B Modern [WB] Battle for Yugoslavia -Trailer Pg29-

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I'm glad to announce I'm making fast progress on the campaign map..here's a quick WIP:
0119d5d325.png

I still have to place rivers, properly texture it, forest it, place parties(towns, HQs, villages), bridges and other special stuff. Also I have some suprises in the texturing bit, help from jacobhinds (wink wink).

Now I have a serious question, due to the fact that in West(Morava), South Serbia the land is mostly reserved for the "Chetnik Movement", and a bit for the Partisans, I wanted to incorporate the rest of Serbia into a faction directly controlled by Germany. Why? Well we have loads of German uniforms, items and gear, and it'd be a waste to give them only two minor settlements in northeast Slovenia. Also the Germans wouldn't have anywhere to spawn all those historically important divisions from. This would exclude the faction on Serbian territory - "The Government of National Salvation", which was a German puppet like NDH anyway. Since the Serbian populace is also strongly represented(as in, forces and towns) with the Chetnik movement, I feel it would save me a lot of time instead of creating new uniforms and gear, making GoNS infact Germany. Maybe as we have more resources later I can make some local special troops, please voice your opinion on this.

Some sources:
Axis_occupation_of_Yugoslavia_1941-43.png
Jugoslavija_i_Evropa_maj_1943.jpg
e6da702a95.png

2e582bf792.png
1944_Yugoslavia_liberated_territories.jpg

High Command has informed me your modification has requested a Skoda Howitzer. The Howitzer is ready to be deployed onto the battlefield. You may choose from 3 different paints depending on your terrain. Plain Green, Forest and Desert. Now pound them to dust!

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/845457

I've been making some custom map icons to suit my new creations...HQs mostly, but also airfields(Hint hint paratrooping quests), bases, special landmarks to visit...Also placing the rivers(accurately) is a pain in the ass  :smile:

Sherlock Holmes said:
I've been making some custom map icons to suit my new creations...HQs mostly, but also airfields(Hint hint paratrooping quests), bases, special landmarks to visit...Also placing the rivers(accurately) is a pain in the ass  :smile:

Fallschirmjager?  :eek:

This looks excellent! I've often thought something like this would be brilliant; I hadn't heard of this mod but I'm very optimistic!

I'd love to play as the partisans... I realise that it is mostly a Yugoslavian kettle of fish, but any chance of a British uniform somewhere...? I'd love my character to be an SOE agent or British commando... if not, it's still an excellent mod idea and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Do not forget that the Chetniks first uprising against germans!!!
It will be interesting to play as cetnik.

For King and Fatherland!!!

Here's some early screenshots I took today, the boots are to be fixed(doing that atm) and I have to change Nizar's facecode(the black guy lol). Please note it's all early and subject to change and improvement  :wink:
Also that means I've completed the Nazi Germany troop tree, with authentic rank names and classes.
VGPYEE8.jpg
c7V1nIA.jpg
5C436B829DCB087CFA07BB449E971FC73FB09A0E
6EA84FF221D38CF305DFB773212F3ED9B56DD529
Any ideas on the companions would be nice, there's a hard mix on those since they all have to be more or less neutral to the conflict(why would a fascist companion join a communist party or vice-versa).

Edit:boots fixed.

Sherlock Holmes said:
Any ideas on the companions would be nice, there's a hard mix on those since they all have to be more or less neutral to the conflict(why would a fascist companion join a communist party or vice-versa).
Italian Partisans?
Romanian Greenshirt/Guardist Emigrés?
Bulgarian/Slovenian/Italian conscript deserters?
Feminists with guns?
Downed American/Soviet bomber pilots/crewmen?
Anarchists?
Cossacks?

The downed pilot one sounds good, maybe he chooses to fight for your party regardless of your alignment because he's got no way out?
Why would you accept deserters? Wouldn't you hand them over?

Sherlock Holmes said:
Why would you accept deserters? Wouldn't you hand them over?
Well if you are looking for good fighters not; especially not when they deserted from your enemies' armies. And when they deserted from friendly armies you could give them a chance to redeem themselves in your service. The final choice lies with the player of course.
Germans on the eastern front used the services of Red Army deserters quite a lot, actually. In a place like Yugoslavia such things would be less comonplace of course though.

Back
Top Bottom