Serious Occult Meddling Discussion (formerly Yard1's Serious Occult Meddling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally I wish there wasn't so much drama in the modding community.

Isn't modding all about having fun, doing something you love and giving the gift of enjoyment to other people?

Mitchell Wright said:
Personally I wish there wasn't so much drama in the modding community.

Isn't modding all about having fun, doing something you love and giving the gift of enjoyment to other people?

No, its about how much blood you can draw from your enemies who don't exist.

Ok just for the sake of appearance and because im a good researcher aaaaand ofc thanks to mitchy matt for giving a hint where the thing can be found...

I found the link of that "forbidden edition" aaaaaand since im a good occult meddler who thinks sharing = caring for the community the link of the thing is in a spoiler of one of ze spoilers below... so only the desperate occult meddlers will even consider to venture forth to get a hold of it and check that out.

Beware! Forbidden Occult meddlers Territory! Error 404!
Trespassers will be shot at with Numenorean crossbows
I tested the other version out, so far what really stands out is the working ENB, cant really tell about the 22% and big ass armies, seem like vanilla, but maybe they build up.
Other than that, i am comparing right now the items, maybe i port my fixes into it too from vanilla... graphically speaking it feels like an upgrade and whats more interesting is the stability, seems to be well made. Still hilarious heresy to put that up on the interwebs...
thou have been warned!

Lets not be posting things that the moderators took down for a reason. -MM

Do not post it.

He went behind our backs, without permission, took credit for the entirety of the module he "remade." If he wasn't a lying piece of garbage and talked to us before he posted it, then we probably wouldn't of had a problem.

Why on earth would you post a link that I removed for a reason? I don't get it.

woah didnt knew of the stuggle behind it... i merely thought would be fun to share for other occult meddlers, but oh well... At least i got myself a copy of it X D...

and yes, not cooperating with the initial creators is kinda a **** move.

sorry for putting the link up, I had only the best occult meddler interest in mind :wink:

P.s.: He may be a **** and an arrogant ass to make such bold claims, but i suggest after reviewing his stuff, that it should be only right and fair to use his content into the main PoP and enrich the vanilla game by it, like it should be intended. But thats my opinion and all the coders claims and rights are for me just a bunch of mumbo jumbo since im russian and pirate anything anyway, similar to putin pirating the ukraine :wink:

4chan said:
- Cinematic Compilation 3.0, Realistic Colors 2.2, EnB and other graphical tweaks smashed in.
- Multiple ladders in siege battles
- 20% more arrows and bolts
- Baggage trains have 500 food instead of 250.
- Lord armies are 22% bigger (or maybe more, get ready to get rekt)
- Unique Armies, Bandits and Mercenaries are 30% bigger
- Removed "thrusting" from most 2h swords, now they just slash because AI just can't at greatsword thrusting
- Sergeants of every Knighthood Order had their proficiencies upped by 100 to be closer to their Knight counterpart and are actually an upgrade for your top-tier infantry now instead of a downgrade.
- Ravenstern early survival help: their top units now they have weaker melee offense (infantry has sword+shield instead of axes/2H, archers no longer have 2H/shield) but better armor.
This helps Ravenstern hold more during early game, UNLESS Sarleon attacks them aggressively from the east.
- Tournament frequency raised: 5 tourneys are active at a time instead of 3.
- More income per fief so you can assign more of them instead of hoarding like Ragnar, thus have more lord siege battles going on.
- +5 relation with lord if you let him go after battle
- Cheat Menu to finish item upgrades on your CKO instantly if you don't want to deal with being time-gated for months.
- Slightly decreased building improvement time.
As you can see, most of the tweaks qualify as 'self-indulgent fluff' that may well not work for someone. Everyone has a different idea about game balance and how the game "should be" according to their own experiences and impressions. I had given him benefit of doubt, thinking it'd fix obvious, tangible flaws, but apparently it was from yet another guy who tries to conceal the fact that he puts his own wants and opinions above others without giving enough thought to it with pompous and overblown language.

PS. Yes, mods do live off of a bit of "healthy" self-indulgence, but we're talking about a submod that claims to "improve" PoP without doing much of the sort while PoP has largely focused on offering something different from Native.

PPS. I'm not against people "cheating" by tweaking and modding their game. If you ask me how to speed up the training or equipment of your CKO for example, I'll gladly show it in a PM. Publicly giving stuff away when there are plenty of people who wouldn't want it anywhere near them is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom