Suggestions / Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Adelade said:
I have been playing bandit for a day straight and I have noticed a few issues that could/should be rebalanced.
1.Add a timer to slow the player down tremendously when moving backwards or reduce athletics... If you are anything other than Native or Line infantry the amount that either of these classes can hold down s and still be faster than you is ridiculous.
2.Tomahawk- I have noticed that these kill in one hit in melee mode, as well as mace.. They also seem to have ridiculous ghost reach but perhaps that is because of 1.
3.Melee mode of Carbine Rifle- This has ridiculous ghost reach and usually kills in 1-2 hits and the speed of the line infantry makes up for the slowness of the weapon.

Dansk viking said:
My comments and found bugs at this point.

Hair:
- Low texture quality.
- Shining (luminous in the shadows).
- Mismatch between beard and head hair.

Clothes:
- Many low quality textures
- Very inconsistent quality/look.

Mounts:
- Buying place for donkeys shows a horse.
- The native horse is very slow, even the donkey is faster.

Crafting:
- Smithy is way too far from the gun shop in the colonist town.

Other bugs/comments:
- Jumping in the gun store can get you stuck in the corner.
- Idle animation w. gun is only fitting for soldiers.
- The map as a whole feels more closed/restricted than the old one. You have the feeling that there are only certain paths you can take and walking into the forest is virtually impossible since the trees obstruct your sight all the way to the ground even. I can't help feeling that the old map was more fitting, more open, and more user friendly.

I know you've been working hard on this release and the new map respectively and seeing as the mod is still in a beta stage I can understand that one can expect bugs and whatnot. I am however sorry to say that I can't help feeling this version is hardly more playable than the Beta1. I don't really understand why a new map was needed. No offence meant towards the creator, but I enjoyed the old one more for reasons stated above. I hope to see an update soon, keep up the hard work and we might see this mod shine in the future.

Hello, i appear to be having a problem when i attempt to join the server. It tells me that the server is running an older version and therefore wont let me connect. Thank you in advance for your assistance

2ndLifeBrigadeWilliam said:
Perhaps its just me but I can barely play for less then 10 minutes before my game crashes or freezes. Is this normal or did I not install right?  :sad:

I have the same problem i dont crash but my game freezes after joining or 5-10 min of gameplay

usnavy30 said:
Austro said:
usnavy30 said:
OK the scene seems really big and unexplored to me first time playing and just walking around.
But I get a  really bad textures bug when I select show names in the C button menu and it persists and causes really bad visual errors I will try redownloading.. I just hope it works as this happened to me in PW too.

You guys know how the textures get really messed up looking blinding the screen and such? I will take screenshots if it persists when redownload is complete.

Turn off "Load Textures on Demand" in warband launcher
I thought turning off "Load Textures on Demand" caused this? Odd..will try that.

EDIT: No luck still persists and it is really, really bad to the point im blind by item textures:

Check my latest Steam screenshots of mine for some really game breaking visual errors by textures flipping out. :c
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069059786/screenshots/
Repost.

Disabling "Load Textures on Demand" solved it for me. That said, I only had one incident with it before (in the main native camp) so I can't say whether your problem is different.

I tried disabling Load Textures on Demand, no luck.

Now A new glitch/error

The NA server right now is swelling with 133~ players on and I am still trying to download the scene in a loop that fails to load and I can somehow cancel it..I've just been having bad luck trying to play the mod :/

i also have the download scene take forever and freeze up. when i do get the scene completely done i join in and almost immediately crash. very frustration when it was working perfectly earlier

So yeah, been trying to play PF for about 2 days now, but only had resulted in frustration. I would join the NA server but whenever I walked around just a tiny bit, I would freeze/crash. Same incident happened when I had barely pressed Join Game in the start menu. Really disappointed on how much support we are getting, but I really appreciate how big the map is.

Map Bugs:
1) In Colonial settlment weapon shop, pistol ammo when bought and not picked up glitches a buy option for old musket/cartriges
2) Some of the clothes have strange stats like accuarcy - 80%? speed 70% which is tottaly weird as for example lether clothes are meant for hunters and frontierman and therefore should be comfortable to wear and run around in it. I dont see any point to add disadvantages to these clothes.
3) Way to many trees on the map which actually (as i think) causes at least30-40% of lags and FPS drops.
4)No place to buy frontierman clothes or hat
5) Way to less animals on map, its nearly impossible to be a hunter.
6) The map is not balanced a lot. It should be more ways for faction to communicate and work together. Now it all ends in constant DM between factions.
Server:
1) Server got way too many slots - with 200 people its unplayable at all. As we see from practice 100 slot server is optimal for less FPS drops/lags and also easier for admins to administrate. Maybe run 2 servers instead of 1.

Too few activities.

i like that indians can make their own weapons, as can colonists without going some useless 'serf class'.

This has potential to make people more productive but there isnt much you can do but cut woood. I think food should be the heart of the economy in this game with people stashing and hoarding it to stay alive + raiding for it.

I have seen fieldsn and animals with meat so I can only assume there are plans to introduce food making?

Also, is it possible to make bears attack people like boars do in PW?

Pretty sure the bears are already supposed to attack people and kill in one hit. Apparently either the code is broken of the bears require AI pathing, in which case tough luck, I aint adding no AI pathing on this map. Some others have been asking for clearings in the forest, maybe if I end up adding them I'll place the bears there.

Pisatel said:
Map Bugs:
1) In Colonial settlment weapon shop, pistol ammo when bought and not picked up glitches a buy option for old musket/cartriges
I'll look into it.
2) Some of the clothes have strange stats like accuarcy - 80%? speed 70% which is tottaly weird as for example lether clothes are meant for hunters and frontierman and therefore should be comfortable to wear and run around in it. I dont see any point to add disadvantages to these clothes.
Not my department, therefore not a map bug.
3) Way to many trees on the map which actually (as i think) causes at least30-40% of lags and FPS drops.
Have you turned instancing on? Regardless, there's always going to be lag. I'll probably end up removing a chunk of the forest in the near future, but the amount of forest I'd need to remove in order to eliminate the FPS drops (Lag has nothing to do with the map) would make it look more like a park than a forest.
4)No place to buy frontierman clothes or hat
What frontiersman clothes? Try the general store, there should be plenty of equipment for your needs there.
5) Way to less animals on map, its nearly impossible to be a hunter.
I've heard people complaning there are too many animals on the map, so which is it? Anyway, I'm not sure if there's any point in hunting anything else than bears and people at this point, we'll expand on that aspect in coming patches I'm sure.
6) The map is not balanced a lot. It should be more ways for faction to communicate and work together. Now it all ends in constant DM between factions.
Elaborate. How exactly am I going to add more ways for the factions to communicate and work together? It's not like I'm forcing the players into it. In fact, I would say that's not my department, once again. Unless you have suggestions.

Have you turned instancing on? Regardless, there's always going to be lag. I'll probably end up removing a chunk of the forest in the near future, but the amount of forest I'd need to remove in order to eliminate the FPS drops (Lag has nothing to do with the map) would make it look more like a park than a forest.
Ye but you have to find a compromise. The map looks awesome and realistic indeed with that nice forest, but still FPS should count a bit more than looking.
What frontiersman clothes? Try the general store, there should be plenty of equipment for your needs there.
The one frontierman spawn with i mean, kind of a leather clothes with a bag on the belt + hat with tail.
Elaborate. How exactly am I going to add more ways for the factions to communicate and work together? It's not like I'm forcing the players into it. In fact, I would say that's not my department, once again. Unless you have suggestions.
Ofc i will mate, i like the map so far and really want it improved :wink:

It's so hard to cater for an audience as wide as we have. Dont worry, I'll find a way to lower the FPS, if that means removing every single little detail in the map, I'll get it fixed eventually.

Hmm, the coon hat should be in the general store, however I believe there's a bug and it's invisible while on the store, it will work once you have bought it though. As for the clothes, check the general store again, I recall it having a leather shirt in it.

And eagerly waiting for the suggestions, make sure to post them on the map thread. :wink:

Everytime I attempt to join a server my game crashed with a runtime error.

f2PumRr.jpg

I get the same crash and error message on both servers.

Overall, I really like this mod and especially the map, but it could use some work economy wise. The main problems with the economy are that money cannot be saved by anyone but faction leaders, and there is no place to invest money and really no reason to have money at all. In the unending skirmish outside the colonial settlement anybody can quickly loot a musket far faster than making one, and the same goes for money bags if you wanted enough for a uniform since they cost so little. What is needed to make money a desirable thing is some sort of enterprise.

For example if there was a small ferry along a busy route which anybody could operate but which people could either sell the use of or trade to another colonist to subsequently work, that would make money worth something, because of the possibility for investment to buy the business off someone or to simply pay the toll to cross at any point. It would also give a strategic objective to any faction in the area, which could be an actual objective in war.

Another example could be land which would either simply generate wealth slowly or could be rented out for farming similar to a toll. When someone enters they pay the toll to the owner. If they don't like that they can either buy the land off them, find land somewhere else in a less safe area, or back another faction which upon capturing that area would redistribute the land. Really the only requirements to make this possible would having people require a resource like food, and then having an area which access can be limited to  in which it can be made. If people want to they wouldn't have to limit access, but they could, and that would be a choice which would make a difference other than name between factions as well. Immigrants might be attracted more to a faction in which freedom to use anything was the law, but one in which people could charge for the use of things might attract more of the money-grubbing robber barons out there.

Really, the point at which an economy succeeds in a game like this is the point at which players lose track of the ultimate end goal of making the money. If they know that the only reason to get gold is to buy weapons, then as soon as they have enough to buy the best weapon then they will no longer want to do anything money related. Instead they've got to get caught up in the mad lust for money and power till they start inventing and plotting like madmen in a vain chase after a forgotten goal.

Everytime i try to log into this server its crash and give me this:

Runetime Error!

Program:..Steam/steamapps/common/Mountblade Warband/mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runetime to terminate it in an unusual way.
PLease contact application's support team for more informantion.

I do not know how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom