BRYTENWALDA 1.41 release!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Many thanks to Hunterwolf for the brilliant translation in Russian! Not everything is perfect, but it's a good job. Thank you from the heart.

Hi...
I have a problem: I have Warband on Steam and when I go to my steamapps warband modules folder (the one you said to copy the patch into) I can't find Brytenwalda... It's not there. Should I just copy the patch into the modules folder and hope for the best? There's no Brytenwalda mod folder in the mods folder. Byrtenwalda works and runs beautifully (I love this mod), but it's simply not there...
Also: there's some evidence of Brytenwalda's presence: in the "ScenObj" folder there's a "Brytenwalda readme" file.
Where should I copy the patch?

Thanks for any help.

I DID extract it to that folder. In fact, copied and pasted it from the Installation Instructions page...
When I go to said modules folder, Brytenwalda, that is, the Mod I EXTRACTED TO SAID FOLDER isn't there...
I was just asking if I should copy and paste the patch into that folder even if Brytenwalda isn't among the "modules" folders (these are the folders in said modules folder that are labelled "Napoleonic Wars," "crpg,""North and South," etc. I was expecting to find one labelled "Brytenwalda" but it's not there...
Any suggestions. Once again, the mod RUNS perfectly and I EXTRACTED IT TO THE RIGHT FOLDER (unless there was a typo) but I can't actually find the files...

Make a search on your hard drive for brytenwalda, you should find where you actually extracted it.

So I've used 1.4 before, in fact played this mod a lot in the past.  I installed 1.4 again today, then the patch, and I am having a really weird issue.  I get this start up screen with a list of errors.  Interestingly enough it references the game_variables.txt file, and I can't even find that file in my Byrtenwalda folder!  I have that file in all my other modules folders however.  I tried deleting the install, and installing again. I even re-downloaded the mod again, and reinstalled again, and tried the patch and all that jazz and still no luck.  I am not sure what's going on here.  I played this mod extensively in older versions and never had any issue like this.
nf6xuHB.jpg

Ok so I took the game_variables.txt file from another mod and it seems works fine, but I am not a modder and have no clue if that is going to screw up my game at some point.  Did someone forget to put that file in the latest upload?  I downloaded it twice that way.

cascinova said:
Ok so I took the game_variables.txt file from another mod and it seems works fine, but I am not a modder and have no clue if that is going to screw up my game at some point.  Did someone forget to put that file in the latest upload?  I downloaded it twice that way.

You lost something in your warband instalation?

You think I need to reinstall warband? I could try that I suppose.  I mean the missing file was in the Brytenwalda module folder not the main Warband folder.  I also did a google search for brytenwalda and the game_variables.txt and found other people had the issue as well on the nexus forums. But perhaps it is a vanilla issue, anyway I got it working like I said, it seems fine since I just copied that file from another mod.

Someone, please take a look at your Brytenwalda pages at modb; people are having a lot of problems there, and there doesn't seem to be any support.

Anyone has problem with lair texture? I built one and it appears with black texture except for the roofs. I read about reports on this but so far haven't found any proper solution. Please help.
Thank you.

I fixed that for myself a while back, yeah. IIRC try to find what texture the forts use and put that in there for the lair and you'll have it properly textured.

Hey, this mod looks great, but is there anywhere I can just download the files as a zip or rar instead of using the installer?

Back
Top Bottom