(Project) "Knock, Knock" - Enterable houses for PW Mod (New update 22.04.2014)

Users who are viewing this thread

Introduction:

Hi, folks! Since I got the hang on basic modelling I have thought about making a project for PW Mod. So, let's see the problem: Didin't you always think that teleporting 10 meters under the ground is somewhat, well, not so immersive? Fine! Then I wanna show you the "Knock, Knock" project, which aims to make enterable houses for you guys (and me). :razz:

Candy:

You Tube - Part 1.
You Tube - Part 2.
You Tube - Part 3.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M7qiQpNZEY&feature=youtu.be]You Tube - Part 4.

Feel free to comment. :smile:

See my other works:
- Conquest Map;
- The Land of Change Map;
- The Islands of Fortune Map (outdated).
Enjoy my cringy map names.
My contributions:
- Revival of the first ever PW map: Oceania;
- Overhauls for the RCC version of Valley of Swamps.

Well...

while it would be awesome to remove the loading screen doors with this lovely add on, what is the other side of the door?(price we pay for it)

What happens to fps, stability, map size and such?

Almost nothing, besides putting one line in scene_props.txt. The main part is modeling the existing houses. Those are of course alternatives, so the sceners can choose between the enterable and non-enterable ones. :smile:

Hm, this could really add to the scenes in long terms. Door Camping is one of the most annoying exploits.
Any plans to do castles soon? :oops:

Hmm.

Very interesting.

So these are models that need to be imported in, so this is effectively a new version of PW?

The Bowman said:
Almost nothing, besides putting one line in scene_props.txt. The main part is modeling the existing houses. Those are of course alternatives, so the sceners can choose between the enterable and non-enterable ones. :smile:
Alright, looks great, good job indeed!

When I made the ferry mesh, Vornne proposed me to make interiors too, so when I'll have enough interiors, I can send them to Vornne through PM, so he can introduce them in the next version of PW.

Knulpell: What about castles?

Well I was spontanously thinking of the interiors of the keeps, mainly, which you often have to pass to reach the flag. Yards, walls and towers are open space anyway.

This is a noob question; how is this different from the NZ interiors, for instance?

This is something I thought about doing (or at least trying to do) years ago before PW 4 was released, but decided it was not a good use of my time (not being an experienced modeller). As Bowman said, enterable house meshes using the Warband textures is a requested subject: so as long as they don't require too much fixing and polishing (unlikely), and are given to be released under the same conditions as the rest of PW, they can be included in the main release.

Looking good :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom