Austro

Master Knight
[Green]      -> Done
[Red]        -> To do
[Teal]        -> Currently working on
[Grey]        -> Discontinued

Changelog for next update:

Changelog said:
- Fix crash for lords with banners on page nr 7.
- Add new banners:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,296871.0.html
- Decrease immigrants default clothes strength to 8.
- 25% less crafting time for infantry muskets.
- Slower respawn time (to be done on the server).
- Infantry won't be able to reload pistol and run at the same time.
- Pirates and Deserter for Outlaws.
- Make bread stockpiles.
- Native athletics reduced by 1 and 2.
- Native spear damages decreased by 10 (21).
- Healing Herbs.
- Rename Lord Class.
- Decrease Native athletics.

What currently cannot be done because I don't have someone abilited in the team to:

Unable to do said:
- Better textured ships, that fit this time period.
- Ships & Boats which look like actual Warships from the 18th and 19th Century, Frigates and Ships of the Line and such.

What has been suggested but won't be changed:

Won't be added said:
- Removing Tax System with banks.
- Canons

Austro said:
19. Mercenary class renamed to "Rebel"
Players don't always have to "rebel" against something to want to start their own fort-less faction. Doesn't really matter, though.
24. Bows can now be used on horseback for natives
I can tell you right now- this is a terrible idea. Horse archers are a pain in the butt to combat because they always cherry pick and are often overpowered. I'm no expert on the matter, but horse archery was mostly adopted by the plains Indians, not forest dwellers. If it is implemented, I suggest adding a separate, mounted archer class (decreased athletics and nerfed archery skill).

reTARDIS said:
Austro said:
Players don't always have to "rebel" against something to want to start their own fort-less faction. Doesn't really matter, though.
I can tell you right now- this is a terrible idea. Horse archers are a pain in the butt to combat because they always cherry pick and are often overpowered. I'm no expert on the matter, but horse archery was mostly adopted by the plains Indians, not forest dwellers. If it is implemented, I suggest adding a separate, mounted archer class (decreased athletics and nerfed archery skill).

I dont think it is really hard to hit a horse with a musket. By the way, there are many trees, hills, rivers ... only horse archery pros are dangerous.

Yeah, horse archers, in my map atleast, are quite situational. In the plains map that is under work right now, they'll be more of a problem though. :razz:

reTARDIS said:

It is being added in for the new Great Plains map that I am finishing up.  I may talk to them more about this because I agree that they should have lower skills and maybe a less powerful bow to balance.  It was just not fair that everyone besides natives could ride and shoot (carbines, blunderbuses, pistols) and natives could not.

I would bet real money that horse archers WONT be overpowered.

You can already use carbines and pistols on horse back is that OP?

Fact is that you will just be a big target for snipers. I am looking forward to this change.

Any plans to introduce food?

We were discussing food for a future change. Most likely not beta 3 though.  We have to figure out how we want to implement it since no one likes to have to eat if they want to rest.

Lions and Austro I have a suggestion.

On PW food speeded up mining. How about food gives you an actual running speed boost/reloading boost. EIther that or hunger gives you a penalty.

That way being well fed would give your army an edge so that a feast could take place before a raid/war ?

I had thought a hunger bar would be cool but I think life too cheap in the mod for that to matter. Giving a subtle speed difference seems like a good solution to me.

reTARDIS said:
Austro said:

>horse archers overpowered
>muskets
>1728+1

Seeing as Native Archers are not that good as it is, it's not like you're going to be going up against Khegait (I probably spelled that wrong) Horse Archers....plus they will have guns to deal with

redhelwar said:
reTARDIS said:
Austro said:

>muskets
>1728+1
>greentexting on taleworlds

Not sure if you noticed but the Native Archer class has high crossbow skill instead of high archery skill. At least at Native Tribe 2 it did. May want to confirm or not.

reTARDIS said:
redhelwar said:
reTARDIS said:
Austro said:

>muskets
>1728+1
>greentexting on taleworlds
>coloring your memearrows

Everybody is knowledgeable of Taleworlds being the penultimate nesting ground for Autism.

On topic- horse archers are gay and it would look ridiculous in the map PF hosts. And what's with the tepees? Have some respect! :razz:

don't nerf natives. if you're nerfing them then nerf everyone else.

Well going by the patch notes I wouldnt say there was a nerf on balance.

Currently I often go a musketeer but take a bow, arrows and two tomohawks with me on raiding. I then loot any firearms from people we kill. I wont be able to do this anymore so as a musketeer I can only take melee weapons and tomohawks. This is a slight nerf in classes to me.

however, shooting from horseback should be more than enough to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom