

What I figure it to be, is that your first shot gets stuck in the shooting animation and the engine just glitches that particular slot. So you're always in that state but you can't release the bolt. If you switch slots or finish the shooting animation (through a friend) you can fix it. It always seems to be the first shot too. So that's why I said #3.

If your crossbow gets jammed, it's jammed until next round. There's no fix to it.
You can prevent it from happening though. If your shot is interrupted, immediately start holding your left mouse to keep aiming your crossbow. That way it won't glitch.

sotamursu123 said:
If your crossbow gets jammed, it's jammed until next round. There's no fix to it.

Cradoc said:
2. drop xbow and sword, pick up sword first then xbow

This actually fixes it. I barely found out about it like 2 weeks ago, and every time I have tried it recently, it has worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom