Serious Occult Meddling Discussion (formerly Yard1's Serious Occult Meddling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Something unusual said:
wookdaddy said:
It's weird he argues with Leslie since she's from Barclay as well.
wat

Yes, leslie is a foreigner that came with her brother to Pendor to trade and got pwned. They quarrel due to lifestyles, soldiers versus merchsnts, hard life versus easy life in the mind of Donny

I don't want to cheat but I don't feel like waiting 150+ days to get doomguide leather:/. Is there anyway to decrease the upgrade time without reverting to an older version or starting a new game?

felixng2011 said:
I don't want to cheat but I don't feel like waiting 150+ days to get doomguide leather:/. Is there anyway to decrease the upgrade time without reverting to an older version or starting a new game?

There is a way to do that by changing a number in scripts.txt but the OP erased all the instructions and I don't remember how to do it.  You might find it reading through this thread.  You can also do it for individual items by raising their abundance with Morgh's Tools.  Or no, that would require a new game I think.

I applied the lancer fix/bodyguard thing and noticed that lords are now always wearing their armour indoors instead of their clothes. Anyone has the same issue? Any workarounds?

So hey, tincy-wincy grave digging here, but it seems OP decided to replace any and information with "Meh". Anyone else have an idea or at least a point in the right direction?

Dusk Voyager said:
Check your inbox.

PS. There's some good effort put in, but IMO most of it is just unbalanced, self-indulgent fluff not a lot of people will like.

I too would love to see what he did in the scripts, its a shame its not available anymore.... Doing changes in scripts would give me more opportunities, also changing townnames and lordnames would be something i would quite find interesting :3

Elensil the Numenorean said:
I too would love to see what he did in the scripts, its a shame its not available anymore.... Doing changes in scripts would give me more opportunities, also changing townnames and lordnames would be something i would quite find interesting :3

Same, I managed to smash in most of the good minimods but I still need a good Lancer Fix solution.

Dusk Voyager said:
Guys, just open it on Wayback Machine.

Ooooh he spoke about a decompiler.... If i can get my hands on that thing i would be so happy ^^

"One decompiler to rule them all one decompiler to find them, on decompiler to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

Ooooh he spoke about a decompiler.... If i can get my hands on that thing i would be so happy ^^

"One decompiler to rule them all one decompiler to find them, on decompiler to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

Of course it can be decompiled... I don't understand modders closing sources to make others unable to use their mods when they use other people's mods themselves in their mod, while, ironically, the mods with the most changes are all open source.
Then again, the only thing you would get from Pendor from decompiling is the Knighthood Order code, which isn't that big of a deal honestly in comparison to what other mods do.
Reminds me of Apple vs Microsoft's source management policies, no wonders Windows has a ton more stuff for it than Mac. Closed source just yells "I'm an unique special snowflake and my turd is perfection I won't let you use it", meh.

Greatness comes from collaboration, not from entitlement.

all i can say is that while the mod is great and all, its a shame one cannot alter the porgress they made to go even beoynd that and add more content to it like new factions etc etc. they OS TLD why not OS this since theres no development going on anyway? Let other people use the technology they achieved to give this game even more immersion, even if only on personal behalf.

also if one looks at how the items were added, in PoP half of them lack the corresponding scabbards etc, Atm i am changing the appearance of the "broken" swords to have proper scabbards etc. since i have finished making LOTR noldor and my Numenorean and Numenor-Silvermist orders work perfectly...

I can understand why SD doesn't want to make it OS, after all,t he whole project began with the death of a friend, according to the origin story, so especially for SD, i can understand not wanting letting anyone have access to it and tarnishing that memory.

all i can say is that while the mod is great and all, its a shame one cannot alter the porgress they made to go even beoynd that and add more content to it like new factions etc etc. they OS TLD why not OS this since theres no development going on anyway? Let other people use the technology they achieved to give this game even more immersion, even if only on personal behalf.

also if one looks at how the items were added, in PoP half of them lack the corresponding scabbards etc, Atm i am changing the appearance of the "broken" swords to have proper scabbards etc. since i have finished making LOTR noldor and my Numenorean and Numenor-Silvermist orders work perfectly...

It's not their mod... It's Saxondragons. If they have the skills to add factions and more content ETC, ETC, they can download Floris as a base or regular native Warband and start there. PoP is not their "foundation" for starting a new mod.

TLD is not Prophesy of Pendor, different developers/modders are associated with this mod. Your point in saying TLD is OS and Pendor should follow suit is naive and unrelated, in ever which-way.

Development is happening, at a slow pace. I will not, nor ever hurry up for you or anyone. I got my own things going on in RL and other devs do too. The % of time put into this fluctuates way to much. That's why I make absolutely no indication of a release date.

"Let other people use the technology they achieved to give this game even more immersion, even if only on personal behalf."

What does this even mean. What did these "other people" achieve? What technology? Nothing? Also, give the game more immersion...well I mean it's one of the biggest lore-fleshed mods out there..so I don't see how anyone who isn't dev-associated could simply build their own lore and call it "official lore" without SD's approval and the agreement of collaborated devs.

"also if one looks at how the items were added, in PoP half of them lack the corresponding scabbards etc, Atm i am changing the appearance of the "broken" swords to have proper scabbards etc. since i have finished making LOTR noldor and my Numenorean and Numenor-Silvermist orders work perfectly..."

A solid majority of items are from the ported version of M&B PoP. So many things are old and not aligned properly, this is what we are fully aware of. Just going in and replacing item's randomly without much thought and caring can result in a completely huge change that ruins the already made concepts that the game gives. Eg.) I replace the Silvermist helmet with spiked horns of +20 Butt Scratching. It completely ruins the original look of the Silvermists. Taking time to replace things slowly, carefully, and make them lore friendly are #1 variables I am taking to make sure Pendor assets are better refurbished.

So, yeah, not you or anyone is allowed to have Pendor SC. That's SD's choice and I'm sure he would say the same for now. Long time down the road in the future? Maybe? I have no clue. But for now, I'm not trying to be an arse, but I need to make this point clear.

Especially the scabbard, quiver and sheat situation is a symptom of use/demand.

While creating new weapons may look awesome, creating new sheats for 25 different swords costs much time and effort and brings little, hence already existing ones were used.

Unless you volunteer to craft 25 new unique sheats for all the existing items, you should be content with the current state, or fix the meshes for your own choices using an editor like Morgh´s - it´s pretty easily done if you know how to do it or invest a few hours or trial and error to make the magic happen.

And even then, that time was better spent on updating a few of the more outdated und fuglier items to polish and shine them up or create new armour/helmets etc.

Some things are important, others aren´t and sometimes you need to neglect things in order to cope with the available resources. Sheats and quivers are far less important to the common player to direct a load of a precious scarce resource (=time of 3d artist) into it.

MitchyMatt said:

TLD is not Prophesy of Pendor, different developers/modders are associated with this mod.
Not really. :smile:
And nothing good has come out of open-sourcing TLD except a lot of mindless (and weakly credited) "borrowing".

Back
Top Bottom