Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I should take my word back.

TaleWorlds is such a bad company when it comes to Community Management and Schedules.* Fixed

Just in case there is any doubt (there should not be).

1.158 client works fine with 1.157 server :smile:

I noted that there is a crash fix:

-Resolved crashing when prop_instance_play_sound is used server side but not synced client side.

Is that a client side or server side crash?
Trying to get to the bottom of repeated server crashes we are experiencing.

S0mebody said:
Just in case there is any doubt (there should not be).

1.158 client works fine with 1.157 server :smile:

I noted that there is a crash fix:

-Resolved crashing when prop_instance_play_sound is used server side but not synced client side.

Is that a client side or server side crash?
Trying to get to the bottom of repeated server crashes we are experiencing.

If you used it server side and the client doesn't have can_objects_make_sound = 1
It crashed the client.

Araf said:
So, does this mean that you're happy with the current mutliplayer balance?

We shouldn't be, Swadia is OP now with their cav and incredibly cheap armor

A bit too many Veagir nerfs and too many Swadian buffs. Really need to reign those back in a bit to some sort of middle ground and that'll be good

TurambarMakart said:
Captain Lust said:
GK_JaXm said:
Just to clarify, if players have the 1.158 patch but server is running 1.157, will they be able to connect and play still?
And flip side, if server is running 1.158 and client is running 1.157, can they still connect?

(I got to leave for work, don't have time to update until I get home)

Thanks
Captain Lust said:
It's compatible :smile:
Captain Lust said:
It is compatible

Yes players can still connect and play. It is compatible.

: D

Thank god, no more patches please

Belendor said:
Why TaleWorlds is such a bad company when it comes to PR, Community Management and schedules? For gods sake, do they even have a Calendar in their PCs? Grr.

Edit: Ah anway, It is relief that it won't break compatibility though, I hope I won't have to restart my project or this game is dead to me.
Just put a comment before and after things that you have changed and include the name of your project. That makes Porting a lot easier and faster.
Also it is quite common for taleworlds to release hotfixes shortly after a patch. That is probably the reason why WSE isn't being ported yet.

I hate when new patches come. I just got back into native singleplayer on 1.157 since my interent is **** and I can't play multiplayer. Now all the save games are messed up and I have no will to play again. How hard is it to make your patches compatible they do it with every other game!!!!

PlatinumPoptart said:
Now all the save games are messed up and I have no will to play again.
Nonsense: the 1.158 patch is tiny and has almost no chance of messing up a single player save file, and the 1.157 patch likely fully compatible with 1.153 saves as well.

To Captain Lust: amongst all the posters jumping on the whining band wagon I'd like to thank you for parts you played in getting the latest Warband patches released: having some experience of being on the other side of forum anger about development issues (which are generally much more complicated than the loudest complainers seem to think), I sympathize in some ways. The small engine fixes - such as overlays of multimeshed items and the redraw_shadow_maps crash in 1.157, and the spawned item hit sounds in 1.158 - are much appreciated, and the agent_set_ranged_damage_modifier operation was a bonus.

PlatinumPoptart said:
Well it must be a sign if so many people have jumped on the complaining band wagon.
More like a sign of the average mob mentality: once a tipping point is reached where enough people are grumpy (for various reasons, some possibly historical grievances), the happy people shut up, the undecided presume everything is bad, and the angry start working up to a fever pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom