[Under new Management] The Sons of Ragnarr (VÍKINGAR/NA) "A Casual Clan"

Users who are viewing this thread

ragnarr.png
2j69ro5.jpgf
We are now on Steam!

Ragnarr the Worldseeker, son of Björnvarni, was a most fierce warrior. He dared venture to lands unknown; Ragnarr was born in the month of August, the year 989A.D. Ragnarr was born to the great Hirðmann Björnvarni the Dragonhearted and the shield-maiden Eir the Huntress. Björnvarni and Eir grew up together, learned together, fought together and against each other, and for each other. During the battle of Falkenheim (945A.D./Rusmeniy vs. Norðmenn), a battle that bards sung songs of for many generations, Björnvarni was paired with Eir to the center of the shield wall. The two formed the vanguard of the wall. They stood outside of their brothers and sisters and during the charge of the Druzhenik, Björnvarni and Eir successfully held the vanguard and vanquished one-hundred and thirty-three Rusmeniy Druzhenik. The Druzhenik broke, and the shield wall advanced to slaughter those who fell behind the rest. Of the four-hundred and sixty-two Druzhenik that charged, no more than one-hundred managed to escaped with their lives. Björnvarni and Eir stood the vanguard of the Norðmenn shield wall for three days. It wasn't until ten years later, at the siege of Szloboda (955A.D./Rus-Urkanskiy Alliance vs. Norðmenn) that Björnvarni and Eir would be awarded the honors of Thegn in service to their Jarl, Hroskir Bear-Mauled.

Following their appointments to Thegn, Björnvarni and Eir fell in love. The two most honored and revered warriors of the Falklands would give birth to their son, Ragnar, who later would become known as Ragnarr the Worldseeker. Eir was unfortunate to not survive the birth of son Ragnarr, however it is said that her spirit was granted unto Ragnarr, which is why he had the intuition of a shield-maiden, the heart of a warrior, and passion to seek out new lands. Before Ragnarr's first expedition, he gathered a band of his closest friends, and their closest friends. They called themselves "Worldseekers," which would soon be an entitlement of Ragnarr himself. On their first expedition (1014A.D.), they traveled southwest, into the Norman lands. They plundered, pillaged, and destroyed many villages in search of wealth. They returned to their homelands and presented their findings to the now Jarl Olaf. Their plunders were confiscated, and Ragnarr and his men decided to part ways.

Ragnarr reassembled his small army of warriors, shipwrights, hunters, and nomads two years later, including Ragnarr's wife Siggi. During their second expedition (1016A.D.), it would be that many of the men would meet their end, including Ragnarr. They ventured southeast to far away lands only rumored of. Lands of strange people dressed in the hides of foxes, bears, and other wild beasts. The forty-six men, Ragnarr, and Siggi would turn only into twenty-three very changed men, and Siggi. With the loss of Ragnarr to reasons unknown (it is rumored he died of wounds after a battle with the strange people from the southeast), Bjornolfr gathered the remaining men, and they decided to name their band "The sons of Ragnarr" in honor of their fallen fore-father, Ragnarr the Worldseeker. Siggi bore a son of Ragnarr, who she named Ragnarr, as her commemoration to her late husband. Ragnarr the Worldseeker's body was given to the Gods late 1017A.D. Young Ragnarr would grow up to be just like his Father, exploring new worlds, massing great wealth. He took over "The Sons of Ragnarr," and changed the name of the group of now men and women to "The Sons of the Worldseeker." The son, Ragnarr, vanished later in his life, and with him, the story of Ragnarr the Worldseeker ends.

Joining is Easy!
The clan timeframe is during the leadership under Bjornolfr. There is no need for an application process, you just have to say, "I'd like to join." With that said, if you wish to depict a male character, you must use the following name example: (Suggested source for proper names, thanks to Dansk viking)

MaleVikingName_Ragnarsson (Use this link for Male names, if needed: http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/Viking/viknams3.html#MALE)

... And, a female character, you must use the following name example:

FemaleVikingName_Ragnarsdóttir (Use the link for Female names, if needed: http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/Viking/viknams3.html#FEMALE)

Brothers and Sisters

qUl1DGV.png

Our banner...

Brother, Loftr_Ragnarsson (lokoout | Steam)
Brother, Sighvatr_Ragnarsson (DarthTaco | Steam)
Brother, Brokkr_Ragnarsson (Ser Brock | Steam)
Brother, Finnr_Ragnarson (nurgle01099 | Steam)
Brother, Gretter_Ragnarsson (Joity |Steam)
Brother, Eirikr_Ragnarsson (Nakamura95 | Steam)
Brother, Diarf_Ragnarsson (Earl_Lemon | Steam)
Brother, Ansgar_Ragnarsson (ThegnAnsgar | Steam)
Brother, Sigvaldi_Ragnarsson (Mr. Wonder | Steam)
herdmann2.png

Hirðmann Björnvarni the Dragonhearted,
Father of Ragnarr the Worldseeker

Total Kinsmen:

9 Brothers, 0 Sisters

Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280909.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vLrOqev.jpg[/IMG][/url][/center]

There are no politics, no trolling, just a group of people who want to have fun.
"First to Fight, First to Die, First to Valhalla... For Ragnarr!"

Clan Nights

The schedule for the when we will play will be given here after it is organized

Our new Banner has been Chosen! made by Finnr the banner and all that goes with it will hopefully be ready for the next patch.

On another note I've got something I have been meaning to tell you. Please try and get on the official server more, our presence is too small and our clan seems to be dieing , i've only even meet half of you in game and none of you seem to respond to anything on the steam group. I would not mind this so much but none of you even responded to the message on the steam group where I asked for your input on the banner. messages like these are there for a reason and I suspect that this is one of the reasons why kpetschulat left as the leader of the clan; to few of you seem to care. I know its just a clan on a mod for a game and it is not important but please try and show up, or at least let us know you are still part of this group. I say this now as over the next three weeks as I will be on vacation and will most likely be unable to play. In order to keep our clan alive there needs to be more presence on the server from members besides me. I also wish for you to know I get that this is a casual clan and some of you may have joined simply to be signed up for events, thats perfectly fine, but when none of you respond to the messages on steam where you are asked whether you want to be signed up or not, it does not help at all. (Finnr I know you already said you could not attend): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thesonsofragnarr#announcements/detail/1586674963446404522

To sum up this rant please let me know if you are still apart of this clan, and please try and give a presence of our clan of the community server, not responding or ignoring posts is not how a group like this works, it makes it frustrating for the person organizing everything and makes it seem like this whole thing is pointless (which i get it kind of is as it is just made up for a mod)

One last thing i will say, if you do read this and are part of the clan and now wish to leave please let me know, thank you.

Sorry I've been away so long and haven't been on recently. I will try to be on more often but my schedule makes it so I can be on more in
the winter and spring than summer and fall. I hope to see you all around soon!

Ok there is a historical event coming on the 8th of december, I need anyone here who wants to play as a clan to give me their name in the thread, i will try and be there even though i have two exams the next day but either way please let me know if you want to participate this is presumably why most people joined a clan so let me know, i can't sign you up if you don't let me know either say so either here or on steam. I am putting this here as well as on steam as I have no idea if any of you even check the steam group either way please let me know.

Link to Forum post:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290867.0.html

Good evening,

Any chance the sons of Ragnarr will persist? It is likely that we're going to clean the clan sub-forum soon. I found this nice banner on your former thread, and we might be adding clan banners into Víkingr again in the form of a client side patch or the like.

DkUl5I0.png

It was apparently made by Finnr. I think it is rather nice, and might put it in the game if I may, no matter if you want it as a clan banner or not.

Back
Top Bottom