BLOC - Cold War Political Simulation Game

Users who are viewing this thread

rumsod

Recruit
yz2jYID.jpg

I've been working on this for awhile and figured you guys would be interested. Bloc is a free browser-based nation simulation game set in the Cold War or, alternatively, the best Dictator Simulator on the internet. You are the leader of a third world country during the Cold War. The game is most similar to Cybernations or Nationstates, but with its own twist. I've tried to make it more of an actual political simulation with a Tropico-y sense of humor over pure number crunching. Instead of just BUY 10 INFRASTRUCTURE you will build hospitals, raise the minimum wage, conscript soldiers, declare martial law, smuggle blood diamonds, unleash chemical weapons on civilians...

The game only requires about 15 minutes once or twice a day if you wish - though I suspect politicking between players and alliances will eat up more time eventually. Turns are twice daily. I have reset the game for the last time less than an hour ago, so join now and you'll be one of the most powerful nations in the game in the long term!

You will (hopefully) like this game if you have any interest in politics, modern history, cosplaying as Muammar Gaddafi, or waging total war on enemies of whatever ideology you roll with.

The url of the game: www.blocgame.com

Here's a really good guide for new players. Read this before you click buttons, this game is harder than your average browsergame and you can **** up if you don't know what you're doing: bloc.name/forum/index.php?topic=104.0

Some old screenshots:

imgur.com/a/3Enk2

I strongly advise you guys to form up an alliance, trying to go it alone will eventually lead to you being ganged up on. Choosing a single region to establish your nations would also be a good idea, as wars can only be waged within your region.

If you have any questions I will answer them here!

edit: Ack this should probably be in the other games subforum...

Well, I'm intrigued. Anyone else thinking about joining up?

And since I've got the second post here, I'll use it to put up a handy map of the Taleworldians.
Active players:
Shatari's glorious and wonderful Ishatar
Metalfist's Bunga Land
Odyseuss' Bagistan
Peton's MLC
Amontadillo's Selania
MaHuD's Ferrozoica
Dode's Volpone
Volkonski's New Europa
The Dark Robin's Duruistian
Slawtering's Mandalore
Cookie Muncher's Retardatistan

Inactive players:
Austupaio's Yperiz
The Dark Robin's abandoned ****ty Wok
Volkonski's abandoned Volkonistan
Burgess' (aka Sir Hitson Winsler's) Nodicktopia
Zanyfeet's Democracy
Duh's Purrrasia
Russik's Kaskelen
Kobrag's Innsmothe
Trevty's Daristan
Cookie Muncher's Orsinia
Wellenbrecher's Shaktur

Sir Prince said:
Oh cool, yet another ****ty geopolitical browser "game" spamvertisement thread.

Yikes, sorry. What other geopolitical browser games are there to even spam the place? Also maybe try it out before you declare my game a ****ty "game."

I know browser games have a bad reputation but I've tried to make mine unique.

Arcadius said:
No absolute monarchy? 1/10.

I intend to add actions for monarchies and even crowning yourself Emperor (like his great and glorious Majesty Bokassa I of the Central African Empire) in the near future, as well as Islamic Republics/theocracies. At the moment it is limited to Republics, with the titles changing based on how authoritarian your government is.

rumsod said:
Sir Prince said:
Oh cool, yet another ****ty geopolitical browser "game" spamvertisement thread.

Yikes, sorry. What other geopolitical browser games are there to even spam the place? Also maybe try it out before you declare my game a ****ty "game."

I know browser games have a bad reputation but I've tried to make mine unique.
Don't take it personally, Sir Prince makes it his personal mission to make a *****y statement in every new thread.

Austupaio said:
Don't take it personally, Sir Prince makes it his personal mission to make a *****y statements in every new thread.
Fixed.

So, I'm thinking about setting up shot in the Middle East. Anyone want to join me?

Sir Prince said:

I've played M&B since 2008, I had a forum account from several years ago but couldn't remember what email/pw I used so I just regged another because I figured you guys would like the game.

I'm sorry you don't like browser games like this. Maybe you could just say that instead of being a ****? It's not like I'm trying to scam anyone here, it's a free game that I'm making as a hobby because I liked stuff like CN and NS but wanted to improve on them.

Anyways, sorry guys.

So, I'm thinking about setting up shot in the Middle East. Anyone want to join me?

Picking a single region to work within is a good idea, as war can only take place between people in your region. Most alliances are regional at the moment.

Volkonski said:
So what new features are we expecting to see in the future?. Will there be more regions available or a more in depth technological system? etc.

I'm currently working on a big event system. My goal is something like Kings of Dragon Pass (with important events with lots of possible decisions, both immediate and unforeseen future consequences from your decisions, etc) except set in the Cold War third world... I also have a rework of the economy on the way, introducing more resources besides oil ("Raw Materials", Grains/Food, and Consumer Goods) and a process of industrialization.

I have a new stability system to replace the current one already done, but as it is connected a bit to the event system I'm not putting it in until that is done.

After these are added I want to flesh out your domestic politics a bit - internal political factions who have both a power and approval statistic - say if the powerful communist faction doesn't like you, they might try and overthrow you etc. You will be able to oppress or co-operate certain factions, arrest their leaders to weaken their power for example.

Basically yeah I intend to add a ton. This is what the game looked like about two months ago, just to show how much it's changing:

bABsP4D.png

The technology system gets more advanced as you get further along (when you start out you only have the one option to buy Lee Enfields, but once you hit WWII you have four options.), but I do intend to change the way it increases and is displayed eventually.

Well, the Great Revolutionary Democratic People's Republic of
Ishatar is up and running. We took out a major loan, put the money into prospecting for oil, and found nothing. I expect a slow but messy death as I'm apparently one of the lucky few in the Middle East who has nothing of value for being here. :razz:

Shatari said:
Well, the Great Revolutionary Democratic People's Republic of
Ishatar is up and running. We took out a major loan, put the money into prospecting for oil, and found nothing. I expect a slow but messy death as I'm apparently one of the lucky few in the Middle East who has nothing of value for being here. :razz:

With the new econ system I'm giving everyone in the Middle East oil, so don't despair. Wait a week or two and you'll have it.

So, does anyone want to make an alliance? I would, but there's no way I'm putting down that much cash :grin:

I'm "The Democratic Republic of Bannanas," by the way.

rumsod said:
With the new econ system I'm giving everyone in the Middle East oil, so don't despair. Wait a week or two and you'll have it.
Oh good, I was planning on just pissing on the UN and hoping the reset would also reset the oil chance.

Is there any way to view a link to your country?

@Puppy: I blew everything I had and more on praying for oil, so I'm currently a bit strapped. :razz:

Shatari said:
rumsod said:
Oh good, I was planning on just pissing on the UN and hoping the reset would also reset the oil chance.

Is there any way to view a link to your country?

@Puppy: I blew everything I had and more on praying for oil, so I'm currently a bit strapped. :razz:

Under settings there is a link.

Back
Top Bottom