[WNL2] Week 7 Fixtures - Deadline 23/06

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
8dAMHqJ.png

Hey Warbanders! We hope you all had a nice short break, time to train and are now back, fresh and ready for your matches. This week will be using Vendetta and Ruins, two of the older maps. As always, we are going to begin this week with the mandatory Pick Night. Remember that picking a team of a higher level thans yours (Renegades, Saracens, Apis Europae, Sons of the Emperor, Court of Reveran, Guard of Istiniar, Warhammer, Teutonic Knights, Heroes, Fearless Immortal Noobs and Irish Rebels are all level 2) will allow you to gain more points. Good luck!

The Pick Night, as described in the rules below:

• The fixtures themselves will be done by the teams on selected "pick nights", similar to the ENL Division C.
  • Pick nights will take place every Monday between 18:00 - 20:00 BST. Each team will be allotted a 5 minute timeslot to pick their opponent in. Picking order will be prioritised as follows:
    • Teams with 0 points that were in the WNL the previous week.
    • Teams that have joined the WNL in the current week.
    • After these, teams will pick in order of points (from lowest to highest).
    • Should teams have equal priority, then the team with the most rounds won will be given priority.
  • Teams may not pick a team more than 1 level above themselves. Teams may not pick a team they fought last week, unless there is no other option.
  • If a team misses their pick, it will be randomised from any of the next 3 teams in the picking order that lost their new match or are new to the division. Failing that, the pick will be taken from the next team in the picking order that lost their last match or is new to the Division. Failing that, the pick will be random.

• If a team only has two teams to choose from and one of the teams sat out the previous week, they must pick that team.

Teams should use the following template when making their pick or "selection":

Code:
[b]Which team are you from?:[/b]
[b]Which team are you picking?:[/b]

For example:
Which team are you from?: Apis Europae
Which team are you picking?: Renegades

The following are the timeslots allotted to each clan. Whilst it is preferable that each team picks, they will not be punished for failing. Instead they will have a team randomly selected with the conditions stated in the above rules. As you can see the amount of teams has meant it spilled over the 2 hours mark but only half the teams need to pick so I actually didn't need to do a list that long. If your team is picked you do not need to use your time slot.

5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
Time (BST)Team Name
18:00 - 18:04Paladins and Defenders
18:05 - 18:09Tercios
18:10 - 18:14Galloglass
18:15 - 18:19Wolfpack
18:20 - 18:24Defenders of Wonwokie
18:25 - 18:29Bohemian Guard
18:30 - 18:34Legio IX Hispania
18:35 - 18:39Iron Knights
18:40 - 18:44WARBAND
18:45 - 18:49Armata Brancaleone
18:50 - 18:54Calaquendi
18:55 - 18:59Vikings of Niflheim
19:00 - 19:04Schwertbrüderorden
19:05 - 19:09Order of the Rising People
19:10 - 19:14Dukelezh Breizh
19:15 - 19:19The Kingdom of Swadia
19:20 - 19:24Samurai
19:25 - 19:29Legend
19:30 - 19:34Kharakternyky
19:35 - 19:39Teutonic Knights
19:40 - 19:44Heroes
19:45 - 19:49Fearless Immortal Noobs
19:50 - 19:54Warhammer
19:55 - 19:59Irish Rebels
20:00 - 20:04Druzhina
20:05 - 20:09Court of Reveran
20:10 - 20:14Guard of Istiniar
20:15 - 20:19Saracens
20:20 - 20:24Apis Europae
20:25 - 20:29Sons of the Emporer
20:30 - 20:34Renegades

Week 7 Fixtures

Deadline is: 23/06/13

Vendetta
Ruins
Vendetta.jpg
Ruins.jpg
Sarranids vs Vaegirs
Rhodoks vs Nords
sarranids.png
vaegirs.png
rhodoks.png
nords.png

The break is over, the WNL is back. This week will be using Vendetta and Ruins, two of the older maps. Some really nice matches we have this week, especially a few very interessting rematches. We'll see how it goes, good luck!

mk7n6.png
Rounds wonRounds won
Paladins and Defenders
vs
Tercios Espangoles
Galloglass
vs
Defenders of Wonwokie
Wolfpack
vs
Iron Knights
Bohemian Guard
vs
Fearless Immortal Noobs
Legio IX Hispania
vs
WARBAND
Armata Brancaleone
vs
The Kingdom of Swadia
Calaquendi
vs
Court of Reveran
Vikings of Niflheim
vs
Samurai
Schwertbrüderorden
vs
Order of the Rising People
Dukelezh Breizh
vs
Irish Rebels
Legend
vs
Warhammer
Kharakternyky
vs
Druzhina
Teutonic Knights
vs
Guard of Istiniar
Heroes
vs
Apis Europae
Saracens
vs
Renegades
Sons of the Emporer
vs
No Opponent

B6c7d.png

Zaharist said:
What if SRС pick SoE?  for example (if top4 won't be picked before)
AE - RNGD again? (seems like it was discussed already)

due to there being 31 teams, unfortunately its unlikely we can play RNGD again;

You cant pick the team you played last week, so unless somebody picks RNGD they will in all likeliness get a default this week.

Folms said:
So that means that both AE and RNGD get a default if they are not picked?

If we are 31 teams and three are left, one unknown, AE and RNGD then this unknown teams HAS to either pick AE or RNGD as far as I understood. I don't know how it should be possible with 31 teams, that two teams are not picked. Would only work with even numbers..

nedsat said:
Very sad if the fight for the top spots are going to be decided by default wins  :sad:

1. If I understood Cleric right, it is not because of the system, it is because we unfortunately have 31 teams this week.

2. As Mitchell said, what should we do? Look I can guarantee you that every RNGD player would prefer to play a match this week, if we get a default win (what I personally would consider ****ty) we will arrange as many training matches as possible to stay in shape anyways :wink:. So if you consider it as sad as I do if the top leader of the table (whoever it is) would get default wins, how about you help us out by picking us tonight? :smile: Although I'm not a fan of the idea to e.g. fight AE every week until the ligue ends, I'd even prefer that to default wins :wink:

Although I'm not a fan of the idea to e.g. fight AE every week until the ligue ends, I'd even prefer that to default wins

You're not the one that has to make tactics.. :p

PS : Message to every clan leader : leave us the default win, and Guy will make you awesome portraits!

Odd number of teams due to dropouts -> one default win (not really a weak point, we just didnt manage to find a replacement)

To the people that says that we (any team) can just pick AE or RNGD that doesn't really solve anything. Will just give another team in the top fight the default win.

That we dont have a replacement now probably means that we won't have one next week either and the default wins in the top end of the league continues.

Im not sure I have any good solutions but prehaps letting a low ranked team make 2 picks could solve the problem temporarly. Maybe if that team was also a team that has played less than 6 matches and they were forced to make one (or both) of their picks against a team that also has less than 6 matches. A extra match can ofcourse be somewhat of a disadvantage but also gives you the chance to make twice as many points.

Im probably comming of as an elitist but I just think compromissing the competitivness of the league is a huge blow.

nedsat said:
To the people that says that we (any team) can just pick AE or RNGD that doesn't really solve anything. Will just give another team in the top fight the default win.

That we dont have a replacement now probably means that we won't have one next week either and the default wins in the top end of the league continues.

Im not sure I have any good solutions but prehaps letting a low ranked team make 2 picks could solve the problem temporarly. Maybe if that team was also a team that has played less than 6 matches and they were forced to make one (or both) of their picks against a team that also has less than 6 matches. A extra match can ofcourse be somewhat of a disadvantage but also gives you the chance to make twice as many points.

Im probably comming of as an elitist but I just think compromissing the competitivness of the league is a huge blow.

Just had a chat with nedsat on Steam, we are going to discuss this idea for next week. Cheers for the input. :grin:

Default wins don't really affect the league very much at all. If you have an even number of teams then great but if you don't, the league still resolves all with time.

Honestly would like to see a playoff for the top teams at the end of all this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom