Weekly 2d art competition archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, if you were trying, posting WIPs and asking for advice you'd be winning much more than the first placed competitor.

I understand we all have time constraints, I'm not forcing you to anything, but you better do something or else I'm going to blow up a Deich near you, mark my words.

Added the background and finished all the base stuff, now tothings like fine shading adjustments and metal reflections.

I'll pass the coloring in this one, at least until the submission, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Some tips for making backgrounds:

1) The farthest the piece of land is from the viewpoint, the more it will blend with the atmosphere, so horizon mountain colors and values will be more approximate to the sky than of its original terrain;
2) Defocusing (blur) is a cheap and easy way to achieve depth;
3) In daylight situations, generally the farther object from the viewpoint will have lighter values than a close one;
4) The difference in values from foreground/background and how rapidly the fading happens will determine how thick the atmosphere will look.

So, here it goes:

13900800382_8430222ffd_b.jpg

What people fear:

1) The saddle is too impractical. Should be higher to facilitate a comfortable and safe ride.
2) The large reptile is obviously blind and hasn't got a clue where its going.
3) It is too foggy anyway.
4) Is he... or whatever it is a mounted infantryman? That spear is too short for it to be effective!
5) The small reptile cannot be domesticated says rulebook #1043 of the Dwagons, Dwakes and Flying Pests.

2), 3), 5): :lol:

1- Nothing can be too practical about riding an Alosaurus;
4 & 5 - She's (dunno what to do to make it apparent) a Dinomancer, the spear was meant to be a staff. She owns dino's minds, that's why there's no reins anywhere  :smile:

Eggs cuses!

Great pic, by the way.

To make her look more feminine? Use standard technology - minus all clothes; add huge sheep bladder and swine fat implants (like back in ye olde tymes) and make it look like she's having a pleasant toilet.

I am currently working on my own picture. I'll upload a scheme, but not WIP - too lazy tooooooo lady to rest i am truley sorey for your lots

UPDATE ---

poopham_by_ryanryzzo-d7ez50o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom