Sub Rosa

Users who are viewing this thread

TORN9000

Knight
Sub Rosa is a game i stumbled upon and I tried to play it.
But unfortunatly not many people play it.

It's a F2P FPS where your goal is to obtain a disk and earn money.

A game of heists, negotiation, and chaos
Sub Rosa is a 3D FPS  where you use diplomacy and guns to get your objective. Set in an alternate laissez-faire 1980's city, you join one of three corporations with one goal: making money. Lead your team through tense deals, double-crosses, and car chases while you make your way up the corporate ladder.

Make deals, burn bridges, and create mayhem.

Official site

Sub Rosa community website

I saw some videos on this on youtube, and from what I saw I really liked. Though I think it mostly depends on whether you have a talkative team or not.

To expand on what the game is about:

There are three sides, two of these sides will be set goals like acquire a, b, or c. The opposite team will likewise have related goals. These goals are mutually inclusive, if both sides cooperate fully, both will be rewarded. But the goals are not just limited to simple trading, one of the goals might be to acquire something that either the opposing trading team has or the third team has, and acquiring it will a massively bigger reward for the next round.
To top this all off, no one knows which team has what other than the team they're a part of.
It's like the prisoner's dilemma. If the first two teams work together they will both be rewarded. But betraying one will almost guarantee that your team will win, likewise, you know that the opposing team knows this as well. Both teams attempting to kill each other doesn't really result in probably success for either one though.
To top it all of is the mysterious third team, aka the kill team. They have no goals, or rather their goals are everything. It is their job to get what the first and second team have in their possession. Their reward will be based entirely on how much stuff they can accumulate. So while the first and second team usually tries to do a trade-off, the third team will be seeking the place where they're trying to do it and ambush the meeting.
It's kinda like werewolf, except FPS gangster style. With voice chat built in, and the sound of voices being heard relative to the distance the two characters are, it brings a whole new layer of fun into the mix. But again, it depends on who is playing with you.

Some notable videos I've come across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjyEeekaqQc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ApkzZJ3edMM#t=96s Some dudes run into a road blockade of cars, chaos ensues.

Interesting concept and 'theme' for it, kinda like the idea of those loose gangs cruising around and the voice implementation to give that sort of 'hey should we shoot?' situations. Looks like it still needs a lot, but very interesting concepts going on there.

About a year ago this had about 30 people playing constantly but it's pretty dead now. I initially thought it was a strange clone of Black Shades.

Black-Shades_2.jpg
3.jpg
yLpIj.jpg
blackshadessc.png
Black-Shades_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom