Dashie

Recruit
So I have this ****ty computer...
-------------------------------------------------

Intel Core i5 2320 / 3.00 GHZ

Amd Radeon Hd 7670 ((4095mb))< Damn does this **** SUCK

8GB DDR3

1Tb Hard drive

Would I be fine with just a better graphics card?

You graphics card is indeed a tad poo. The confusing thing is, my card is a HD 6870, which is a lower number than yours, but yet... Better... In my opinion higher numbers should be better. I'm simple like that.

Havoc said:
You graphics card is indeed a tab poo. The confusing thing is, my card is a HD 6870, which is a lower number than yours, but yet... Better... In my opinion higher numbers should be better. I'm simple like that.

I agree, I got confused over that too.

Mind suggestion a Graphics card that'd make me able to play all games in Ultra?

Nvidia cards would probably get you further than AMD cards, I hear the 560 is a pretty good one. Was going to get it myself for christmas, but no money, and then for my birthday, but no money. And so on.

Dashie said:
Havoc said:
You graphics card is indeed a tab poo. The confusing thing is, my card is a HD 6870, which is a lower number than yours, but yet... Better... In my opinion higher numbers should be better. I'm simple like that.

Depends on the game. :razz:

Basically, my card can run Metro Last Light on highest settings, no issue at all. So something on par to that would get you through.

Epicrules said:
Nvidia cards would probably get you further than AMD cards, I hear the 560 is a pretty good one. Was going to get it myself for christmas, but no money, and then for my birthday, but no money. And so on.

Maybe I should go get a job....

Havoc said:
Dashie said:
Havoc said:

Depends on the game. :razz:

Basically, my card can run Metro Last Light on highest settings, no issue at all. So something on par to that would get you through.

I'm talking Battlefield 3/Crysis 2 / Battlefield 4 , I'M TALKING BIIIIG.

P.S: Metro Last Light.. Oh my god.. That game was so freaking awesome! 100000/10!

Havoc said:
Crysis 2 is **** and no one should play it.

I don't, I was mainly referring to the graphics.

Edit:

I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section.

Sorry.

Dashie said:
So I have this ****ty computer...
-------------------------------------------------

Intel Core i5 2320 / 3.00 GHZ

Amd Radeon Hd 7670 ((4095mb))< Damn does this **** SUCK

8GB DDR3
That's more or less the setup I just upgraded TO

... :cry:

Epicrules said:

Lol.

Only except for the fact that both of the new consoles will be using AMD and a large number of new games will also be using AMD.

Get whichever card is better at the time, don't be a dumb fanboy.

The 560 won't play anything on ultra since it is a low-mid range card and about 2 generations old to boot (560<660<760). Nvidia probably has a slight edge now since they just released a new series of cards but once AMD releases there it might be a different story.

Havoc said:
You graphics card is indeed a tad poo. The confusing thing is, my card is a HD 6870, which is a lower number than yours, but yet... Better... In my opinion higher numbers should be better. I'm simple like that.

The first number only represent the generation of the card, it's the numbers after that that count. But you should never really base your purchase off the numbers in the model of the card.

Havoc said:

On Ati cards, the second digit is usually the most important digit.

If it's at least 8, the card is better than average.

So if we were to generalize (which may be inaccurate) I guess that a 4850 would be faster than 7670 (if such a card exists), but it would have fewer and older features.  The third digit should be at least 5 and second digit 8, if you are buying that card for gaming.

I guess that a card that's at least 150$ (like an 6850) should get you started with above average gaming.

Trevty said:
Your computer is fine.  You could get some more RAM or a new GPU, if you really want to, but you don't need to at all.

._.

8gb ram is enough. xD

GPU/Graphics card needs to get changed tho

Splintert said:
My 6850 runs everything beautifully.

Yeah I had one of those in my PC too. The best card for the money you pay. But Crysis was problematic at 1680-1050. Or Highest detail was problematic on Metro 2033. AA was also problematic on high end games. Until I tucked in an XFX 7970 Black dd.

Considering those are some of the most intensive games on the market, it's excusable. You don't buy a midrange card to run top tier settings. It still runs those games on more than acceptable settings.

GTX 770 is an excellent graphics card if you really want to go flat out on your gpu. (Or if you have an insanely huge amount of money buy a GTX Titan) you will however need a (decent) 600w psu power supply. I would personally recommend a seasonic.

Well personally, on my new PC for GPU upgrade, I am going for a Radeon 7970. Most games seem to be better optimized for AMD cards now... Plus if you buy a 7000 series card, you get 3 free games  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom