Serious Occult Meddling Discussion (formerly Yard1's Serious Occult Meddling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yard1

Squire
Huh, it is kinda strange to look at what this thread changed into. Perhaps a topic name change is in order?

Anyway, if there is anybody still wondering about my tweaks, I still have them but I have lost almost all interest in Pendor, and I am too lazy to actually upload them. I have took them down because they were hastily made, buggy, untested, and I just couldn't support them. That being said, if I had some time in the future, I could try to make my own mod.

So yeah. Kind of a **** move on my part.

Cheers.

PS. You can use Wayback Machine or something if you are desperate.

It depends on what tweak you want to add. If you want to add a troop, I send you a PM with basic of using the Morgs troop editor and the troop stats. If you want to modify the scripts, then I'll tell you what to do after you've decomplied them - I'm not giving any links to the decompiler.

PS you were right, there is one :razz:

You could just post the instructions, right?

popcorn-o.gif

I'm secretly hoping that nobody wants them so I can lay in my bed some more but shh

You could post the script changes as .txt file inserts. No need to say, "here are some script lines but you need the decompiled PoP source which I have right here and probably won't give it to you but who knows really".

I haven't thought of that. And it's a really god idea. I'll get them done after I have some sleep, because it's twelve am here.

Could you describe the process of making your troops recruitable in taverns as mercenaries? I never knew you could do that.

Some troops added are unnecessary. There also isn't any need to buff the empire troop tree so it makes the game unbalanced. For the NPC, empire have fairly strong troop mix and auto-calc strength and they are usually not the one getting wrecked unless they get ganged up. Giving them a uber-strong infantry unit will change the game equilibrium. So IMO, both the praetorian/centurion and the velite are completely unnecessary.

They are nice troops and well thought out, but doesn't fit with the power level of the rest of the factions.  Velite in particular just seems redundant since the empire troops already have strong throwing weapons.

I am undecided on heavy warrior and the pendor spear. Fierdsvain doesn't really need the extra buff but the warrior tree always bugged me.

The script collection is good, should just link it in the post (unless the mods frown upon that?)

Thanks for your opinion. I've adde the velite so that Empire can have a dedicated low/medium level thower. I tend to have a couple of them and put them before the main line so they can quite effectively dehorse some guys and then I pull them back. They have the auto calc value of Empire Light Inf. Praetorians are only renamed Legionaries - it's only a cosmetic change, they looked too elite for me (no changes to them, I only removed one helmet so they all spawn with the same one). Centurions have the auto-calc value of an Empire Knight, and they just work like something between Praetorian and Immortal (of course they are way before Immortals).

I might over buffed the other Empire units, I admit that.

Pendor Spear have the auto-calc of a Pendor Swordsman, and the Fired Heavy Warrior have the value of the (you've guessed it) Heavy Axeman. IMO he's not OP in the player battels, as the sword they wield is weaker than the axe, but they tend so spawn with some throwing weapons.

I can't post any files, only parts of them, and it's not possible to add them without module system.

Back
Top Bottom