[UNAC] United North American Championship

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtney said:
If we're able to settle all aspects of the new ruleset soon, can we start the touney like a week or so earlier?

With 5side going now it wouldn't be ideal for scheduling. Depends on what other people think.

We are also waiting for the majority of the teams to register still.

Keep in mind there are some schools that start back up again in August. I know my uni usually starts around August 20-ish. Round robin normally takes about a month to complete, depending on how many teams sign up. Might run into scheduling conflicts once Fall semester kicks in.

Courtney said:
Keep in mind there are some schools that start back up again in August. I know my uni usually starts around August 20-ish. Round robin normally takes about a month to complete, depending on how many teams sign up. Might run into scheduling conflicts once Fall semester kicks in.

We have one match a week. 10 teams = 10 weeks = ~2.5 months for the RR.

If we get 8 teams it will be 2 months.

Also, like I said if we have the rule set hammered down (I anticipate it will take at least another week) and final map list we can roll with a quicker time if teams register and want this sooner. What does everyone think?

Team Name: Black Shields
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: Black Shields
Captain (with link to TW profile): Rhade (Rhade)
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Harn (Harn)
Members (including Captain and Co-Captain):
01) BkS_Rhade
02) BkS_Harn
03) BkS_Vanidar
04) BkS_Tyrian
05) BkS_peers
06) BkS_African
07) BkS_Joe
0:cool: BkS_LittleGuy
09) BkS_Fortinbras

Rhade said:
Team Name: Black Shields
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: Black Shields
Captain (with link to TW profile): Rhade (Rhade)
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Harn (Harn)
01) BkS_Rhade
02) BkS_Harn
03) BkS_Vanidar
04) BkS_Tyrian
05) BkS_peers
06) BkS_African
07) BkS_Joe
0:cool: BkS_LittleGuy
09) BkS_Fortinbras

Added. Welcome.

Team Name: Balion
Clan(s) and/or Organization(s) Representing: Balion Mercs
Captain (with link to TW profile): Mad Dawg
Co-Captain (with link to TW profile): Random Peasant
1) Mad Dawg
2) Random Peasant
3) Zero
4) Blak
5) Scott Ray
6) Romans
7) Max
8 ) Craven_Kaiser
9)  Ron Burgundy
10) Unix
11) Juvenile
12) Honey Badger

Here is an updated roster for DoF.

01)Darin
02)William
03)Erminas
04)Varangian
05)Duncan/Mr Bastard
06)Dante
07)AwesomeDude
0:cool:CreamPie
09)Gimli
10)Otttiger
11)Gandhi
12)Alec
13)NinjaMidget
14)BlackHeart
15)DarkSpartan
16)Kelt
17)Derek

Orion said:
Somebody should shoot Lust a PM and tell him to update the News links at the top of the forum to reflect the new, single tournament.

and believe it or not there's an na duel tourney running right now as well as an eu one.

Z3ro said:
sotamursu123 said:
Just saying, Rhodok crossbows get maxed gear with 1,2k...  :mrgreen:
Depends on what you consider maxed gear because I cannot max my gear on crossbow at 1.2k
best body armor, best helmet, sword, board shield, heavy crossbow. If you survive a round there's nothing more to buy other than better bolts yay +1 damage. or siege crossbow.

also; "then both teams may field a maximum of 8 players. Both teams must match players."
Why restrict the maximum amount?

Here's how it's in EU (just for an example):
Minimum of 7 players, using 8 players is always legit, even if opponent only has 7. If both teams agree, teams can use more than 8 players.

For choosing maps I would suggest using EU maps as a base (the maps come easily with WNL admin tools), and then add on whichever NA maps/new maps on top of that. Then publish the maps and let teams play test matches for a few weeks (especially on the new maps) and then in the end teams vote for which maps are good/bad, and then pick out 4 to 6 closed and 4 to 6 open maps.

There's no point in playing maps nobody likes in the actual tournament.
:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom