Ghosts, Ghouls and Things that go bump in the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
I Just watched The Conjuring and it's about Ed and Lorraine Warren
and their investigation into the Perron family. I've been on a 4 hour internet adventure looking up Supernatural phenomena. Some of it is quite interesting. Here's a video I found quite creepy:

I've actually experienced what I felt was an occult event in my late childhood early teens so I find this stuff particularly interesting.

Whats your take? Do you believe in ghosts/demons etc or is this all nonsense?

Also post any occult videos or articles you've seen here.

I don't believe in ghosts, I don't think, but I still have a fear of them, when something goes bump in the night. I do believe there are evil spirits or something along those lines, though that's mostly a religious thing.

Ghosts, spirits, demons, no. However, I'm still horribly afraid of them, well I guess the thought and representation of them.

Tuckles said:
*****es just ain't been hit by SP. That **** will make you believe in anything.

Sleep paralysis? Heh. But that ****'s all crazy up in tha' brain dude.

I do think it is easy to wave off the paranormal if you have never been subjected to a situation where it may have occurred. My old family home saw quite a few instances, especially when these instances are shared amongst family through the years we spent there. I am somewhat of a believer, although it is easier to be a skeptic in the majority of cases. There's still far too much we do not know about our own capabilities, about the natural world and of science to prescribe every unknown to the paranormal.

That said, we've never been able to explain who the little girl was in our house, why the keys never stayed on the table, the frying pans clanged and the uneasiness downstairs at night.

It's hard for me not to believe in spirits after the things I hear day and night. The frightful paranoia I get every-time I look at a mirrored surface or out a window during the night. >>

Mirror-Scare.jpg

It's alright, I feel ya'. I remember watching What Lies Beneath as a kid - it ruined steamy mirror surfaces for me.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Ghosts/spirits yes, Demons no.

Is there any real tangible difference between either of the three?

As for experiences and beliefs I once or twice opened my mouth a little to casually to things I had experienced/seen which met with disbelief and ridicule so I prefer to shut my mouth.

I don't believe in these things, even though I'm pretty certain I've seen one ghost. :razz:

Was ways back in the 80's, can't remember what year exactly, but I would've been around 6-8 or something, I think. My great-grandpa had died just one week earlier, I was just spending time in my room. At some point I peeked out the window, saw an old man walking down the yard. He had exactly the same clothes as my great-grandpa always wore, including the very distinct hat, plus the exact same cane. Due to his hat he couldn't've seen me peek out from the corner of his eye, but as soon as I looked out, he stopped and looked straight back at me, his facial features were extremely recognisable as well.
My cousin lived in the same building at the time (different apartment though, but had a window pointing at the same yard), he also had looked outside at the same time, saw 'im and confirmed it really was 'im. And he has a better knack for recognising faces than I do.

Go figure.

J said:
I don't believe in these things, even though I'm pretty certain I've seen one ghost. :razz:

Was ways back in the 80's, can't remember what year exactly, but I would've been around 6-8 or something, I think. My great-grandpa had died just one week earlier, I was just spending time in my room. At some point I peeked out the window, saw an old man walking down the yard. He had exactly the same clothes as my great-grandpa always wore, including the very distinct hat, plus the exact same cane. Due to his hat he couldn't've seen me peek out from the corner of his eye, but as soon as I looked out, he stopped and looked straight back at me, his facial features were extremely recognisable as well.
My cousin lived in the same building at the time (different apartment though, but had a window pointing at the same yard), he also had looked outside at the same time, saw 'im and confirmed it really was 'im. And he has a better knack for recognising faces than I do.

Go figure.

What happened to him after that (your great grandpa) ?
:roll:

Naw, he was already buried and/or cremated at that point, I think. And no idea what he did after, I got a bit spooked and stopped looking.

I saw a will-o'-the-wisp once when I was in middle school. I was waiting for the bus in the morning (but the sun had already risen so visibility was okay) when I saw this small blue light floating between a neighbor's pine trees that lined his drive way. A couple of other friends saw it and we argued about what it actually was, but we were all certain that it couldn't have been someone walking with a flashlight - it was only 50 yards away and although the visibility wasn't great, it was light enough to see a person at that distance.

That being said, I highly doubt it was actually a ghost or a spirit. Similarly, I believe that anyone else's experience with the paranormal is equally dubious. That isn't to say that these people are lying. I suspect that most cases of paranormal activity are a result of poorly reconstructed memories. Ultimately, I believe there is a perfectly rational explanation for this sort of phenomena. Just because those who experience this phenomena have difficulty explaining these events does not mean these events are unexplainable - rather, these people simply don't have enough context or evidence to make sense of their situation.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
That said, we've never been able to explain who the little girl was in our house, why the keys never stayed on the table, the frying pans clanged and the uneasiness downstairs at night.

Seems to me like being haunted by a little girl that's stealing the keys and banging the frying pans would help explain to explain the uneasiness at night.  :razz:

J said:
Was ways back in the 80's, can't remember what year exactly, but I would've been around 6-8 or something

This too is something that I think deserves being pointed out - I feel that such events are often a result of children's imagination. Like my own story, these events happened when we were children, which undoubtedly shapes how we reconstruct the event in our memory today. It would be fascinating to go back and see how the events unfolded from the eyes of an adult - sadly, we can only do that through memory.

Also at that video - what a crock of ****.  :lol: I have very little doubt that the Warrens are (were?) in this for the money. A couple of knocking sounds at certain questions is not exactly compelling evidence in my opinion. Just because their hands are on the table doesn't mean their feet are glued to the floor. Similarly, I like how they mention that no one is moving the table. Pretty inconvenient that half of the table is out of the frame.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom