[WNL2] Map Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On mountain fortress the defenders could easily hold the gate, they could also get outside and hold the area below the wall down to the ruin nearer their spawn as well, so no matter which side the attackers tried to push in, the defenders would have great positions for engaging and holding two flags. The distances were also too far to do a split and could not mutually support each other and holding the castle area also gave you the bridge for attacking onto the flag near the attackers spawn too.

Yes it technically had 5 entrances, but the tiny side entrance near the gate hardly got you anywhere except leaving you open for sudden pushes and the ladder, side gate and back gate entrances didn't even come into it because the defenders could get out there first. The only time I saw anyone do a semi-effective split was orp i think when they put an archer on a saddle horse and moved them to the side ladder, even then it was more effective because they got early kills on us, otherwise its terribly vulnerable to an all in push on the rest of the force once again.

Basically it comes down to two sides of the map to attack on and they are too far apart to safely split without the risk of being heavily punished for it.

Shemaforash said:
Maynd said:
IMO we should include Arena on the next WNL. Cant get more basic then that.

this is why we can't take you serious

we? are you like a PR representing everyone else?

Plus its Friday, no one cares!

34934072.jpg

Removed Maps
Village
Port Assault
Nord Town
Snowy Village
Ruined Fort
Mhm okay... I am very happy that I ended play Warband so. Without Port Assault and Nord Town matches in Warband will... ****.

New Maps
Fort of Honour
Shariz Village
Verloren
Mountain Fortress
Dry Valley
Port Azur
Khudan Outskirts
Castle Ruins
Every of these map, especially Dry Valley is bad in my opinion. I did not see Khudan Outskirts but I think that it is also bad map like the other new maps. I dont know perhaps reason of my dislike for new maps is fact that I played about 3 years with old maps (Nord Town, PA, Ruins). From old maps in my opinion better remove Field by the River than Port Assault and Nord Town.
Okay, only Verloren is good. Shariz Village could also add. But only these 2 maps. Nothing more !

Furthermore, in my opinion tournaments in Warband were very good when we used old maps created by TaleWorlds not random players. Okay, in my opinion amateur maps are very good during game on IG_Battlegrounds etc. but not in tournaments. Sandi, Vendetta were good maps yet after this "success" (people have supported this) players begun create new maps like ants XD It was very bad in my opinion during this WNL that we must play 1 old map and 1 from pack of new maps which are simply like ****. Sorry for creators but it is my opinino about these maps. I believe that in Bannerlord we will not do the same mistake and we`ll play on old maps and add only 3-4 new for variety of fun. :wink:

Regards, Mr "In my opinion" :razz:

Kamillo said:
Furthermore, in my opinion tournaments in Warband were very good when we used old maps created by TaleWorlds not random players.

As long as taleworlds did nothing for us, the community had the great idea to create new maps and you should thank that if we are still playing tournaments. People were bored as **** to play the same after years, don't you think so?

Removed Maps
Village As everyone knows, its my favourite map.I dont agree with people who think this map is unbalanced.I think its quite easy the conquer with fantastic tactics.
Port Assault I think its unbalanced even with new road.
Nord Town I think 2 flags which near 1st base and the one in graveyard should be changed.
Snowy Village Dont even talk about it, such a **** map.
Ruined Fort Same as Snowy Village.

New Maps
Fort of Honour This map is cool but i guess the flag near 2nd base under wall should be changed.Its quite unbalanced.
Shariz Village I like this map with all those flags.
Verloren I like this one too, i think its balanced.
Mountain Fortress This is the one i liked most in new maps.
Dry Valley It couldn't be Warband map, maybe Call of Duty.
Port Azur I dont know where flags spawn, i played it on IG_BG, dont know whether its balanced or not.
Khudan Outskirts NO
Castle Ruins I guess this map can't be playful in competitive scene.

Removed map:

Village I think it's well replaced by Shariz Village
Port Assault I like the map, but i think it's not balanced enough to be played in a league.
Nord Town Do not miss me at all. I think it has nothing to do in any match format.
Snowy Village Erk.

New maps:

Fort of Honour I like it. It has good tactical potential and pretty good looking.
Shariz Village Like Deacon said. I think there should be another way that could be use to go from the stabbles to the middle flag (which could link the defenders spawn to the stabbles) to make the map more balance. Nevertheless, i really liked playing the map.
Verloren I enjoyed playing it. It's a map that do not look likes any other in terms of dynamic. Good for the diversity of maps.
Dry Valley I really disliked this one.
Port Azur I would have loved to play the map. Good looking and seems to have a really nice potential in term of tactic. However, i havn't played it so i can't say much..
Khudan Outskirts Good map to me. We should keep it even if it's not a very cav friendly map for an open one. I think it must be consider has a very open map that favour shooting instead of cavalery.
Castle Ruins Havn't played it and i don't really have an opinion on the map. Only that there is a lack of landmarks in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom