[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: A Memory of Light - Game Over! Converted Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Xardob said:
Wolfhead said:
Well, he voted for me just because my name was Wolfhead. I don't have any grievance about it, it's not the vote for me that was the issue, but he stated he didn't joke-vote, yet he voted for me for having a wolf-themed forum name. When he knows the process of choosing the wolves is (somewhat) random and done by the game host. That seems to me like trying to divert attention.
While I'm not seeing why Adaham supects you, and I usually do, I'm pretty sure he isn't voting you because of your name.
Well, that's what he said the reason was.
Adaham said:
vote: Wolfhead

Nomen est omen.
If he is somehow not voting for the reason he stated, I find it even more suspicious.

I'm keeping my vote here.

Also, I'd like to apologize for lurking so much. While I'm aware it's a quite wolfish behaviour, I'm currently having a week of very important tests, so when I do have time to post, I'm so burned out , I don't have the mental capabilities of trying to understand motivations.

Xardob said:
SootShade said:
It's detrimental to you contributing to the hunt. Occasionally giving a vague list of suspects that you don't actively pursue, and rehashing points already made, instead of continuing the discussion on those points, does not bring us anything new.
If you want me to enter long quote wars, forget it, I'm not going to do it. Also, stating who my suspects were at the time is a very innocent thing to do, even if I offered no reasons. This way, I at least let you know my opinion. The deadline is in 24 hours. How many players have posted their lynch targets? Half? Not even that? We're in the dark regarding the lynch, and the wolves don't even need to make an effort to control who is the most likely target.
Yeah, it's quite convenient to be able to call out the village for being even worse, but it really doesn't make your own play any less scummy.

And I'd like a proper explanation on Feragorn and Trevty, really. Because it does seem we have something of a disagreement on just how an innocent would react to pressure.

I want to lynch either Grimm or Xardob, obviously. Wolfhead and perhaps Fishy could do too.

Additional thoughts: While I'd like to say that Hulk is alright because he agrees with me, that's not really how it works, as I don't really have enough of a clue as to what his reasons are behind those votes. You know, aside "well, we need to lynch somebody", which is a handy attitude for a wolf.

Wolfhead, you should probably take a look and notice there's a game going on beside your dispute with Adaham.

Right now, I don't see a single other person agreeing on Adaham being the best target for a lynch, though I imagine a lot of us are really wishing for more of a contribution from him. So, are you going to put your vote somewhere where it matters, or is it more comfortable to sit it on someone who's not in danger of hanging, or apparently even responding?

HULKSMASH said:
Yeah, by now Xardob seems equally if not more suspicious than Grimmend. However, any lynch is better than a no lynch, so I'd rather just get a majority on somebody.
Way to provide the wolves a good excuse to easily bandwagon and practically hand the lynch choice to them.

SootShade said:
Yeah, it's quite convenient to be able to call out the village for being even worse, but it really doesn't make your own play any less scummy.
True. It also doesn't change the fact that making your opinions clear is not wolfish.

Because it does seem we have something of a disagreement on just how an innocent would react to pressure.
And how should an innocent react under pressure? I've seen them panic, ignore, defend, counter attack and probably some other reactions as well. What is the right thing to do?

SootShade said:
You know, aside "well, we need to lynch somebody", which is a handy attitude for a wolf.

Were you referring to me? I was the one who sort of suggested it.

Regardless, I don't think its a wolfish attitude at this point in the game - a no lynch is rarely a good thing for the humans, and since so few people have posted, I'm legitimately worried that we might fail to reach a majority.

At this point, I feel that Xardob's finger pointing and suspicious lists aren't contributing anything of substance to the game. He's analyzing posts out of context and he's refusing to back up his assertions with solid reasoning. His repeated attempts to dodge all of our questions by claiming that he doesn't have time to explain himself if bad news. All of this screams "wolf" to me. However, even if Xardob isn't a wolf, this type of hunting distracts from the real hunt.

Unvote: Grimmend
Vote: Xardob

Unvote

Bull**** all-around. Promises in-depth post on "top suspects" after spreading crappy suspicions among three players that aren't suspicious. Never makes in-depth post. Doesn't help, wastes village's time. Throws away entire case on Grimmend without at all justifying himself. Not even remotely innocent.

@Xardob

Being so averse to actually expanding on those opinions is wolfish, though.

And personally, I don't necessarily feel that the course of action is the most important thing. Rather more important is the motivation behind those actions, which is obviously a little harder to discover. For example, I do believe that the damning thing both in your and Grimmend's case is the fact that you try to avoid having to tackling the accusations head on simply because you can't.

Unvote, Vote: Xardob

@Soot: Is it a dispute if neither is active enough to debate on it? :lol: Still, you've got a point. Especially since I've been re-reading Xardob's posts since he's receiving so much attention, and all it does strike me as though he is making an effort to create chaos by pointing fingers all around rather than actually hunt. I might be wrong, since I'm a noob, and I'll be accused of all kinds of bandwagoning, I'm sure. But since the choice now seems to be between Grimmend or Xardob, even though I think both are suspicious, I'll go with the most disruptive.

Unvote: Adaham

Vote Count

Adaham 0-
Xardob 7- HULKSMASH, Trevty, Moose!, Eternal, Sootshade, Wolfhead, Feragorn
FrisianDude 0-
SootShade 0-
Shatari 1- Xardob
Magorian Aximand    0-
Wolfhead 2- Adaham, Grimmend
HULKSMASH 0-
Feragorn 0-
Nipplemelter 0-
Trevty 0-
Grimmend 0-
Moose0-
Eternal 0-
TheFlyingFishy 0-
Eктωρ 0-
No Lynch 1- Eктωρ

Not voting: Magorian, TheFlyingFishy, Nipplemelter, FrisianDude, Shatari.

It takes 9 to lynch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Wow, that was a flurry. I'm glad though.
Just two more, we can do it.
SootShade said:
While I'd like to say that Hulk is alright because he agrees with me, that's not really how it works, as I don't really have enough of a clue as to what his reasons are behind those votes. You know, aside "well, we need to lynch somebody", which is a handy attitude for a wolf.
Which vote do you want me to explain upon? Just now voting for Xardob or the original vote for Grimmend?

Fishy did in fact unvote a couple of pages back, even though I didn't realize it either.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Unvote: Xardob

I still think Shatari is a bit suspicious. He seems almost too active, like a wolf who is eager to prove that he isn't. As far as I can see, innocents don't have a reason to post as often as he does unless they are being accused or if they have a really good reason to suspect someone. Everything else just feels like an attempt to make themselves seem like a super dedicated wolf hunter, even if they are just the opposite.

My reason for my lack of posts is that i'm really unsure of what i'm doing and nervous about making a mistake. After reading the thread a bit I think i'm starting to get it, and as a result my posts should increase in frequency and length.

Also, yeah, the bandwagon's rolling along nicely. But really, right now I don't think we can say whose votes are really 'honest'.

And I'd like a proper explanation on Feragorn and Trevty, really.
First Trevty, then.

Let's start with his entrance:

Because he's played these a bunch and therefore scares me.
He's the first to actually vote someone with a game related reason. And it's a very interesting reason, he was scared. This could very well indicate his worry for survival. Even more interesting is that he later voted Eternal for a reason completely unrelated to the game. Flip-flopping between serious and joke posts is a wolfish sign.

If you're thinking of me, it's just because I've been busy these past few days, and I don't really know what to say.  I think the joke voting is a little silly and largely useless at this point in the game and I'm just ready to move ahead with playing. :razz:
We also have this. Saying that all the discussion going on is useless without actually giving a reason for it and suggesting a course of action to the village without actually following through with it.

Then we have what I called the perfect wolf post:
There's too much bandwagoning right now.  Everyone's dividing everyone else up into groups of two or three that they find suspicious.  Honestly, I think it's the ones that are so quick to point fingers that are the most suspicious of all.  Moose!, Eternal, and Troll being the main examples of this at the moment.  They seem to be really quick to agree with one another and try to lay the blame at the feet others for making awkward introductory posts.  Most of those awkward posts were also made by new people to the game, and are thus understandably unsure how to begin the game.  Personally, I think that the three of them are just trying to find some easy people to blame who can't defend themselves until after they've been lynched.
Forget the content. The wording alone is enough to pin him down as a wolf. The most important thing to note here is how he judges the entire village, avoiding giving specific names.

For you, I was mostly thinking of your posts towards Grimmend.  You've just been hounding him for quite a while now, and it seems almost unnatural.  He hasn't posted a ton and you just keep using him as an example of wolfish-ness.  While I would agree that what he's posted was more than a little weird, it's hardly as if you can really pull that much out of what he's said.  I have to agree with his last posts, there's not much more you can pull out of him until there's been stuff to actually ask about.
Here Trevty does the same thing I did, disregard the case against Grimm. The difference is that I think Grimm is innocent, Trevty is attacking the investigation itself, saying it's useless.

There's more, but I don't have the energy to keep doing this.

And Hulk, I'd like some on both, but perhaps more importantly opinions on other players. I don't see anything outright wrong with your votes, even if there's not a wall of text accompanying them, but it's hard to form an opinion on them alone.

And well, Xardob, thanks for trying anyways, at this stage, whatever your role. :razz:

SootShade said:
Also, yeah, the bandwagon's rolling along nicely. But really, right now I don't think we can say whose votes are really 'honest'.
See, that's the most harmful thing that can happen to the village.

Also, you're all going to be very surprised with the result.  :lol:

SootShade said:
And well, Xardob, thanks for trying anyways, at this stage, whatever your role. :razz:
I really don't mind being lynched. I'm not in this game to win. I just wished Face, Mag and Adaham had posted more so I could get a better idea of their roles.

We're one vote away from the lynch and I'd like to get in some conversation before we call it quits for the day. I'll vote later tonight if nobody else does.

Xardob said:
Shatari said:
@Xardob: A couple of people, myself included, have presented arguments on why we think Grimmend is a wolf. Since he's apparently not got the time to post, could you at least point out the places where you think we're off? If there's a gap in our logic, I'd just as soon know about it in advance.
I've looked at his posts again and I've found nothing that would justify a lynch. He's being honest about hunting Wolfhead, and is doing it better than half of the village.
Now this is just lazy, and I'm not surprised at all that you're going to get lynched here. I'm not convinced you're a wolf, but you're definitely not working in the interests of the town by making zero effort to sell any viewpoints.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Oh, good. At least we'll have something to analyze.

Back
Top Bottom