[UNAC] Maps & Weekly Map Pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.X said:
Mad Dawg said:
Dense

Edit:  Not sure exactly how many matches you guys have called on these maps.  Just speaking from experience here.

Not exactly sure how many matches you've won on these maps. :/

ALSO one persons opinion doesn't end all conversation. Get over yourself.
Dry Valley : 5-0
Solace : 7-2 I think
Field : Come on...who knows...

Opinions don't mean jack when they're backed by...opinions.  Not looking for a parade, just give a guy some credit.

I don't agree with Mad, but he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Warband.. X, maybe you need to be the one getting over yourself.

I think that you should look at how a map is being played, not how it could be played. Solace isn't a good map because we did well, we're just at a higher level than Wappaw. Competitive maps should allow a platform for players to engage on a relatively level playing field, not "hey, this is clearly the best spawn, but it's ok because you get to play it after you play the ****ty spawn."

Solace has 1/3 flags spawning directly under the feet of a spawn that is a veritable fortress with low ground all around it and a moat. That's not balanced unless the other side has a chance for a flag to pop in their spawn, too, with a fortress to defend as well. I'm not saying all maps have to be symmetrical, but that's a gigantic disadvantage. Not to mention that you can cover small wooden bridge from the strong spawn on Solace and have immediate access to 2/3 flag spawns, you know as well as I do that in competitive play you look for map control and to cover 2/3 spawns and you're golden. On Solace, to do that, all you have to do is spawn and move right about 15 feet. That's not acceptable.

It's just kidna annoying the amount of times guys like Mad Dawg and Rhade assume they know everything because they used to be good, and they refuse to listen to anyone else.

I really like to think it really doesn't matter how many times you've called on a map, it doesn't invalidate other peoples opinions. Kherven also knows a lot about this game, I see no reason for his input not to be valid because he hasn't called the map as many times as you.

I respect Mad's opinion, as well as Rhade's, but I think we can all agree that bias plays a lot of in what maps people think are good. A perfect example is Solace for Mad Dawg. I know Mad loves that map, he himself describes it as a "Great competitive map." How come every other person I talk to describes it as "boring" and "passable at best." ? How you see a map has a lot to do with how you lead, how your team plays, and other biases (map maker being in your clan). Of course there are some maps that are so bad that bias doesn't really play in (Haranaer) but its hard to be completely neutral especially when certain teams are better at certain maps.

I do not like Dry Valley. It is the opposite of what TMW is good at. But I recognize its potential to be an ok competitive map with some smart editing. If we allow our biases to come in too much, and we refuse to accept maps we don't like, we end up with UNAC season 1 with a rather pathetic map pool. If we want season 2 to have 7 maps per category like initially spun, we have to be capable of seeing what maps are good, or can be good with some editing.

So while I respect Mad's opinion, I do challenge him to be more open-minded.

Kherven said:
So while I respect Mad's opinion, I do challenge him to be more open-minded.
tumblr_lw7qn58NxG1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Mr.X said:
It's just kidna annoying the amount of times guys like Mad Dawg and Rhade assume they know everything because they used to be good, and they refuse to listen to anyone else.

I really like to think it really doesn't matter how many times you've called on a map, it doesn't invalidate other peoples opinions. Kherven also knows a lot about this game, I see no reason for his input not to be valid because he hasn't called the map as many times as you.

Used to be?

Getting pretty tired of this blatant and unwarranted disrespect. You seem to constantly be making personal attacks against people and initiating **** measuring contests, this is easily the second or third time you're firing personal shots. You'd be hard pressed to find a better leader / caller than Mad, and saying I "used" to be good while coming back cold turkey after BkS plays virtually zero Warband for six months and turning us around in UNAC where everyone's supposed to be "so much better" and we're supposed to be "so far behind" the meta makes you not only look like a disrespectful little *****, but also pretty incorrect.

It's pretty simple: if you're successful at a high level in something, be it a video game, a business, a profession, or any pursuit, and you display the ability to do well at the upper levels for a long time, clearly you know what the **** you're talking about because if you didn't, you wouldn't be. Get that **** waving **** out of here if you don't have any actual analytical objective contributions the discussion you little twat.

Mad isn't dismissing Kherven's input. He's disagreeing and conversing and making reasonable points, and Kherven, in return, is making reasonable points.

Speaking about solace, It's probably one of the only maps in which I shoot people the most directly from spawn to spawn with a high success rate. I know its possible on a lot maps to shoot people from spawn to spawn, but you shouldn't have to spawn in and get headshot right off your horse within the first 5 seconds of the match

I believe it would be better to make any future maps have spawns not to be able to be seen by the other team, like valoren etc

^ That... and Solace seems to be very badly optimized as well. There is a very strange lag/delay I get whenever I play on Solace (or any of Roman's maps really, similar to the over prop'd GK maps) And I know I am not the only one. I have already been told by other wK members that they have been experiencing the same thing whenever they play on maps like Solace, Liberty, Rock Port, etc. (Of course, Solace is the only real issue right now since it's the only one that is in.)

But yea, besides having competitive game-play flaws, it also seems to have optimization flaws that can damage the outcome of a match as well. I would like to see it removed because of that.

The masters basically ignore 1/3rd (maybe even 2/5th) of the map. It could use some master rework and maybe some better prop placement. Oh and I had dropped to ~20 FPS consistently while casting/streaming that map. It was a horrible experience for me. I stay at my capped limit when I play Taleworlds maps and the ENL maps.

I dislike Solace, but it is a salvageable map. Like others have said, the master flags are the main weakness of the map (aside from the low FPS but I don't have that issue). They hands-down favour the hill spawn versus the town spawn. Having one spawn being more defensible than another doesn't break the cohesion of the map per se, but the natural counterbalance to such design would be to then have master spawns that have the potential to draw the defenders out of their castle and into an actual fight. That's just not the case. There are huge swaths of rich real estate on the map that go unexploited. If it was tweaked, it has the potential to reach "meh" status for me. Not great, not terrible.

Also X, shut the **** up with the personal attacks already or I'll be forced to tickle your larynx with the tip of my **** some more.

John7 said:
Speaking about solace, It's probably one of the only maps in which I shoot people the most directly from spawn to spawn with a high success rate. I know its possible on a lot maps to shoot people from spawn to spawn, but you shouldn't have to spawn in and get headshot right off your horse within the first 5 seconds of the match

I believe it would be better to make any future maps have spawns not to be able to be seen by the other team, like valoren etc

Not sure what you're talking about John, and frankly - I don't think you do either. There are a number of Native maps that allow for instant archer action. So yeah.....come back when you know something?

-

I'm happy to adjust the MOTF flags, though.

-

Regarding low FPS - Your name is Lagstro, probably for a reason. If I where in the FBI, that'd be clue. Get off the laptop and stop playing in edit mode. ProTip NA. :smile:

Ouch, well it's possibly the competitive map that is easiest to shoot from spawn to spawn. I wasn't insulting the map only looking at it for what it is and it just needs something edited around the hill so that you can't just shoot as soon as you spawn and reliably get hits on the enemy. It's not near as bad as forest hideout or something. Just needs tweaking, nothing more. I would suggest raising the hill or adding a tree or 2 in the spawn

Balion-Romans said:
Regarding low FPS - Your name is Lagstro, probably for a reason. If I where in the FBI, that'd be clue. Get off the laptop and stop playing in edit mode. ProTip NA. :smile:
I can play every competitive map with stable 135 fps, solace has certain areas that drop me to 20. There's a problem, probably similar to the spinning wheel prop on the old version of frosty battle that caused fps drops if you touched it.

If that's fixed it could be fit for purpose despite how badly thought out certain parts of it are.

[M] said:
I can play every competitive map with stable 135 fps, solace has certain areas that drop me to 20. There's a problem, probably similar to the spinning wheel prop on the old version of frosty battle that caused fps drops if you touched it.

Same thing I have been saying for months now. Except that for us that "old" version of frosty battle is still the present version.  :mad:

valent69 said:
Could someone remove THE STOOL SPINNING WHEEL from frosty battle please. I think it's self explanatory why it shouldn't be there.

Balion-Romans said:

I don't think I have ever turned edit mode on in the first place. And yes I have a laptop... but it runs every other map in this tournament just fine. The only one I have a problem with is Solace. I'm not going to say that it's a _____ map, but I will say that I can never enjoy playing on it because I always get strange FPS drops in random spots (and there are many of them), and simply doesn't allow me (and other players as you can see) to perform on it as good as we could on other maps. Which IMO, defeats the purpose of a 'competitive map'.

I would tell you what parts of the map cause these problems, but I honestly don't know. Just like I can't explain why the spinning stool on frosty battle completely obliterates FPS, I can't explain things like this. All I can really do is say that there is a problem there. :neutral:

John, I'll ask my agents of change to investigate the spawn issue.

-

M,  don't know what to tell ya, kiddo. Everyone I know runs it at 120-250fps. However, "solace has certain areas that drop me to 20", really cuts to the heart of the problem with laser-like precision. Thank you for the feedback, no matter how poorly thought out it may be.

-

Lag, on the forums you present as an actual human, mostly - But in game, every time I have contact with you, you're a giant d*ck. Act right in game and maybe I'll listen to what you have to say outside.

Balion-Romans said:
M,  don't know what to tell ya, kiddo. Everyone I know runs it at 120-250fps. However, "solace has certain areas that drop me to 20", really cuts to the heart of the problem with laser-like precision. Thank you for the feedback, no matter how poorly thought out it may be.
I'm at work taking care of far vaguer bug reports than that. Despite how mad you are about nothing, I'll try to help you once I'm home.

Back
Top Bottom