UNAC Power Rankings

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhade

Master Knight
UNAC has already revitalized the competitive scene, and along with it has been some quality coverage including streams, podcasts, recordings and spirited discussions about Warband and it's meta. In the spirit of taking this a step further, I'm proposing a UNAC "power ranking" thread that's aim is to bolster the competitive scene by giving some repercussion to doing well / poorly by giving more accountability to teams week-to-week and giving the spotlight to those deserving of it. This could potentially discourage teams from purposefully throwing matches, as well as provide some more tension and entertainment to the teams at the top dueling it out. This listing is obviously going to rely heavily on subjective viewpoints which is unavoidable, so I ask that you respect other people's subjectivity while simultaneously all striving to be as objective as we can while staying away from being slaves to numbers. This is intended to be a serious topic but keep in mind that it's also just for enjoyment and speculation. The only valid teams to rank are current eligible UNAC teams.

Use this thread to post your weekly take on the power rankings, from top to bottom. With each slot you assign, be sure to give a reason they were ranked there and a bit of analysis with it. To avoid a cluster****, leave your original post and modify it each week using spoilers to add progressive weeks using

[.spoiler] 
etc
                  [./spoiler]

format without the periods for each week. This thread is for rankings only, and as these rankings are bound to be subjective, leave this thread free of any kind of discussion or arguments. This is simply a thread for people to list their opinions in a matter-of-fact way with supporting reasoning, there are to be no other posts here besides your one post with your listings. Do not reply, quote, or add any other messages besides your listings. I will be enlisting the help of Calamity and the moderation team to police this thread and removing any disallowed discussions immediately.

Use this thread for discussion regarding the rankings.

Headed into week 7:

1. Wk-  Strong all around. I don't see any glaring weaknesses. Good ranged, good cav and a couple good inf. Wk makes me uncertain and uncertainty kills me more often than not. Not much has changed to alter my opinion since week 1. They took their first loss of the tourney not long ago, but I expect them to bounce back and there's never a better time to do that than their next match versus Balion. If they can pull it off and defeat Balion, I see this team as all but assured of making it to the final 4. 

2. Wappaw- Wappaw have been doing fantastic as of late. Of course, the quality of competition may factor into their current standings, but until someone can prove them undeserving of their #2 spot it's theirs to lose. A win over SF proved them to be "King of the mid-tiers", but I think Wappaw has the capability to surprise a lot of people, even themselves. I'll keep them as #2 until someone begins beating them.

3. BkS- With a solid win over Balion, BkS moves into third place in my power rankings! A very solid team with very solid players, BkS is, well, good. I don't have much to say about the way they play, tactics or pro strats. They play well together and when the smoke clears more often than not they're still standing. With a few key matches still remaining, BkS will be a team to watch.

4. Balion- Took a tumble from 1st to 5th after a rough loss to BkS, but i'll still place Balion as my #4 team. I don't think what I saw during the scrim against BkS was the real Balion. Mad can pull them together and I expect Balion to right the ship pretty quickly. The coming match against wK will be a big test for Balion. I see wK and Balion as very similar teams in a lot of ways at the moment. Strong with cavalry and solid with ranged, I see no reason why balion (assuming they pull it together after week 6), can't beat wK and give themselves some breathing room.

Guess I'll join in on the fun.

1. GA - Despite quite the loss to wK, they're still my favourite for the top spot. While obviously since I play with them, there's going to be bias, but knowing how serious they took this match, compared to how they can be, tells me this could have been a different story. As they continue to practice plains and play on the higher ping, I only see them getting even stronger.

2. wK - Coming off a strong start, they're looking quite handy in the ranged in cavalry department. Depending on how GA plays, and the end of week 6, wK could be taking the top spot. I'd like to see them get in some melee's and different situations before I pass further judgement.

3. TMW - The grand watchers of the midnight have come a long way, and while they may have suffered a loss at the hands of Balion in week 1, I see them as a top contender, and they'll only be improving throughout the season. This week however will be a test for them. See below:

4. BkS - The former champs arn't looking all that great at the moment. After a devastating loss to GA and seeing how they plan on playing, I can't really put them any higher than this. I just wish Rhade would be willing to put aside some of the non-sense and show us what a top teir team can do when they're wanting to win. Good to see them back honestly, and I'm going to be watching this weeks match with interest. They can easily hold this spot and higher for the now.

5. Balion - While under normal circumstances they would be top 3, for the time being I'm not really seeing them putting up enough to prove themselves worthy being any higher. Seen a lot of shoddy play and some questionable moves, despite of this , they could easily improve this by 2-3 ranks with a strong showing in week 4-5, which is a good possibility. Some good games about to go down, then we'll know.

The rest:

6. KoA
7. Wappaw
8. SF
9. KM
10. DoF
11. Rebels
12. WMT
13. GKR

1. wK - I don't see these guys as likely to lose the top power ranking for quite a while. Historically, wK has always had a strong cav/ranged game but has lacked in melee. With the addition of Beer and PPK leading their infantry lineup, wK now has an extremely well-rounded and powerful roster. I expect they might still have a bit of work to do on their closed map game, but other than that wK is in top form.

2. TMW - Barely making it as second power ranking over Balion, despite having lost to them in round 1 with a score of 11-8, TMW have a strong and consistent roster and I doubt they'll lose any more matches easily. Currently the strongest team on closed maps and starting to work on their open/mixed map gameplay, I only see TMW getting stronger throughout the rest of the round-robin. Their performance against BkS could be a precursor of great things to come, or a heavy blow to their momentum and chances at qualifying.

3. Balion - I was going to give Balion second, partially due to my bias, but honestly Balion has some work to do before I can rank them at first or second. I'm trying to rank the teams from a completely objective perspective, after all. Alongside wK, Balion is one of only two teams still undefeated, but some of the victories have been shakier than they should have been. While I expect Balion to qualify for finals, and while their open map game is arguably the strongest in the tournament, they need to brush up on their group fighting and closed map game before I can put them at the top of the power ranking where I think they are perfectly capable of being.

4. GA - Not many teams or clans have been able to beat BkS in the past, but GA's decisive victory of BkS just shows how far the meta and community skill has come over the past year.  Despite the ping disadvantage, GA is still a very real contender for top power ranking and maybe even first place in the tournament.  I expect them to bounce off their loss against wK and make it real hard for any other teams to win against them. Hard to tell what exactly this team is capable of.

5. BkS - Still a strong team and a threat to the other higher-ranking teams. However, they have some work to do if they hope to qualify.
6. Wappaw - Could be a dark horse in this tournament. I don't see it as impossible for these guys to snag a spot in the finals.
7. KoA - Consistent and skilled, but not enough to rank much higher than this.
8. WMT - I expect more and more improvement from these guys, but they have a long way to go.
9. SF - A lot of promise here too, but also a lot of work to do before they can rank any higher.
10. DoF - I could see these guys pushing their way up to seventh or eighth in power ranking. They continue to surprise me.
11. Rebels - A solid team, but unfortunately inconsistent.
12. GKR - Good roster backing this team, but a distinct lack of leadership is costing them matches.
13. KM - No class diversity and not much leadership sadly has these guys sitting at last in power ranking.
1. TMW - To me, these guys just keep looking stronger. They suffered a close loss against Balion in their first round, but they haven't so much as dipped, with strong victories over every team they've since faced. Their biggest test will be this week against wK, and will definitely make it clear to the tournament which team they should be most concerned about.

2. wK - Still undefeated, but with only 3 actual victories under their belts, I have to see more from these guys to put them back at first. They won a strong victory against GA, and they always look like they're ready to take on just about anyone, but this week's match against TMW will be the true test of their abilities.

3. GA - A strong and consistent team, able to push past their ping disadvantage and win against top-tier NA teams. I still feel like I need to see more from GA, but they've done nothing but impress me so far.

4. Balion - From a completely subjective standpoint, Balion is struggling. The Balion that faced BkS is not the Balion we know and love. However, they have played through one of the toughest first 5 weeks any team in the tournament has had, and I think they'll be able to rally and perform very strongly throughout the rest of the round robin.

5. BkS - A strong victory against Balion still doesn't quite put them at 4th or any higher for me, though if they build off the momentum of their latest victory they'll have a very good chance at qualifying for finals.

6. Wappaw - A ridiculously easy first 5 weeks has put Wappaw very high in the tournament ranking, but I expect their impressive record to start to slip as they face some of the tougher teams in the tournament.

7. SF - One of my favourite teams in the tournament, I think they have the potential to surprise some of the upper-tier teams.
8. KoA - These guys are very inconsistent, but I think they have the ability to give some of the stronger teams a real run for their money.
9. Rebels - Another inconsistent team, but I see a steady line of improvement from them.
10. WMT - Another inconsistent team with some potential. I hope to see them make great strides in improving their non-infantry play.
11. DoF - Ranks 9 to 11 for me are almost interchangeable for me. DoF has surprised me before, so I don't expect them to stay at 11 for long.
12. GKR - Some great players on their roster, but unfortunately their complete lack of organization leaves them at 12th.
1. TMW - TMW's victory against wK secures their spot at 1st in power ranking for me. Completely undisputed in their closed map play and always improving on their open map play, they're the team to beat at this point. With the addition of Fiery to beef up their ranged, I see them only getting better from this point on.

2. wK - Having lost to TMW shows that wK's sleepy schedule may have had a negative effect on them. However, I still place them above the rest of the teams in power ranking. With a strong victory against GA under their belts, and an excellent round w/l ratio from most of their matches, I imagine they'll bounce off their loss against TMW and regain some of the momentum they had in the first few weeks of the tournament.

3. GA - Still consistent and strong, GA could very easily snag 1st or 2nd power ranking. Their upcoming match against Wappaw will really show whether they're 1st place material, or 3rd-5th. However, I will say that GA looks incredibly strong and I doubt they'll lose any matches easily.

4. Balion - To some people, Balion's match against KoA gave the impression that they were still struggling. I will be completely objective here and say that it showed the opposite; Balion's closed map work hasn't been so strong since before the start of UNAC, and KoA was playing quite well throughout the entire match. While it definitely wasn't enough to bump Balion up in the power rankings, I believe it shows good things to come for Balion. This week's match against wK will be huge for Balion.

5. BkS - BkS could easily take 4th from Balion, and their performance against SF this coming week will factor into that. SF managed to steal 7 rounds from Balion, something no one seemed to expect SF to be capable of. If BkS rolls SF, it'll speak to the momentum they'll have been gaining off their victory over Balion.

6. Wappaw - A victory against SF shows that they could still be a top-tier team, but it's their upcoming match against GA that will really show what they're made of. I believe they have the potential to at the very least put up a great fight, but Wappaw can be very inconsistent.

7. KoA- KoA has had a bit of a rough season so far, but their going toe-to-toe with Balion on Random Plains shows that they're still capable of high-level play.
8. SF - A strong performance against Wappaw shows that they're definitely a step above the rest of the mid/low-tier teams, but they needed to win it to show that they could be top-tier.
9. Rebels - In the middle of a two-week bye, these guys will have a rough time getting back into the swing of things with their next match being against TMW.
10. DoF - Consistent, but undeniably low-tier. They have potential, but I can't see them beating many other teams in the tournament.
11. WMT - Some recent major swaps could either hurt or help this team. Only time will tell.
12. GKR - Some great players on their roster, but unfortunately their complete lack of organization leaves them at 12th.

At the conclusion of Week 4:

1. West Knights. Historically, wK hasn't been in the mix for the top 3 spots, or even the top spot. However, looking soley at the tournament results so far, wK is in the lead as they handed GA a defeat last week and, until that point, GA had been the one on the hot streak by obliterating BkS the previous week. However, this top spot is very precarious, as besides the GA match, wK has played newer teams and won in expected landslide fashion. They've yet to be tested by a team on even footing with even ping, and I expect them to struggle against Balion and BkS when they meet them. Until then, they're at the top of the list.

2. Balion. Unlike wK, Balion has been playing veteran teams with veteran players and have yet to have an "easy" match and they're proving to be consistently able to take wins off of these teams. This is what's going to be necessary to get into single elimination, and they've proven they're still in the mix with solid wins over TMW and the veteran Wappaw team.

3. GA. The euro superstar team crushed BkS, but their win isn't indicative of their dominance over the scene. They have a star-studded roster with an amazing amount of knowledge and a mastery of the euro meta, but looking at their match history up until this point it's difficult to rank them higher at this point. They lost to wK and beat an anemic KM, with another win over a BkS team that was returning from a teamwide 6 month hiatus and looked very flat-footed. This team can make it far, but right now I'm seeing a loss to a top tier team, a win over a contender for last place and a victory over a suspect BkS team.

4. TMW. TMW plays second to Balion, as Balion beat them head-to-head already. TMW excels on closed maps with their slow rolling infantry and crossbow balls, and judging from the map pools set-up, they'll be happier than a pig in **** every week being able to do that relatively well on all of the closed maps and most of the mixed. Still lacking a bit in the cavalry department, they'll do just fine as some of the open maps still lends itself as well to TMW's style of play.

5. BkS. Black Shields got ripped apart by GA and have yet to play a team that ranks highly enough to establish whether or not the GA loss was a fluke or whether BkS' 6+ month vacation is taking it's toll. We aren't playing on the history channel, so BkS is going to have to make a statement every week and earn their rematch with GA if they intend to be taken seriously. It's common belief that BkS has lost a step, and they have a chance to make a statement this week against TMW on a map-set that seems to favor the TMW playstyle versus the open and flowing BkS playstyle.

6. Wappaw. Wappaw lost handily to Balion and hasn't had a very strong schedule to prove otherwise, similiar to BkS' situation so it makes both teams similarly hard to rank. With this week looking to hand Wappaw another gift, they need to hand in a solid victory against a good opponent to move much higher.

7. KoA. I have to believe that KoA will be able to take all of the skill on that roster and turn it around at some point. They may want to consider changing callers or sending out guys to other vents to pick some stuff up.

8. WMT. WMT is close enough to TMW to learn and improve very quickly. They have a decent amount of skill on their roster, but need time for teamwork and flow to build.

9. DoF. DoF has posted two wins versus one defeat; the victories coming against GKR and the Rebels, both mid tier teams and the defeat coming from Wappaw. DoF is improving and can very easily make it's way up the rankings if it can remain consistent.

10. SF - SF has a few of the many pieces required, but they suffer from a lack of continuity as a lot of players here have been around the proverbial block a few times in regards to clans.

11. Rebels - They understand Warband, but competitive Warband is a different animal and they seem to struggle grasping the higher end of the game at times.

12. GKR - It's strange ranking this team this low with such a good roster, but they seem to having a problem with morale and leadership. They need to build some cohesion and spend some time pubbing together.

13. KM - KM has a few good players in a few respects. Ordyn will win the duel for them more often than not, and they have one or two good infantry players with one good range. However, out of the entire tournament, KM's roster looks the most suspect. It lacks a lot of experience -- especially experience together. KM needs some leadership and a desire to improve as well as the time to do so. They have the beginnings of a good clan, but it's up to leadership how far that's going to go.

At the conclusion of Week 6:

1. TMW - Solid and steady, which goes great with TMW because they love those heavy board shields and a lot of left clicking. They're showing consistency and while they aren't breaking away from the pack in any way of the imagination, they are one of the most consistent teams with an average strength of schedule so far.

2. Balion - Minus the loss to BkS, Balion has been strong and consistent, beating TMW, Wappaw along their way to a 4-1 record so far. The ship will be righted and Balion will be just fine.

3. BkS - The win over Balion was sound and convincing; BkS has picked up some of it's former swagger, recovering from their earlier struggles. Whether or not they can put together a steady roster that can show up week-to-week is the question at this point.

4. wK - Their strength of schedule so far hasn't been strong, so it's hard to really say just how good wK really is. Their spot here at #4 is here as they're still riding the credibility their former win over GA nets them.

5. GA - GA dropped 8 rounds to Rebels. GA may have been ranked higher earlier in the tournament, but Rebels is an up-and coming clan still learning and if GA drops 8 rounds to them, there's an issue. It's a safe bet GA struggled in the open.

6. Wappaw - Wappaw could easily be #5 or #4 with the wins they've posted, but the problem is they haven't hard a very difficult strength of schedule so far, they dropped 6 rounds to GKR and GKR is easily showing to be one of the teams with the most work left to do. They have been winning but haven't been sweeping teams that high level teams need to be sweeping.

7. KoA - I have to believe that KoA will be able to take all of the skill on that roster and turn it around at some point. They may want to consider changing callers or sending out guys to other vents to pick some stuff up.

8. SF - SF took some rounds off of Balion that Balion would like to have back; SF is proving to be a good mid-tier team.

9. DoF - DoF has proven itself competent and worthy of a mid-tier label. They need to continue to watch the other clans to grow and learn.

10. Rebels - Rebels gains a spot for taking 8 rounds from GA, even though they lost the match, they're proving they're able to take rounds off high-end teams. #8-#10 is a hair's width at this point, and I see a shoot-out coming.

11. WMT - WMT is struggling to match the success of their older brother. They have character and some decently known players but they're just getting absolutely swept and aced more often than not; their first week steal of rounds vs Balion keeps them from last place.

12. GKR - It's strange ranking this team this low with such a good roster, but they seem to having a problem with morale and leadership. They need to build some cohesion and spend some time pubbing together.

At the conclusion of Week 9:

1. GA - The European behemoth rallied back this week with a strong showing after their stumbles last week. Look for them in the finals, mates. Right-o.

2. wK - 16-5 win over Balions was huge. wK has been steady all season, and show no signs of slowing down -- they're on a pretty big hot streak right now and seem to be confident in themselves.

3. BkS - Reeling off 4 straight convincing wins, BkS seems to have come to form with the BkS of old and looks to have knocked the rust off and is battling back. Despite the shaky start and time they spent finding their legs, they're on fire with dominating performances over high rated opponents.

4. TMW - TMW has been off to a great start so far and have been very consistent. They, however, did drop a lot of rounds to Rebels and are showing some signs of flagging, edging an up-and-coming (and very quickly improving) Rebel team 13-6 is not something a #1 ranked team does. Right now, the gap between 1-4 is a razor's edge as all the teams in the tournament look to make the run into the finals, and all seem to be coming into form. So, even though the beginning stages of the tournament were promising, TMW gets moved down this week as they drop a lot of rounds to a mid-level team.

5. Balion - Balion is really struggling. They are a high-level team, but with Angus and Zero not being around very much for their matches so far, they have been having a hard time keeping up without their elite players at the pivotal skill positions of range and cav. Zero's return will help Balion, but it may be a little too late as Balion has already suffered some pretty key losses to the top 4 contenders. Were Angus and Zero to return on a regular basis, and Balion could somehow get into the finals -- perhaps a 6 team finals -- they will be fine. They are bleeding heavily in the standings, but are still a top-tier team.

6. Wappaw - Wappaw's a solid mid-tier team, and a great gatekeeper; they really do serve as the great dividing line between elite teams and good teams. Wappaw is a good team, and is one of the best good teams, but not elite: Wappaw's easy schedule has been exposed, being smashed by GA and BkS and only taking 4 rounds total off the two matches while giving away 32. Wappaw's been hit in the mouth and the reality of the uphill climb the rest of their schedule brings just hit home. And **** just got real.

7. Rebels - Rebels have been consistently taking rounds off elite teams like GA and TMW, and have been constantly growing and improving the whole tournament. I really do think they are one of the most improved teams in UNAC, and could be looking to challenge Wappaw soon as they continue to improve and grow as a competitive team.

8. SF - SF has put in solid work week after week at the mid level, trashing KoA this week despite KoA's deep roster. They, as well as Rebels, continue to improve every week and, even though their chances at making the finals are mathematically impossible, they are learning a lot and growing, which is even more important.

9. DoF - DoF has had some trouble lately, and hasn't had the strongest showing all tournament. But they have had a lot more success than most people gave them credit for, and they have shown that they know what it is to play competitive Warband.

10. KoA - ****ing KoA man. I don't get it, but I guess that's just part of Warband: the random glances, the teamkilling guys behind you when you swing in front of you, the naked guy running at the end of the map with the name ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| only wearing an arming helmet, and KoA's talented roster struggling to beat mid-tier teams week after week and getting straight wrecked by elite teams. John is one of the best shots in Warband, Brave is an amazing infantry player, and even when KoA used to have elite talent like Joe and Robo, still they struggled. C'mon Tyrone, pull that **** together.

11. WMT - WMT is quickly becoming the whipping boy of the tournament.

12. GKR - Simliar to the KoA conundrum, but GKR's problem is a bit more clear: lack of cohesion, confidence in each other, and lack of well defined leadership. They don't have experience in the trenches together, and that's almost more important than just having good players.

At the conclusion of Week 10:

1. GA - The much anticipated TMW vs GA match showed that GA not only has infantry that can hang at the high levels of play, but that GA as a whole are making a strong bid for the favorite to win the tournament. GA is peerless on closed maps and maps that they can play slowly and deliberately. They've won 5 in a row.

2. BkS - BkS has also put to bed any doubts and the BkS hatecamp has gotten relatively quiet of late as they continue their hot streak of 6 straight wins. It will be interesting to see how they stack up with the rest of the top-tier team they've already played now that they've had time to acclimate and get rid of the massive amount of rust.

3. wK - Strong all around, wK stumbled last week but still put on a very strong performance and have been solid all tournament.

4. TMW - TMW is a top-tier team, no question, but to be the champ you have to beat the champ and TMW struggled heavily against GA, which is setting the standard for closed maps and TMW's strength is closed maps.

5. Balion - Rounding out the upper echelon, Balion has also found their stride but it may be a bit late in the tournament. From a purely objective standpoint, Balion sits in fifth, just outside the bubble to make single elimination, but subjectively: With Zero returning, if Balion had more time and more of an opportunity to stretch it's legs, it could find itself making the cut with the ranged factor he brings. The GA match this upcoming week is absolute do-or-die. Single elimination begins now.

6. SF - Impressive win over DoF. Very close between Wappaw and SF right now.

7. Wappaw - The difficult schedule continues for Wappaw, but they may just have had their last bit of hope and morale shattered by the loss to KoA. Wappaw is in trouble, their house is on fire and no one has a fire extinguisher. Redknight's shoulders can only take so much.

8. KoA - Finally KoA was able to put that talent to use and get them all firing in the same direction against Wappaw. It's a case of too little, too late, but it's good to see them finally start to put the pieces together.

9. Rebels - Rebels have been consistently taking rounds off elite teams like GA and TMW, and have been constantly growing and improving the whole tournament. I really do think they are one of the most improved teams in UNAC, and could be looking to challenge Wappaw soon as they continue to improve and grow as a competitive team.

10. DoF - DoF has had some trouble lately, and hasn't had the strongest showing all tournament. But they have had a lot more success than most people gave them credit for, and they have shown that they know what it is to play competitive Warband.

11. WMT - WMT are masochists.

12. GKR - I have to give it to GKR, I respect the fact that they aren't quitting and they keep showing up to matches and play them all the way through, and continue to take some rounds off other teams.

Rhade said:
Week 4:

1. West Knights. Historically, wK hasn't been in the mix for the top 3 spots, or even the top spot. However, looking soley at the tournament results so far, wK is in the lead as they handed GA a defeat last week and, until that point, GA had been the one on the hot streak by obliterating BkS the previous week. However, this top spot is very precarious, as besides the GA match, wK has played newer teams and won in expected landslide fashion. They've yet to be tested by a team on even footing with even ping, and I expect them to struggle against Balion and BkS when they meet them. Until then, they're at the top of the list.

2. Balion. Unlike wK, Balion has been playing veteran teams with veteran players and have yet to have an "easy" match and they're proving to be consistently able to take wins off of these teams. This is what's going to be necessary to get into single elimination, and they've proven they're still in the mix with solid wins over TMW and the veteran Wappaw team.

3. GA. The euro superstar team crushed BkS, but their win isn't indicative of their dominance over the scene. They have a star-studded roster with an amazing amount of knowledge and a mastery of the euro meta, but looking at their match history up until this point it's difficult to rank them higher at this point. They lost to wK and beat an anemic KM, with another win over a BkS team that was returning from a teamwide 6 month hiatus and looked very flat-footed. This team can make it far, but right now I'm seeing a loss to a top tier team, a win over a contender for last place and a victory over a suspect BkS team.

4. TMW. TMW plays second to Balion, as Balion beat them head-to-head already. TMW excels on closed maps with their slow rolling infantry and crossbow balls, and judging from the map pools set-up, they'll be happier than a pig in **** every week being able to do that relatively well on all of the closed maps and most of the mixed. Still lacking a bit in the cavalry department, they'll do just fine as some of the open maps still lends itself as well to TMW's style of play.

5. BkS. Black Shields got ripped apart by GA and have yet to play a team that ranks highly enough to establish whether or not the GA loss was a fluke or whether BkS' 6+ month vacation is taking it's toll. We aren't playing on the history channel, so BkS is going to have to make a statement every week and earn their rematch with GA if they intend to be taken seriously. It's common belief that BkS has lost a step, and they have a chance to make a statement this week against TMW on a map-set that seems to favor the TMW playstyle versus the open and flowing BkS playstyle.

6. Wappaw. Wappaw lost handily to Balion and hasn't had a very strong schedule to prove otherwise, similiar to BkS' situation so it makes both teams similarly hard to rank. With this week looking to hand Wappaw another gift, they need to hand in a solid victory against a good opponent to move much higher.

7. KoA. I have to believe that KoA will be able to take all of the skill on that roster and turn it around at some point. They may want to consider changing callers or sending out guys to other vents to pick some stuff up.

8. WMT. WMT is close enough to TMW to learn and improve very quickly. They have a decent amount of skill on their roster, but need time for teamwork and flow to build.

10. SF - SF has a few of the many pieces required, but they suffer from a lack of continuity as a lot of players here have been around the proverbial block a few times in regards to clans.

11. Rebels - They understand Warband, but competitive Warband is a different animal and they seem to struggle grasping the higher end of the game at times.

13. KM - KM has a few good players in a few respects. Ordyn will win the duel for them more often than not, and they have one or two good infantry players with one good range. However, out of the entire tournament, KM's roster looks the most suspect. It lacks a lot of experience -- especially experience together. KM needs some leadership and a desire to improve as well as the time to do so. They have the beginnings of a good clan, but it's up to leadership how far that's going to go.

Forgetting someone at number 9?  :roll:

1. wK -  Solid tactics. Solid teamwork, solid coordination. Each time I've lead TMW against them or played against them in a scrim, they have a strategy that I really haven't seen from any other team. They have their archers on the flanks, all of which are extremely good shots, with enough sense to move up to support any melee fight. The cavalry is extraordinarily responsive and able to defend their archers if need be - though they rarely need be, as they are themselves busy destroying the other team's archer lineup. The infantry, which although I believe is the weakest part of the team, is still extremely solid and is able to survive if not wreck the enemy team. It's a great force of cohesion, and there's no obvious way of beating them. They wreck.

2. GA - Very capable players. They play to enforce crossfires, and against traditional NA strategies of pushing hard, it's devastating, as seen by their match vs. BkS. Their archers are very good at what they do, and their infantry is able to tear even top-tier NA players apart. Despite the ****ty ping disadvantage, they play very competitively and very powerfully. Their strategic disadvantage lies in the fact their archers are split up far from the team, which is usually acceptable, but is very damaging if the enemy team has capable cav. I would say GA's weak spot lies in their greatest advantage - splitting up devastates weak teams with poor coordination, but against a similarly coordinated team that knows how to exploit the disadvantage of splitting up, it will hurt.

3.  TMW - The team plays with the coordination of wK with the tactics of GA. It has powerful infantry and archers who know how to support each other. Communication is strong and constant, and the calling is solid. Players have played with each other so long they instinctively know what they're doing, and are able to play multiple roles competently. However, the lack of powerful cav forces TMW to over-rely on their archers and forces infantry fights to be too lengthy, which are oftentimes exploited by enemy cavalry. Occasionally impulsive players lead to a split up team, which can be devastating.

4. Balions - Phenomenal coordination, phenomenal leading. Strangely enough, the flaws I've seen in Balion's play are based around their traditional strength - weak individual prowess. Despite being an ancient clan, with a great leader and some of the best team coordination I've seen, each player seems to fall quickly. Despite having phenomenal cav, extended fights are not ended as fast as they should, allowing archers of other teams to punish the Balions. Overall an extremely powerful team, but they play much in the traditional NA style, and they will need to adapt to either GA's or wK's style of play in order to attain higher positions. A stronger infantry roster would also be of great benefit.

5. BkS - They used to have the perfect combination of very good coordination and extreme individual skill, but after not playing for long periods of time they have lost the former and don't have enough of the latter to make up for the former. Rhade needs to get the way the metagame works now in his head as a caller. Over time, BkS will rebuild and reappear as among the top NA teams, but currently they're going to see serious opposition from mid-tier teams and won't be able to get back in shape fast enough to appear in the top four of UNAC. They've got powerful infantry, good archers, and excellent cavalry - but the beautiful individual puzzle pieces don't fit together to make a picture.

6. Wappaw - They are rapidly recovering from the competitive slump that I believe occurred after BIT (due to lack of enjoyment from ruleset + inability to play much Random Plains) and becoming a powerful team. Their coordination is coming back quickly, enhanced by the ability of their cav to disrupt the enemy team's coordination. The calling is competent, and ranged play is excellent. Unfortunately, their weak infantry roster (with the exception of Pizza) is going to hinder them for quite some time, and their cav and ranged is not good enough to make up for that hole.

7. KoA - I've always called them the black hole of Warband skill, sucking in amazing talent and never producing many results. Their players are great. Their coordination is great. When I lead three KoA players in NASTe, I'm fully confident we wouldn't have attained anything close to second place without those KoAs. Unfortunately, they have a very archaic style of play, oftentimes camping and wandering into crossfires instead of setting up positions of their own and attaining the map control that's even more crucial with the new ruleset. If KoA is to perform, they're going to have to be innovative and clever, and stop doing the same thing that hasn't worked for them for the last couple of tournaments.

8. WMT - Very strong players, and I humbly say an experienced caller. However, the team was made to develop coordination of players, and as expected that's something we very much lack. Despite great individual skill, the players don't have the awareness capabilities that comes with time of playing Warband, and that tears the team apart. The archers aren't aware of where to put themselves, the cav aren't aware of how to support effectively, and the infantry can't do much more than bunch up and go. With time, the team will certainly get better, but as of now the coordination isn't there.

9. DoF - I've undervalued them constantly, and that's probably because they lacked every part of a good team - they had terrible lack of coordination, little individual skill, ancient calling techniques, and rarely practiced. However, with their recent return to the competitive scene and constant practices with TMW and Rebels, they've successfully built up every part that used to be weak and are constantly getting better. Their coordination is now competent, the strategies aren't bad, and individual skill is stronger as more competent players join the roster. However, they still suffer from some very novice players that threaten to bring the entire team down - something DoF will have to work on if they intend to increase in ranking.

10. SF - Good coordination, strong players, but lack of awareness and primitive calling techniques. On open maps they are very vulnerable and extraordinarily easy to out-maneuver, because they play them like closed maps and bunch up and move around. Also, lack of proficient cav or archers is a serious setback, as strong infantry alone cannot carry any team.

11. KM - Decent players, particularly with Ordyn, and evidently decent communication. From what I've seen, their archers can also definitely hold their own. Everything else, however, is lacking.

12. Rebels - Lackluster everything here. They've got some good players, but they honestly just can't get their act together. The timings are off, the support is nonexistant, and the infantry plays like they're pubbing. They have hidden talent, and I would have thought Snoop and Courtney would be able to exploit it along with using Mok as a support to hold up the team as everyone else catches up, but it hasn't happened.

13. GKR - I don't really see a will to play in this team. If you don't want to play well, you're not going to play well. I echo Rhade's sentiment here that they need to play together.

Pre-Week 7
1. GA - GA is an unknown as far my knowledge of them goes. They seem to have a core of AE players that attend every match. This leads me to believe that they will follow AE's gameplan on most maps/situations. I've seen some of the WB_TV VODs of AE and they look very sharp both on open and closed maps. Based on what I believe them capable of and how they've fared so far (5-1) in the round robin, I give them the first spot. Crushing Wappaw in week 7 would cement them here, a close match or a loss would see them dropping down in the rankings.

2. wk - wK has either been playing a lot later at night than I've been on recently or is seeing some inactivity from some members of their team. They have a roster that is capable of anything, especially with the additions of Beer and Letholdus giving them an even more solid infantry arm. Both their cav and ranged are wk's greatest strength. Before week 6, they would have been ranked #1 by far. Even after a loss against TMW, I feel that they are deserving of 2nd place in the Power Rankings.

3. TMW - TMW are looking very, to borrow a word from TMW, stronk. The current TMW A team had a very strong inf core that carried them to victory on closed maps, BkS style. That is to say, run towards your opponent and win melees. There is a lack of finesse in the way they handled closed maps that made their victories even more impressive. Their core of Mike, Volpel, Oodle, Unicorn, and Kherven on inf was something that most teams just could not handle, especially when you threw in Blacktide running a bumpcav and Sota/Clock on ranged to round out their composition. Volpel leaving their team seemed to have an effect on how they approached Nordtown just recently in week 6, running Rurin as a third ranged-- something new to their lineup on closed maps. Both the early loss to a Balion team that is having a hard time so far and the loss of Volpel takes something away from their team, leading me to give them a close 3rd spot in the rankings. One thing to note about this team is that they are heading into a very easy portion of their schedule making it unlikely that they will drop any spots in the rankings anytime soon.

4. BkS - BkS look to be returning to their former high level of play. Their team, on closed maps, generally did very well on both closed and open maps in KBOOB/NASTe. They don't have the same active players they used to though, missing Peers who was once perhaps the best archer in the community and Fortinbras who was a beast at every position, from archer to cav to inf. They have picked up Fritigern and Joe to help fill those roles -- both are very experienced players and are helping to fill the holes left by the loss of peers/fort. Coming off a convincing win against Balion, they moved up in the rankings.

5. Balion - One of the most experienced teams in the game. Mad's calling and Scott Ray's cav play is the rock their success was built on, when one or both are not on their game they have a very hard time. They have solid players at almost every position, but seem to be slumping right now-- if Angus and Zero made a return to active duty, I'm sure we would see a different Balion. As it is, losing to BkS drops them down to 5th.

6. Wappaw- As many people have observed, we at Wappaw had an easy schedule for the first half of the tourney. What's left of the round robin sees us having only the best teams and bye weeks. I cannot give us higher than a 6th given the quality of the teams above us, and the lack of difficult games we've played so far. With our only loss to Balion in week 2, we sit at 6th for the millionth week in a row.

7. KoA - With a roster that has so many good players, it's surprising to see them so low in the rankings. In the weeks leading up to 6, we saw a KoA that played poorly against higher ranked teams, but did very well against lower ranked teams. In week 6 we saw KoA up against Balion in a very close match that only saw Balion pull away in the final set. With the match that close against a team as good as Balion, I predict wins coming in soon.

8. SF - SF is a clan with a lackluster roster. They don't have much depth at cav -- picking up 357 was good for them, but aside from him they have only Neanderthal and Rallix. They do have some good archers in AngryArcher and Kush. They didn't impress me with their inf play this last match, but that has been a strong point for them in the past. I don't see much hope for them looking at their week 7 matchup against BkS.

9.DoF - DoF showed that they are playing better than Rebels (who I thought would be a mid-tier team with the addition of mok) in week 2, taking a match that few thought they would. I don't think they are at the same level as the higher ranked teams, just based on how one sided those matches have been. Coming off a 2 week bye, they will be up against a tough TMW team. It doesn't look good for DoF.

10. Rebels - They have some good players-- Mok, Courtney, Snoop, and cdjr are all names I've seen on pubs and scrims often. I think they could and should be doing better than what they have done so far, but they haven't shown it.

11. WMT - I expected more out of Eternal's team than a 2nd to last place at this stage. They have good players -- Eternal, Bill, DoYouLikeMe, Fiery, and now Ordyn are all known players. They should be doing better than they have, but are not.

12. GKR - I feel like a broken record -- all the teams near the bottom have players that are capable of playing better than the team's record shows. Guys like LockedOut and Hero of Hiroshima are some of the best there are at what they do, it's just not coming together for the team as a whole so far.

1. West Knights:  With their full roster and some recent additions in both players and team cohesion their sitting at the top, mostly due to their clear win over GA.  The combination of cavalry and ranged won them that match as did learning a few lessons from GA's earlier matches.  Outside of that one match, their schedule has been light and won't hit teams more familiar with their play and historically holding their own against them.  We'll see how this shapes up when later weeks come and go.  It's easy to get to the top, staying their is a whole different animal.

2.  Balion:  Their schedule so far has both tested their ability to get back on their feet as well as whip them into shape.  By facing teams like Wappaw and TMW and pulling out the win but not dominating, they've shown they can still hold their own but need some polishing.  A few roster additions and some players getting their heads back on straight will show Balion not only holding what they've done so far but compounding.  Week 5 vs BKS, a team that greatly shaped them into what they are, will be the litmus test of whether they stay this high in the coming weeks.  If I know their leader, he has no intentions of this slipping.

3. TMW:  Things have been clicking well with TMW and if not for the early loss to Balion, they'd be 2nd.  Dominating their B team WMT and pulling a sound victory over BKS have shown they've put the pieces together to possibly make the final cut.  I forsee wK and GA being the final proving grounds for that.  If they keep it closed and their infantry in play in those matches without wK cav decimating and GA's slow moving flag tactics throwing things off, they'll clear the fence to the finals and take a higher spot in this standing.

4.  GA:  Sound across the board in all classes and overcoming high ping these guys are nothing to shrug at proving they roll with the best NA has.  With wK able to crack the nut and pull out the victory I feel the other teams have seen the chinks in the armor.  That said, they could easily take their ranking higher.  It will be a few weeks when they hit Wappaw before we'll see if they'll be climbing higher on the list here.

5. BKS:  With a tough early schedule BKS has been scrambling trying to adjust to the changes in the NA scene.  Being one of the clans that is credited with turning NA into what it is today, I'm seeing a progressively increase and a return to the remembered BKS of 'ole.  If they could field their best players every match and assimilate some of their recent additions quickly then they'll bounce back faster than anyone expected.  They have experience and desire on their side, now if they can get all the moving parts going in the same direction.

6. Wappaw:  With a good showing against Balion and strong scores in the matches they expected to win, Wappaw is clipping at the heals of the higher teams.  Very skilled players and strong team cohesion keep the spear-wielding machine afloat.  They have the type of players that can pull out wins when they shouldn't be able to and I expect to see them doing that.  I'm expecting a solid test with SF in Week 6 and a true proving ground in Week 7 vs GA to see where they'll go on the rankings.  If they pull the win vs SF and hold their own against GA they'll keep a good standing. 

7. KoA:  Skill yes, putting it all together....yeah kinda.  It's a tough call of why they seem to rollercoaster sometimes because when your facing them and look at their roster you put your gameface on.  It will be a few tweaks in comp or calling that should get them higher on the list.  Their next two weeks will be a testing ground of whether they can do that with both TMW and Balion coming up.  If they can post close scores in those matches we'll see where they go.

8.  Strike Force:  Not being pushed around by Balion with very aggressive play style and strong infantry showing last week they were able to continually steal rounds to bring the score to a respectable level.  Their cavalry in the open showed amazing resilience to a slew of pressure and remained in the fight for extended periods being the fulcrum to their rounds won.  If they can field their best and flesh out solid tactics I can see them being trouble for Wappaw and KoA.  If their too much trouble for them, they'll be heading up a slot.

9. DoF: A team that have working to improve for months now is finally finding success in the when they need it.  At this point I'm considering them a sleeper than can rubble to full throttle if they keep doing what they're doing.  While their loss to 16-0 to GA shows they're not ready to handle the upper tiers of this list, they have the momentum to pull off some respectable scores for the record books if they capitalize on what they've done.  Who knows...an upset or two?

11. Rebels had something to prove in their match with GKR and did.  16-0 is respectable no matter who you face.  The question is whether they keep up the pace.  Hopefully they'll use their success as fuel to fire to keep their hand to the plow.  Rebels went from what seemed like clueless on Open Plains vs DoF to making a respectable showing on Plains vs Wappaw.  It seems that the machine just needed a little time to warm-up and the right players in the right spots.  I forsee them moving up...how far is get to be seen.

11. WMT:  I almost see 9, 10, & 11 interchangable at the drop of a hat and time will show the nature of things.  WMT has been trying to put the pieces together while under heavy pressure which is never a good thing.  New players, tough matches, and starting a team dynamic from scratch is a task hard for anyone to handle.  The one saving grace is a few veteran players and some experiences to build off of.  Whether they use their matches for steps up or down will be a deciding factor on where they go on the list.  I'm looking to the score of this Week 5's match with SF to see how far they've come in the past month and whether they have a leg up on from their current standing.

12. GKR: A few recent roster additions will surely help GKR.  It's tough to say whether that will be enough to overcome the learning curve and adaptation to Battle meta.  They did it once, and if this were the previous GK teams we would be having a different conversation.  Whether they can duplicate their past success is hopeful, but unknown.

13. KM:  Shaky at best, they've managed a few rounds here and there to get something to show but the progress is slow going.  Scheduling issues have complicated the dynamic, so once again we fall back on the progression of time to right the history of this team.

Pre-Week 6
1. TMW - I don't instinctively put TMW in first, but as of week 6 I think we've showed the most consistency. Although we had a rough loss against Balion early on, I think past that TMW
  has shown that they're able to win the rounds that count and when where they need to. Our team cohesion has improved significantly since week 1. Week 6 will tell whether or not
we deserve to keep this spot in PR.

2. GA - GA is a bit odd, on one hand they are an extremely powerful team with power players from every class. They've shown they're more than capable of fighting with ping, but I think GA's biggest problem is consistency. They lose a lot of rounds to clans they really shouldn't, and its yet to be seen whether or not they're slipping or just not giving their 100% I think its the latter, but they may find not winning every round comes back to bite them in the ass. Either way, it still stands that this team has shown they are not to be messed with after their decisive victory against BkS.

3. wK - West Knight finds itself lower on the list simply because their schedule has been easy with the exception of GA, who they did beat. wK is a very well-rounded team with quality cav and archers, and good calling. They have everything it takes to be a 1st place team, the only thing they haven't done (and been able to) is to show us they can beat multiple A teams.

4. Balion - Balion started off strong but has really started to waver midway through the tournament. The question is are they able to rebound after a major loss against BkS. Balion has not showed a lot of consistency after losing good deals of rounds to mid-tier teams. If balion can right its step soon enough, BkS will only have been a minor bump in the road. But if Balion contiunes to waver, they may find themselves at the brink of 5th place. They really need to start winning every round they can to get that round W/L ratio up if they want to stay in 4th.

5. BkS- Every week BkS has improved. The question is, will they be able to improve enough in time? Their two losses against A-teams puts themselves down in the 5th position, but their strong win against Balion shows that they will not have any trouble with mid-tiers. BkS has the strength to steal a 4th spot away from a team, the question right now that remains is will they continue to improve. Every win counts right now, and if BkS loses to wK in the following weeks, BkS may find itself with not enough match wins to make the final 4.

6. Wappaw - Wappaw is a powerful team but they have not showed anything convincing. With a loss against the only A team they've faced, their stomping so far has not proven they deserve a higher spot. Wappaw, however, is certainly in a position to show they are not a B team and deserve to be in the final 4. Until then, they find themselves at the back of the pack in terms of A teams.

7. SF - SF has been improving since their major loss against TMW. This is a team to keep an eye on as they may soon find themselves at the head of the mid-tier pack. This week will be one of their most important matches. If SF can beat wappaw, they will show they deserve a much higher place on this list. They have the roster to improve even more.

8. KoA - KoA is honestly such a wildcard. They have the roster to be a top 6 team, yet they just have not performed. Unfortunately with their 2 bye schedule, KoA has not had a chance to prove themselves. With heavy losses against GA and TMW, their only stomping against GKR just doesn't speak much currently. 8th will not be a permanent position for KoA but something does need to change for them, however, as it clearly isn't working.

9.Rebel - After a decisive loss against DoF, I thought Rebel may have finally dipped into obscurity. They have proven that's not true with a decisive victory  and stealing rounds away from the big clans. If rebel really wants to make a statement they need to beat a few more mid-tear clans like SF and KoA.

10. DoF - DoF started out hot, hotter than anyone would of expected. But after a brutal crushing against GA and the 2 weeks of bye that followed, they have not been able to prove whether or not they've fizzled out. DoF is down but not out. They have showed some consistency in open, but they will need to prove their fire is not gone in the coming weeks.

11. WMT - WMT has been one of the most disappointing teams so far, but when you start to analyze whats going on, it starts to make more sense. WMT does not have a team. Different people show up every week. It is impossible to improve cohesion and teamwork when you find a different guy at your side every week. For WMT to be able to prove anything from this time onward they will need to get a solid team going.

12. GKR - GKR just doesn't really make sense. On paper they are not a bad team, yet something has gone horribly horribly wrong for them. Whether it be lack of focus, strong leadership, or a variety of other ailments , GKR has not given me any reason to believe they will recover. I hope they will impress, but I just don't see it currently.

Pre-Week 7

1st: TMW TMW gets to keep its spot of 1st on my list due to their win against wK. TMW has been showing they can dominate on closed and go blow for blow on open. if TMW can keep that trend they will find themselves staying in this spot. Right now what TMW needs to work on is polishing their game. If TMW is only capable of tieing on open, they may have trouble against clans that are better on open, but also strong closed. However, with TMW having the same people showing up every week, their cohesion will only get better.

2nd: wK After a loss against TMW, its been proven that wK does bleed. While wK will still make it to the finals amost entirely intact, this may be an un-wanted wakeup call to some members of wK that the competition is closer than they may have previously thought. wK is a very well-rounded team, but they need to focus on becoming more dominate on open/mixed and being able to hold their own on closed. No matter how good you are open, it is hard to win if you lose almost all the rounds on closed. This is still a team to watch closely and I don't anticipate them budging from this spot. With their recent performance they find themselves ahead of GA from last week.

3rd: GA - GA came out with an expected strong match this week against GKR. not very impressive, but at least they showed they can have matches against lower tiers without losing a ton of rounds. I still rank GA back a spot now that I've seen more of wK. I see no reason why this team won't make finals. They're still playing strong.

4th: BkS - BkS didn't get to show off much this week with a match against WMT. But they still find themselves higher on the list than last week due to Balion's performance. BkS is not out, expect them on the heels of Balion on the leaderboard very very soon.

5th: Balion - Balion is in a lot of trouble. With a dangerously close match against KoA, something has gone wrong. Either KoA's history of inconsistency proves true again, or Balion has slipped more than thought. If Balion cannot beat wK or GA, they will find themselves with the same amount of losses as BkS but with a much lower ratio. Balion's focus right now must be either getting an unexpected win (wK, GA) or getting nothing but clean wins to jump start that ratio. I'm starting to worry about Balion.

6th: Wappaw - And so enters Wappaw into the gates of hell. After an extremely easy schedule, they have the most difficult 7 weeks left in all of UNAC. Wappaw has shown they can beat mid-tiers, but have not shown the same for A-teams. If Wappaw wants to come out of this intact, they need to have wins against teams such as BkS and GA. This will not be easy for Wappaw, but this is the proving ground for them. They can either fail and remain a solid 6th like most expect, or prove they are not to be discounted. I am extremely interested to see how Wappaw comes out of this.

7th: KoA - KoA's match against Balion was more than surprising. And to be honest I'm not sure if it was KoA doing better, or Balion doing worse. Either way, their performance against Balion brings them up a spot from last week. What KoA needs now is consistency.

8th: SF - This week was the week SF was suppose to prove superior to Wappaw, and unfortunately for them they did not succeed. While SF had respectable scores, I just don't think they're ready to topple Wappaw as the best mid-tier clan. I do not discount SF yet, however, as they still have a lot of time to improve. If SF can beat clans like KoA and Rebel, they'll show they deserve to be at the upper half of this tournament.

9th: Rebel - See Week 6 (Bye)

10th: DoF - See Week 6 (Bye)

11th: WMT - WMT had a somewhat expected outcome vs BkS. Coming out with a respectable 4 rounds against such a good team is good for them however. Most of my suggestions for WMT from week 6 still apply here. until I see more from them, they'll find themselves pretty solidly in my 11th spot.

12th: GKR - No one expected GKR to win against GA. But hopefully they're finding what little traction they can get. Past that see Week 6.

Pre-week 9:

1st: GA- After a devastating victory against Wappaw, GA has shown they're not to be messed with. GA is sitting in great position right now with a fantastic round K/D. Their true test comes Week 10 however when they have to face off against TMW. Until then, GA gets to enjoy this spot as the most formidable team in UNAC. Their closed game has been dramatically improving and with some great recent additions, GA is only looking to get stronger.

2nd: wK- wK gets to keep its 2nd place spot 2 weeks later in my ranking, but finds themselves above TMW now. After decisive victories against Balion and WMT, wK has shown that one loss is not going to throw them off track. wK has been noticeably increasing their melee game in these last few weeks. If wK can go blow for blow in closed maps, they may find themselves ending up in first place in this tournament. However, their schedule is not over yet with a match against BkS coming up later in the tourny. Expect this team to improve further.

3rd: TMW- TMW finds itself two spots back from my last ranking, partially because of its easy matches and partially because of their disappointing performance against Rebel. While Rebel has been improving, such a score is not really acceptable for a team fighting for first. TMW needs to tighten up their closed game if they want to take on GA in week 10. TMW has also had noticeably improvements in their open game as well, however, so with some improvements, TMW is very capable of 1st place. Overall, positions 1-3 may change on the slightest notes.

4th: BkS- While a sizable distance behind 3rd place, BkS is not incapable of getting higher than this position. BkS has continually been improving throughout this tournament and has really pulled the rug out from under Balion. I said in my last PR to expect BkS on the heels of Balion, at this point I say BkS has surpassed them. BkS must be careful not to become too comfortable, however, as Balion is not out just yet. BkS has continued to show a powerful closed and open game. If BkS can beat wK, they will show they are worthy of a position much higher than 4th.

5th: Balion- After a decisive loss against wK, Balion is on life support. Balion is running out of options to get themselves back into 4th place. Their best chance at winning this is defeat GA. Right now every round counts for Balion. The biggest question for me right now is does Balion have the fire left in them to get 4th?

6th: Wappaw- After 2 devastating losses in one day with a combined score of 4-32, Wappaw has expectantly been thrown out of its comfortable position. As Rhade put it, Wappaws honeymoon is over. While all hope is not lost for Wappaw, there really isn't much of a chance left that Wappaw will make final four, especially with TMW and wK to come in their difficult schedule. Wappaw still has a chance to prove their a top-tier clan by placing better than Balion, however, so they still have something to prove. Wappaw really needs to start working on their infantry cohesion, as it seemed to be a primary factor in both of their losses that night.

7th: Rebel-Rebel finds itself higher this week considering its recent progress. With their last 3 matches being respectable losses to GA and TMW and an utter crushing of GKR, Rebel has shown they're not to be completely ignored by even top-tier teams. This team has the ingredients to be the best mid-tier clan, the question right now is do they what it takes to beat SF? I think they do. I think they also have a chance to knock the weakened Balion around a bit. If Rebel were to beat Balion, Rebel will demand my attention, but I"m not sure if they're capable of that just yet. With a more active Nevino and Bohemond as well as Zaffa, Rebel's closed game has increased ten-fold in these last few weeks. Rebel still has a lot of room to improve on open, however. Rebel has moved up 2 places in my PR this week, swapping with KoA.

8th: SF- With a decisive victory against KoA, SF has proven they are not to be forgotten just yet. While a final four position is out of the question, SF needs to fight for where they belong in mid-tier. Right now I'm very interested in how they'll do against Rebel. If SF is capable of beating them, they will have shown they deserve the mid-tier spotlight, not Rebel. While SF has continued to shown their strong inf-ball tactics, they need to continue to improve on their open game. SF has retained their 8th place in my PR.

9th: KoA- After a disappointing forfeit to WMT and a decisive loss against SF. KoA is coming out of this round robin looking bruised and weary. KoA has what it takes to be an awesome mid-tier clan but they have failed on execution. While their cav work can be impressive at times, their poor infantry work and generally mediocre play has left a lot to be desired. With some extremely hard matches coming up, its up in the air right now if KoA will have the fervor left to beat DoF and Rebel in weeks 12 and 13. KoA finds themselves 2 places back from week 7, I do not expect them to move from this position.

10th: DoF- In my last power ranking I asked if DoF had fizzled out after their rather hot start, and unfortunately I think they have. While DoF has some room left to prove something against WMT, SF, and KoA, for now they find themselves near the back of the pack in terms of mid-tiers. DoF really needs to work on their closed game if they want a chance against teams like SF. DoF has retained their 10th place in my PR.

11th: WMT- Not much to say, this team needs to work on cohesion.

12th: GKR-With the last 2 weeks filled with byes, GKR hasn't had a chance to prove anything since my last power ranking.

Pre-week 12:

I feel the need to make a note at the beginning of this week that the difference between the first 4 teams is almost negligible. In all honestly the rankings mean very little as when it comes down to it, any one of these 4 teams has an extremly good chance of winning UNAC.

1st: BkS - BkS gets its moment in the spotlight this week as a first place team.  I congratulate them on their ability to go from 8th place in the early weeks to 4th-3rd in the leaderboards. BkS continues to show its prowess in open and its ability to hold their own on closed. When BkS and wK play its almost always going to be a very close match as both teams perform and play almost identically. With BkS taking their round robin win, it may give them the morale boost needed to tip the scales if they face off in single elim.

2nd: wK - With a close loss to BkS, wK has shown they're capable of performing at high levels of play for long periods of time. wK hasn't really gotten a break much for a long time and some of that fatigue may be starting to show. wK needs to be able to recover and take on single elim at 100% if they want a chance at 1st. As any hesitation or uncertainty will be costly. wK continues to do well on their open game but they really need to bring up their closed game if they want a chance at performing better than TMW/GA on closed.

3rd: GA - With a disturbingly bad loss against Balion, its a wonder what went wrong. Certainly Leroux isn't the one and only key to a GA victory? Either way, GA needs to figure out what they did wrong and plug the hole. Something needs to change for them if they want a chance at that 1st place position. While their closed game has traditionally been good, they contiune to struggle at open with high ping.

4th: TMW - TMW had a pretty rough loss against GA. On one hand we had it a bit tougher as we decided to fight them on NY, on the other hand we just got outplayed. TMW gets 4th this week simply because they lost their match. TMW needs to work on bringing back its cohesion and ability to adapt. While TMW has managed to craft a winning formula against teams like wK and BkS, they will need to be able to adapt to teams like GA who fight very differently from most NA teams. TMW's closed dominance has slipped slightly, but with some extra practice I see TMW tightening that end up again. That added with their continued improvement in open play will make them a formidable team. As a member of the team, I can comment on the fact that many members of TMW are getting fatigued from the length of the tournament. With that said expect us recovered and at full force starting week 13 after our 2 week break.

5th: Balion - While Balion had an amazing and unexpected victory against GA, it was too little too late. With their ratio being too low compared to the other teams, they're almost guaranteed  not to make finals. With that said I bring them into this list to congratulate them on going out with a bang. Many people looked at Balion as a failing old clan, and they proved they still have fight  in them. I look forward to Balion in season 2.

FYI I am not good at ranking :razz:

1. TMW: What stands out to me is their great inf play and archer play,but not so much cav. I agree with Eternal and many others saying that their overall cav isn't the best, it also helps that they haven't lost yet xD

2. wK: By far the most well rounded team in the tournament, with PPK as inf, Cal, Wily, and Gelden as cav, and Lagstro and RobertBruce as archer. They are stacked with talent, they've proven they can just about beat anyone. Other than their loss to TMW their season has been pretty flawless.

3. GA: a star studded roster to say the least. The team itself have proven that they are more than capable of winning even with high pings, they have superb cav with Shema and Peter, inf with Cleric and M, and Archer with LeRoux and probably someone I am forgetting. These pieces make their strategies of crossfires and isolating the other team very deadly.

4. BkS: Easily the most out of practice clan here(not meant as an insult :razz:) anyway I attribute their losses to not playing as much as they used to, but their win against Balion proved they're getting back into it. The whole thing to me is that they are a great unit they can follow orders without question and know what to do before Rhade says it

5. Balion: Great teamwork and calling here plus some great cav and archer play(no not from you Zero xD), but at times some lackluster infantry all around though a very solid well led team that I think will easily rebound vs their loss against BkS, as they have shown with their win vs KoA, but at times I felt like they were off their game.

6. Wappaw: Decent calling and great cav and archer play, although they have a relatively easy schedule we will see how well they do after facing 4 of the top 4 teams in quick succession.

7. KoA: talented roster, but no consistency or great results I don't really know why, they will have a lot to prove in the matches to come to show they are still a contending clan

8. Rebels/SF: both teams are trying to prove themselves and have players on their roster that are key to their success and strategies, such as Nevino, Mok, Athesus for Rebel and Kush, Rallix, and Captain for SF their match vs each other should be an interesting one.

10. DoF: came out very solid, but to me there only real win was against Rebels who granted are ranked above them currently mostly, because of the overall improvement Rebel has made since that match. Overall they have a pretty solid team with Alec and Darin at cav, Will and Gandhi at inf, and Erminas at archer

11. WMT: They are new to playing together, so I say let them play out this season and then we will see how they've improved next tournament, but overall a very solid roster with great calling by Eternal

12. GKR: They need to learn how to play together, plus the only great standouts I see on their roster is really Hero of Hiroshima

1. TMW
With massive trainink and euro reinforcements,
and sötömörs™ -groupfightink theory and Russian melee technikues, sötömörs™ -weapon drÖps, not to mention sötömörs™ -prÖ tactiks
I don't think other teams have that much chances against TMW right now. However, this doesn't mean TMW is unbeatable, especially later in the tournament. If TMW becomes lazy when i'm away for a while, TMW will lose. If they stay str0nk by traininks, they will win the tournament hands down.

2. wK
With their central server, they can easily beat GA as long as the maps are as little tactics based as possible. Meaning Random Plains/Open Plains and then maybe San'di'boush or Port Assault. That means GA will get stomped. Otherwise, they might easily lose to GA, as wK has overall Russian-like tactics. As long as Beer learns how to swing his sword and Letholdus is warming the bench, they will be 2nd. If Beer learns how to swing his sword, and TMW becomes lazy, they might even snatch their spot as 1st.

3. GA
As long as they play on east coast, they will stomp everyone except TMW. As long as they find enough "low-ping" cavalry players for open plains they might even win the whole tournament, but that is not likely to happen due to peter's past dispute with RNGD (leaving out Nubijuki and possibly Sikici), and a few other strong cavalry players not interested in playing with these players or having too high pings to play cav efficiently. However, if M learns how to poke people while mounted they have pretty good chances. Even though biggest threat being USA_Event and wK_Central, I think they are still able to beat the rest of the teams as long as the maps aren't too much against them.

4. Balion
I still believe they can become good, as long as Juve teaches their infantry how to swing their swords. With average cavs like Scott Ray, cavs I consider strong even on EU scale like Mad Dawg, and average archers they will be able to be even stronger than wK. Also if Scott Ray quits playing like Trebron or Goliath, Balion might even win the whole tournament.

5. BkS
They still have to learn how to swing their swords and work on their tactics and teamplay, and as long as they learn these things, they could be a lot higher than 5th. But for now, they are still raging about meta, having been unable to figure out tactics and playstyle for the current standard of NA warband. Once they figure these things out, and learn how to play melee, they might even be able to take the 2nd spot. I heavily doubt they will be able to get good enough to beat TMW during this tournament, though.

6. Wappaw
Pizza.

7. Rebels
Bok. Boh. Enough said.

8. SF
Rallix.

9. WMT
They can beat some guys. But being kind of "leftover TMW" with mainly the less active and new people, they won't really stand a chance against teams that train a lot together. Especially when their stronkest players got transferred to the main team. POLSZA leader will make them top of the weaker teams, though.

10. DoF
Varangian.

11. GK
Without Can they are weak.

Week 9

1. GA
The powerhouse team, a great team of players who put in hours and hours every single week together and it pays off tremendously. They have an enormous roster filled with talent and great callers. It is going to be nigh impossible for them to get knocked off the #1 slot

2. TMW
A strong team, they have a great infantry lineup with good cav and archers and a caller on top of it. As of late they have lost some of their summer rush players and have slowed down a bit. If they get over confident or lazy they'll lose this spot to wK or BkS

3. wK
Still standing strong, but having lost a great archer... Sure they 16-0'd their last game, but can they keep that up into the coming final weeks. They might slip from here if they aren't careful against some of their tough opponents coming up

4. BkS
Former powerhouse team making a big comeback throughout the tournament. I have no doubt BkS will be in the finals and as they play they'll only get better from here on out. Sure they might be an old team with "outdated strats", but if the newer teams get too cocky they'll find BkS isn't a team to be overlooked or passed by so quickly

5. Balion
I see Balion now as the archway to the elite teams. Balion imo is on a fence right now and on one side is a Balion with inactivity and a Balion without Zero and Angus, on the other side is a Balion that plays almost everyday together and has their full roster. Whichever side they decide to fall into will determine how far they go in these rankings

6. SF
Perhaps premature to be placed here, but SF is doing good, sure they are "new" and haven't been around as long as other teams. But they are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with. If they just sharpen themselves and improve the little things they will be well on their way to becoming a great team

7. Wappaw
Wappaw is strong and their skill is a long list, but their teamplay as of late has been less than stellar. I think they have been playing less and maybe slacking off, I believe they can improve and get back on the road to success if they bring everything back together. They have the roster to do it, they just need a team that will play as a team

8. DoF
Doing much better than anyone expected I have been very impressed with DoFs improvement since the start of this tournament. I hope they will continue to impress in the coming weeks

9. KoA
Ahh this clan... I dunno man they have the skill, oh my god do they have the skill. Sometimes this team pulls off great things I've never even seen and other times they do things that not even the worst teams would do. KoA is having serious roster depth issues right now with people not showing up to scrims and "taking a break", they just need more dedicated players that are going to put in the time to play and not give up halfway through. I really hope they can bring this number 9 up by the end of the tournament

10. Rebels
What is there to say? The Rebels have impressed me more and more each time I see them play, yea they are losing to top tier team and some mid tier teams, but they have come a long way and I forsee a good team in the near future. Don't let me down Rebels

11. WMT
A new team, still a lot of work to do here, but I think they can do it and so do others

12. GKR
A bit disappointed with this team, they had some really good players. I am assuming they are going through something similar to KoA and Balion. Hopefully the remaining GKR can pick up the pieces and make something work

Interesting to re-read these Power Rankings and their attendant explanations. Some of these predictions were pretty spot-on, while others were far off the mark.

Meh, makes for good reading on a Monday afternoon.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see these updated more regularly. That being said, I still found this thread, the Team Grades thread, and the Predictions thread pretty engaging reads throughout the season.

So how would you guys rate the clans as of today (12-1-2013) in power ranking as a preview for UNAC 2. What shift in power do you think will occur before the next season?

Back
Top Bottom