Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What up sons

Removed Maps
Village I did miss village, but I do realize the map was a bit imba
Port Assault Glad it's out, bad map
Nord Town Hmmm, too campy, didn't like for WNL
Snowy Village Actually a bit sad this is gone, one of the few really open native maps
Ruined Fort YAY ITS GONE

New Maps
Fort of Honour Yeah, totally yeah, great map
Shariz Village I felt by times it was a bit too closed....
Verloren By far the hardest map, I have a love/hate relationship, but it's a nice addition
Mountain Fortress Hmmm... No... Don't know why, just don't like it
Dry Valley I quite liked it, could use some changes, but all in all it has a ****load of promise
Port Azur Haven't played don't know
Khudan Outskirts Yeah, enjoyable and hard
Castle Ruins Haven't played don't know

Regarding Shariz Village, I am aware of the difficulties it represents to the attackers but this map wasn't made to be easy. Although  I will look into it and release another version soon.

sotamursu123 said:
Shariz Village - ****. There's simply not enough ways to attack the village. It's like san'di'boush where opponent spawns in graveyard and has all flags in there, and you always had to attack from one entrance only.

Well, just because you got but raped by CoR doesn't mean this map is ****. Plus lets not talk about your **** maps, compared to mine everything you ever done resembles a turd. You got but raped both defending and attacking. I've watched the stream and CoR didn't had any issues to go inside the Village and kill 90% of your team in 10 seconds.
Don't blame the map, blame your team or the commander of your team for the fiasco.

Maynd said:
Regarding Shariz Village, I am aware of the difficulties it represents to the attackers but this map wasn't made to be easy. Although  I will look into it and release another version soon.

sotamursu123 said:
Shariz Village - ****. There's simply not enough ways to attack the village. It's like san'di'boush where opponent spawns in graveyard and has all flags in there, and you always had to attack from one entrance only.

Well, just because you got but raped by CoR doesn't mean this map is ****. Plus lets not talk about your **** maps, compared to mine everything you ever done resembles a turd. You got but raped both defending and attacking. I've watched the stream and CoR didn't had any issues to go inside the Village and kill 90% of your team in 10 seconds.
Don't blame the map, blame your team or the commander of your team for the fiasco.
A measured response...

ThunderonCZ said:
I did some big changes to make Mountain fortress closed map and I also moved spawn of attackers closer to fort.
Screens:
hig1.jpg

E7E556C135DFE15A1B46A678D919211F9D575460

4D157B769846C7F32CE8C90EFD5B8783D8E13DAC

CCA26E89D61CB268D22741517B95D6F5AB7BDD11

7C2F7A041C9B86E2108B211719505F036411CE75

B1B6691EE7881B7B0F785D3FD953A7E8973BF550
Download:
http://ulozto.net/xSiKaXW4/scn-multi-scene-custom-14-sco

If you have any feedbacks or ideas write it to me or here. I have now lot of time so I can work really fast  :grin:
And now it can take its true title as a closed map! Looks good to me. A lot more interesting too. Hopefully it will encourage more of the weird and interesting parts of your map to see some use. I felt like it played out fairly uninterestingly this season, despite having a decent amount of character.

Maynd said:

sotamursu123 said:

It's true that FIN was **** in this map, mainly because FIN's only advantage over most strong teams were archers...  :lol:

I have played this map with FIN vs CoR, Calaquendi, AE, DRZ, WH and i think a few others i forgot.
Also I have played in this map for SRC and BrC.

Here's all the different tactics i saw: Rush in from ladder. Camp main gate and pray for flag to be there. Camp back door and pray for flag to be there. Fake going to the backdoor and go back for ladder instead, only for your fake move to be seen by a glitching defender sticking his head into a wall. And finally, splitting up. Split was pretty much always bad and punished by the defender.

In this map as attacker, it's all about "are your guys good enough to go in and kill all enemies at disadvantage or get lucky with flag". As others have already said, you simply can't gain control over more than one flag as attacker, which kind of brings it up to luck if the teams are equal in skill. Kind of similar to Port Assault which was removed.

In village you can pretty easily gain control over at two flags as attacker, as there are a lot of ways to attack.

I think the main problem with Shariz Village are these:

- All places where you can attack from are so far away from each other splitting up is pretty much a bad idea. (less options on attacking)
- You can scout too easily by glitching as defender. (put something to block that off pls)
- The center area is too easy to defend.

as already mentioned:
Lord Rich said:
It needs a fair amount of work anyway though in terms of adding options for teams.

Captain Lust said:
ThunderonCZ said:
I did some big changes to make Mountain fortress closed map and I also moved spawn of attackers closer to fort.
Screens:
hig1.jpg

E7E556C135DFE15A1B46A678D919211F9D575460

4D157B769846C7F32CE8C90EFD5B8783D8E13DAC

CCA26E89D61CB268D22741517B95D6F5AB7BDD11

7C2F7A041C9B86E2108B211719505F036411CE75

B1B6691EE7881B7B0F785D3FD953A7E8973BF550
Download:
http://ulozto.net/xSiKaXW4/scn-multi-scene-custom-14-sco

If you have any feedbacks or ideas write it to me or here. I have now lot of time so I can work really fast  :grin:
And now it can take its true title as a closed map! Looks good to me. A lot more interesting too. Hopefully it will encourage more of the weird and interesting parts of your map to see some use. I felt like it played out fairly uninterestingly this season, despite having a decent amount of character.

Please use this map instead of Port Azur in closed :grin:

I agree with shema. it's quite bad way to defend your map maynd "you dont like it cuz ur bad". Like sota i dont like it either, and yeah we lost in it twice, doesn't matter for me tho. Village was much better in my opinion, and believe me, ive been buttraped in village much more times than in your map

Nice change on your map Thunderon it's better and definitely closed now :razz:
And good thinking for counter the Glitch

Shemaforash said:
Here's my breakdown as a player

Port Azur - Not played, surprised this got accepted(have a look at the map, it's bad and looks like the kind of thing I would put together when creating props at random). I would like this to get replaced by Nord town because Nord town actually never had any problems.
Shemaforash said:
Please use this map instead of Port Azur in closed :grin:

Why do you hate my map without playing one time in match ?And yet want to replace it with any other closed map.

About Maynd,I can understand why he is hurt.
Make a map request a lot of time,and of course, not everyone likes the same things,but define a map by "****" would hurt any mappeur.

In Polish cup, organizer used something other, they put really big banners to walls, and anny wallhacks doesn`t work.

Fort of Honour - I liked it,simple but efficient. Would like to keep this

Shariz Village - Thought this map was nice aswell. An improved version of village. I much prefered attacking to defending this map,might be personal preference,but I had more options when attacking.

Verloren - Probably my favorite map when it comes to the new maps,reall liked it.

Mountain Fortress - Not really a fan, but would learn to accept it.

Dry valley - Much too open for my taste, did not like playing this map very much.

Port Azur - Really liked this one aswell. More balanced than Port Assault was and more options.

Khudan Outskirts - Not personally played it on Battle, but Stubs did a good job on this map from what I`ve seen on TDM.

Castle ruins - I really hated this map when we played it. Its hard to do any real tactic without any proper reference points on the map, and ended up pretty much with "ok go to that arch looking thing,no not that one,this one, oh **** it go windmill ruins"

Captain Lust said:
Vivar said:
You can just give banners 100% transparency
An idea might be to do something like put shields or horse props in buildings. At least then wall hackers would be messing up their game with invisible horses and shields.

Wouldn't removing banners mean you can't see banners on teammates?

Removed maps:

Don't mind seeing any of them go.

New maps:

Fort of Honour - Best map out of the bunch. A real keeper, and offers some nice tense play.

Shariz Village - Needs a bit more work. Another gate, a laddder, or shuffle the flag spawns about. Could use a bit more vertical play that isn't centered around the tower, but spread out throughout the map. It's a functional map in it's current form, however.

Verloren - Rat Market, nice solid map. Middle tower is still a bit too great of a location to sit though. 

Mountain Fortress - Absolute ****. Way more options are needed for the attacking team.

Dry valley - I think there needs to be just a small amount of light cover in-between points. Other than that, good map.

Mountain Fortress (at least the version we played in wnl) is a nice map actually. Its well balanced aswell (imo).
Attackers can easily get in even tho they dont have to because of the two flags outside. I would even say
attackers have the advantage at this map. (Might change in the updated version)

RoBo_CoP said:
Mountain Fortress - Absolute ****. Way more options are needed for the attacking team.
There was 4 entrances to the fort + 1 ladder and also good positions outside I dont know how many options do you want. Maybe more creative captain in team? I was really suprised when I saw teams doing one tactic camping main gate and ignore flag positions.

Just ignore reviews that start with lack of respect for someone else's effort to make good things for the community. That's what I normally do.
People tend to dislike maps that are hard and not easy to adapt to.
IMO we should include Arena on the next WNL. Cant get more basic then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom