Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I heard there was going to be a new patch I thought I would list the changes that are needed in my opinion. Some prices may be a little off since I don't have access to the game right now to check. I divided them into three categories based on how controversial I think each idea is likely to be, I don't think anything suggested here is any more controversial than anything that was done last patch though.

Safe Changes
This is stuff that I don't think will be controversial.

Rhodoks - BUFF - Reduce Dart/War Dart price by 50% to match swadians, no one will buy war darts for 250g when javs are 300g. At 77g darts are worth getting for the ability to slow and disrupt other players.

Swadians - NERF - Increase price of brigandine to 1600 at least, it's too cheap and swadians already have a very cheap heavy armour. You can get it second round currently without kills.

Swadians - BUFF - Change swadian cav weapon skill stats from "wp_melee(110)" to "wpe(110,90,60,110)", it's just silly that they can buy darts and have 2 power throw but have no throwing skill or anything and every other class in the game has at least some crossbow skill.

----------------------------------------

Less Safe Changes
This is stuff that is probably controversial to varying degrees.

Vaegirs - BUFF - Return scimitar to archers, make it cost the same as for infantry (210g)

Vaegirs - BUFF - Give archers power strike 1

Vaegirs - NERF - Increase price of steppe war horse to 1600g

Swadians - NERF - Remove price reductions to boots

Sarranids - BUFF - Reduce price of desert horse to 400

Sarranids - BUFF - Reduce price of sarranid horse to 500

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase cavalry athletics to 3

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase archer power strike to 1

------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsafe Changes
This is stuff that is definitely controversial but I think may make the game more interesting overall.

Nords - BUFF - Give a new light armour to nord cavalry, should cost enough so that you can get courser + light lance + light armour but not hunter + light lance + light armour, this will allow nord cav to actually perform as cav with some armour for the cost of reducing the horse, currently you can only do that if you get a saddle horse which is impractical for acting as cavalry.

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase archer riding skill to 2 (honestly think it was nice when they could ride desert horses in 1157 patch, meant they had something else apart from being just worse vaegirs)

Vaegirs - NERF - Swap free scimitar for free mace

Vaegirs - NERF - Increase price of hunter to 950

Rhodoks - BUFF - Give xbows a high cost mail armour, they're the only class in multiplayer which has no heavy armour and their stats aren't that great either.

Lord Rich said:
Since I heard there was going to be a new patch I thought I would list the changes that are needed in my opinion. Some prices may be a little off since I don't have access to the game right now to check. I divided them into three categories based on how controversial I think each idea is likely to be, I don't think anything suggested here is any more controversial than anything that was done last patch though.

Safe Changes
This is stuff that I don't think will be controversial.

Rhodoks - BUFF - Reduce Dart/War Dart price by 50% to match swadians, no one will buy war darts for 250g when javs are 300g. At 77g darts are worth getting for the ability to slow and disrupt other players.

Swadians - NERF - Increase price of brigandine to 1600 at least, it's too cheap and swadians already have a very cheap heavy armour. You can get it second round currently without kills.

Swadians - BUFF - Change swadian cav weapon skill stats from "wp_melee(110)" to "wpe(110,90,60,110)", it's just silly that they can buy darts and have 2 power throw but have no throwing skill or anything and every other class in the game has at least some crossbow skill.

----------------------------------------

Less Safe Changes
This is stuff that is probably controversial to varying degrees.

Vaegirs - BUFF - Return scimitar to archers, make it cost the same as for infantry (210g)

Vaegirs - BUFF - Give archers power strike 1

Vaegirs - NERF - Increase price of steppe war horse to 1600g

Swadians - NERF - Remove price reductions to boots

Sarranids - BUFF - Reduce price of desert horse to 400

Sarranids - BUFF - Reduce price of sarranid horse to 500

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase cavalry athletics to 3

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase archer power strike to 1

------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsafe Changes
This is stuff that is definitely controversial but I think may make the game more interesting overall.

Nords - BUFF - Give a new light armour to nord cavalry, should cost enough so that you can get courser + light lance + light armour but not hunter + light lance + light armour, this will allow nord cav to actually perform as cav with some armour for the cost of reducing the horse, currently you can only do that if you get a saddle horse which is impractical for acting as cavalry.

Sarranids - BUFF - Increase archer riding skill to 2 (honestly think it was nice when they could ride desert horses in 1157 patch, meant they had something else apart from being just worse vaegirs)

Vaegirs - NERF - Swap free scimitar for free mace

Vaegirs - NERF - Increase price of hunter to 950

Rhodoks - BUFF - Give xbows a high cost mail armour, they're the only class in multiplayer which has no heavy armour and their stats aren't that great either.

Vaegir Cav already get very little, let's not nerf them.

Think Rhodok armour should be a little cheaper along with the dart changes. Not too much though (not going to throw out numbers since I haven't really looked into anything). A little price drop for the Rhodok weaponry too. Some of the stuff isn't really used at all. You might see the occasional person pick up a Military Pick but that's about it. Either a slight buff to their range or a slight ~50-80g drop to their price would make them more viable since most people just go for the Cleavers anyways.

I noticed that buying the Vaegir Lamellar Vest has been very glitchy. I would have enough from the round and selling my armor but then it spends ~300 gold on nothing since I didn't change anything except the Leather Jerkin to Lamellar Vest. I think I need to test this more but it's just something I noticed when pubbing. Would also love to see it drop by ~100 gold.

Yes to Nord Cav armour. Yes to Vaegir Archer scimitar and to buying it. Yes to all Sarranid stuff except horse archery... Pls no. Yes to everything for Swads. Yes for Vaegir War Horse nerf (seriously this thing is a bit too mobile for 1400, maybe even a slight manoeuvrability drop too).

Cradoc said:
Vaegir Cav already get very little, let's not nerf them.

Well they get equipment pretty comparable to swadians first round, decent enough shield, free scimitar, free lance, hunter and light armour. Added to that they have good and easily accessible upgrade routes for getting more armour, heavy lance etc...

If you compare that to the other factions, only swadians are similar.

Sarranids have poor shields and weapons and their horses while mobile are made of paper and die quickly.

Rhodoks get comparable equipment but need to take the light lance, however they have less riding skill which is extremely significant and heavily affects your manoeuvre and speed.

Nords have to take poor shield + sword as well as absolutely no armour to get the hunter.

So I would argue vaegirs have some of the best cav in the game, which is on top of having the best rangers in the game. My logic is that their cav needs to be nerfed a bit rather than their infantry which is what the last patch did. However I know such big nerfs to cav are going to be unpopular, hence me putting it as an unsafe change.

-------------------------------------

Cradoc said:
I noticed that buying the Vaegir Lamellar Vest has been very glitchy. I would have enough from the round and selling my armor but then it spends ~300 gold on nothing since I didn't change anything except the Leather Jerkin to Lamellar Vest. I think I need to test this more but it's just something I noticed when pubbing. Would also love to see it drop by ~100 gold.

On upgrading to lamellar I have also noticed issues with it, I think its due to wrongly configured servers but not sure.

--------------------------------------

Cradoc said:
Think Rhodok armour should be a little cheaper along with the dart changes. Not too much though (not going to throw out numbers since I haven't really looked into anything). A little price drop for the Rhodok weaponry too. Some of the stuff isn't really used at all. You might see the occasional person pick up a Military Pick but that's about it. Either a slight buff to their range or a slight ~50-80g drop to their price would make them more viable since most people just go for the Cleavers anyways.

I don't think the light/medium armours are badly priced, the heavy armour requires the equivalent of 4 kills and 1 round win or 2 round wins and about 2 kills to get unless you sacrifice some other equipment. It could possibly do with a minor reduction in cost yes (50-100g less).

The main issue with weapons that deal pierce (or bash) damage is that they're all short and the mechanisms for getting more damage due to damage type get trumped when you can just get a weapon with more raw damage like the cleaver. You need to significantly up the damage on the short weapons in order to make them worthwhile for the big range reduction and I think that would be a little too unpredictable for such a late patch.

The only one I really see never used is the military sickle and I don't think its necessarily a problem to have 1 weapon out of so many not be used. Every other one has at least some use or niche that justifies it.

hi i have i very old version of mount and blade warband v1.1 so i downloaded the 1.158 update but after i install the update and run the game it crashes when it gets to the loading screen crashes
please help me i can't even play mods with the old version please what can i do
and even if i download the full game not just the patch i mean the full 1.158 game it keeps on crashing

Tech support would've been better place, but try deleting My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt

That will reset your settings, like video settings and key bindings, and might also fix the crashing.

Belendor said:
Nomad Sabre, that is of Khergit weaponry. Though, I agree with Scimitars since Nord Archers have their sword.

Well, I do not see any problem with sharing same weapons between different factions. Swadians and Vaegirs both have awlpikes after all; so why could not we give a nomad sabre to the Vaegir archers ?
Another solution would allow Vaegir archers to get their scimitars back for a certain amount of money.

Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
The download links suck ass , im getting around 10kb/sec download while i normally get from steam and everywhere else around 2mb/sec , GG
Thanks for the feedback... we'll look into it.

In the meantime you can try the FTP link here: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download

Why was the Balanced modifier removed as a possibility from Military Hammers?  Those things kicked ass!

Also, can we get some of the hidden weapons introduced as regulars to the game?  I'm talking about weapons like the Polehammer.  Give it guard crush and that's all I'll use!

Hello. I just updated to 1.158 from 1.143, which I had quite for some time. This "Lords now defect even faster when their faction has no centers left." -update which came with 1.152 is causing serious grief. When I play and just let time pass, the most common game message is either "lord defects" or indiction for treason. This happens in massive amounts, several times in a game day, worst record so far was about dozen defections a day. This varies, however, and there may be days with only one or two defections.

My game is around day 500 (or so), so the relations between many kings and their vassals have propably sinked low and some factions only have a few castles left, so I understand what causes this mass defection wave. Anyway, it's getting a little disturbing when the recent messages log is sometimes literally flooded by messages of defections. If there is a patch coming some day, I'd just like to ask have you heard of this problem from anyone else, and possibly planned an update to revert this update that came with 1.152?

Edit: I was also thinking whether this is only a bug I face or have others experienced this as well? Of course it's realistic that lords don't want to stay with factions that are nearly collapsing, but I still miss the old versions, where a defection of a lord was a rare and thus a very interesting event, it's getting a little boring and... stupid-looking when it happens several times a day.

So I don't know if it's the specific module that NA uses, but when upgrading from Vaegir's Lamellar Vest (1261) to Lamellar Armor (2410), it requires ~1500 gold and not 1149 gold as it should. What file is all the prices set in, maybe some glitch in there?

Rabab said:
Belendor said:
Nomad Sabre, that is of Khergit weaponry. Though, I agree with Scimitars since Nord Archers have their sword.

Well, I do not see any problem with sharing same weapons between different factions. Swadians and Vaegirs both have awlpikes after all; so why could not we give a nomad sabre to the Vaegir archers ?
Another solution would allow Vaegir archers to get their scimitars back for a certain amount of money.

Yes...please give them something with reach :grin: Scimis were very strong & for free, that was OP...but the falchion/maces are just too bad weapons, mainly because of poor reach. Any other archer outclasses Vaegir ones in melee, and it's very hard to fight cavalry.

I'd be happy with something like the (nomad) sabre, it fits the theme and isn't as good as scimitars are. Or Scimis back, for serious money....or the cheaper one of the one-handed axes the Sarranid Inf already has (they don't have the reach but at least they do good damage, like the axe Nord archers have).

As it is right now, we always have to do those complicated drops in matches when we play Vaegir  :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom