Main Topic

What feature do you mostly want to add?

• Religions Improvements: pray, spendable Piety Points, branches, deeper immersion

Votes: 90 19.8%
  • Offices: town/guild/kingdom council, vote for tax level/more profit, war/peace

Votes: 235 51.6%
  • Revised Traits: more traits, buy/train traits, gain upon actions

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Vaegir titles are now:

Code:
Baron	        Votchinnik
Viscount	Putniy Boyar
Earl	        Boyarin
Marquess	Udelniy Kniaz
Duke	        Kniaz
Grand Duke	Grand Kniaz
Archduke	High Kniaz

Mr. Gloom said:
I don't mean to be dickish, but just in the interest of realism: kingdoms didn't usually have Grand Dukes or Archdukes. You see, Archduke and Grand Duke are higher in the nobility ranking than Prince, and since the King's son, who was given the title of Prince, was considered the second highest ranking member of the nobility it didn't make sense to have someone with a higher title than his.

There were Archdukes and Grand Dukes in medieval Europe but they only either existed in empires (like the German and Russian empires), where they usually were the Emperor's children and closest relatives (like Grand Duchess Anastasia) or they were the heads of their own independent states.

Also, instead of Baron, you could have the lowest noble title be just Sir/Dame, as it historically was.
Historically there was only one Archduke after the Middle Ages, the one of Austria. Grand Dukes and Archdukes are actually sovereign titles. But here in Warband they are honorary titles given to persons with great power and prestige. It's hard to become Archduke and no AI lord will have such a great honour.

Quintillius said:
Vaegir titles are now:

Code:
Baron	        Votchinnik
Viscount	Putniy Boyar
Earl	        Boyarin
Marquess	Udelniy Kniaz
Duke	        Kniaz
Grand Duke	Grand Kniaz
Archduke	High Kniaz

I apologize. But Udelniy Kniaz still just above Kniaz. as owns a large lot of (fief), actually the head of an independent state. Therefore, it should be higher ...alternatively suggest this division about showing the titles of Russian lands in the years 1400-1520:
1) Baron - Dvoryanin (Votchinnik)
2) Viscount - Putniy Boyarin
3) Earl - Boyarin
4) Marquess - Sluzhiliy Knyaz. Sluzhiliy Knyaz (Service princes) was former feudal lords, who after joining their destinies to the Moscow State lost its independence. However, they retained ownership of the land. But as the area was principalities, usually great service princes were the largest landowners. Service princes held senior positions in the army and were at war with his own entourage. Later they merged with the top of the boyars.
5) Duke - Knyaz
6) Grand Duke - Udelniy Knyaz (feudal lords)
7) Archduke - Velikiy Knyaz

These data refer to the post-Petrine times (1700-1917 g):

Grand Duke - son, brother , grandson and great-grandson in 1797-1886 and also the great-grandson of the emperor in the male generation. Titled " Your Imperial Highness ."

Prince of Imperial blood - the great-grandson and great-grandson of the emperor ( until 1797 and after 1886) had the right to the title of " Your Highness "

His Serene Highness Prince - title complained at the behest of the emperor , his younger sons also had great-grandchildren of the emperor and their descendants in the male line . Titled " Your Highness ";

illustrious Prince - "natural" Prince , who had a right to the title as a descendant of the great princes or specific.

Thank you a lot! This really helps me  :eek:.

The Nordic Kingdom
As you all know Christianity had taken root in Denmark and Norway in the 11th century. Even in native Warband the Vikings shouldn't be powerful as they are, since we are in the 13th century.

My mod is set in 1423, 200 years later. So what happened with the Nordic Kingdom? You may tell me  :smile:.

Yes... not a barbarian kingdom, but also not followers of that false-God-Christ. Maybe modern armies with some vestigies of their barbarian past. Hmm... they could use horses, spears and all but also use their classic round shields  :smile:

How are Rhodoks gonna look? Are you going with a venetian style or maybe more of a Swiss edge?
Rhodoks are merchants and spearmen, so either would work. Perhaps if they were Swiss then Rhodok mercs would be fairly common and of a good quality.
If they were Venetian/Italian then the Crossbow thing could be played up, while the Swiss theme could have excellent spears.
Or perhaps a combo? If not too overpowered?

We need Holy Places for crusaders which are currently not ingame  :razz:. Perhaps in future.

Sir_Newton said:
How are Rhodoks gonna look? Are you going with a venetian style or maybe more of a Swiss edge?
Rhodoks are merchants and spearmen, so either would work. Perhaps if they were Swiss then Rhodok mercs would be fairly common and of a good quality.
If they were Venetian/Italian then the Crossbow thing could be played up, while the Swiss theme could have excellent spears.
Rhodoks will have an Italian/South-German look.

Sir_Newton said:

I always found Rhodokos, in Native, the most original factions.

Rhodoks to me have always been in Native a mixture of
Medieval Venice(Pavise Shields&Merchants)
Celts(Wear green and live in the highlands)
Ancient Greeks(Note how the name Rhodes is similiar to Rhodokos, plus they fight with spears like hoplites).

The other native factions were always placeholder of 1 real world faction, Rhodokos is no, the original mixture of 3 different cultures.
They are, in native:
Swadia->HRE
Nords->Vikings
Vaegir->Rus
Khergit->Mongol
Sarranid->Arabic
Rhodok->(Mentioned Above)

But for me, they should be(regarding to the period of your mod):
Swadia->France with the German HRE and just a little a little Late Roman Empire
Nords->A viking-ish version of the Union of Kalmar(Kalmarunionen)
Vaegir->Rus&Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, with just a little 10th-11th Century Viking(like in the 1.011 where they wore Viking Helmets)
Khergit->Mongols mixed with Ottomans and elements from Japanese
Sarranid->Akbar-Era Mughal with elements from Alexander-Era Persians
Rhodok->Same as above, but from Medieval Era Venice to Conquistador-Era Spain with the Celts and Greeks

Finally someone with excellent suggestions.

Swadia->France with the German HRE and just a little a little Late Roman Empire
Swadia ingame will look like France and England did in past.

Nords->A viking-ish version of the Union of Kalmar(Kalmarunionen)
That's an interesting one, Union of Kalmar... hmm... sort of Rise of the United Vikings.

Very good. I will keep these suggestions in mind.

Throneroom of Swadia

"Time to be shaked, shivering and surprised, gentlemen! I present you: the Throneroom of Swadia."

xr95.png

6xaa.png

y33i.png

xp72.png

scew.png

50zb.png

ptu4.png

vea3.png

y29p.png

kqos.png

mmj4.png

New Banner
Do you want to help A New Era? In return for all my work, you can help me by putting this banner in your signature.

Code:
Code:
[center][url=/index.php?topic=281485.new#new][IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8554/3lum.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Back
Top Bottom