Is this a fair PC build?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a $1000 dollar budget also Canada parts only, if you could make a better build than mine for 1k I would love that, also make sure all is compatible and is reliable :smile:
Link to current build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/smothdude/saved/1CyB

Only thing I don't like on the list is the ram, it is overpriced since it is a somewhat limited version of the ram. You would be much better off getting the same speed/timing ram for less than $100 and spending the extra money on an ssd to use as a boot device.

Never heard of this vuugo store that is listed for the GPU, you should use ncix since it is the same price since their model (same one) includes all of AMDs free games (bioshock,crysis 3,farcry 3 blood dragon and tomb raider).

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=67546&vpn=GV-R795WF3-3GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1065

NCIX also has a new sale every Wednesday so it is usually a good idea to check there to see if they have anything you would want.

HDD is also expensive, I would wait for a sale on a better one if possible. Dell just had one (expired) that was like 2tb for $100 or something.

smothdude said:
HULKSMASH said:
Am I missing something, or is there no power supply?
No, I already have one :wink: 450w

System Requirements:
System power supply requirement: 500W

Taken from the page for the GPU. You could get away with 450w most likely but it better be a good brand name psu or you will have issues.

Kevlar said:
smothdude said:
HULKSMASH said:
Am I missing something, or is there no power supply?
No, I already have one :wink: 450w

System Requirements:
System power supply requirement: 500W

Taken from the page for the GPU. You could get away with 450w most likely but it better be a good brand name psu or you will have issues.
Is silverstone a good brand? Not sure if that is 100% the name but my friend (tech wiz) told me it is reliable.

You could but if you are running full load (100% GPU and CPU) you may have stability issues.

You would definitely not be able to overclock anyway.

Kevlar said:
You could but if you are running full load (100% GPU and CPU) you may have stability issues.

You would definitely not be able to overclock anyway.
Ah, alright. So I guess I could sell my 450w one and buy a 500, or should I get a 550 to overclock?

Back
Top Bottom