UNAC Power Rankings Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Hard to use the justification that a team didn't have x or y, as BkS personally has played 2-3 crucial matches without Tyrian and/or peers.

But yes, update power rankings.

I would swap BkS to 4th, Wappaw to 5th and Balions to 6th. I'd also throw WMT to like 11th or something.

BkS is really impressing me. I was like, "Oh yeah, they'll improve, next tournament they'll make top 5 maybe." They're very rapidly getting better, swiftly learning from their bad loss to GA in order to improve individual skill and teamwork, and perhaps more crucially, team strategy. They fought hard with TMW and beat Balions pretty soundly. I don't think they actually will make the top 4 of the tournament (hence I'm keeping my actual power rankings list the same) but in terms of skill they have triumphed over their rivals.

Wappaw, likewise, has extremely impressed me. They've had a wacky schedule, some hard losses (pre-tournament and in scrims), some difficulty in getting everything together, but they have rapidly sprinted to get better and better. Their weaknesses and strengths are the same as before, but they've compensated for their weaknesses with brilliant emphasis on cav-oriented strategy and worked on their infantry's ability to hold the line. I'm expecting a lot from them, and I'd even like to see them in the top 4. I'm actually leaning on the idea they could beat BkS, but perhaps i'm getting a bit ambitious there.

Balions have been slacking. I love them. I really do, they've been a favorite team of mine since I entered the competitive scene, but they're not performing at a level that I've come to expect. They walked in the tournament with an impressive win over TMW, and have entered a downward spiral. I'm hoping they come out of it, but I'm calling it as I see it.

WMT is a great team. I love my team, we work together, and I enjoy the people on my team. We've got some great reliable players (DYLM, Snubert, Madoc) that are progressively getting better and better and understanding how the competitive scene works. Their raw talent is starting to shine when coated with experience. Our team cohesion and teamwork is building and I can give progressively more difficult calls. However, I'm struggling with the team. Besides a core of about three players, the remaining four are constantly swapped out with a 19-player roster. Some players have no idea what they're doing, or have no desire to play. I'm confident WMT will come to shine, but I don't think it'll be until the end of this tournament.

Back
Top Bottom