SP Native Dark Ages [WB] RAGNARÖK - Viking Calradia (v0.2) RECRUITING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reus

Sloppy Dabber
Global Moderator
CalradiaScroll_zps0780044a.png

BadassViking_zpsa7daff7b.png

[td]
WhatisRagnarok_zpsd7f8048c.png

Ragnarök is a Mount & Blade: Warband mod set in the viking ages of Calradia.
What I am doing with this mod, is that I am creating a fictional (not fantasy)
Calradia with old norse city names, character names and factions.
There is no lore of the old Calradia back in the viking ages,
so I had to be creative and think of my own backstory and lore for this.

Whenwillitbeout_zps6a683fcf.png

We will see.

Whatsnew_zps036b825d.png

The names of everything have been changed, and the textures have been heavily reworked,
thanks to an OSP. Many new models have also been created and added to the mod, changing the
looks of horses, armor, weapons and more. Every faction has been updated in one way or another.
Rhodoks, Khergits and Sarranids won't have too many changes, but Swadians, Vaegirs and Nords
will all be vikings.

Themodteam_zpsdddf206b.png

Active Team
» Backstay (Team Leader)

Ex Members
» Belendor (Coding)

(I am currently recruiting people for the team! If there are any experienced
sceners, modellers, texturers and coders out there, feel free to send me
a private message with a few pieces of work to show me.
Even contributors who send in a model or two are really appreciated!)

[/td]​

Features_zps28b20f94.png

» A world full of vikings
» Six different kingdoms
» Fictional viking cities, castles and villages
» Seafaring (hopefully with sea combat)
» Graphical improvements
» Improved textures
» Improved landscapes
» Diplomacy
» Many new weapons and armor
» Improved troops for every faction
» Custom horses
» New cities and villages

Factions_zps6045eee0.png

» Kingdom of Steinvith (Swadia)
» Kingdom of Stefnir (Vaegirs)
» Kormak Khanate (Khergits)
» Kingdom of Raegnald (Nords)
» Kingdom of Skoragir (Rhodoks)
» Sumarlidi Sultanate (Sarranids)

Screenshots
Intro text
2013-06-16_00001_zps9b2bae1c.jpg

Creating a character
48700_screenshots_2014-01-23_00001_zpsc2f9655b.jpg

Raegnald Footmen and Huscarls preparing for a fight
2013-06-16_00004_zpse061f79f.jpg

Raegnald soldiers from behind
2013-06-16_00005_zps09e46114.jpg

Raegnald soldiers in battle
2013-06-16_00007_zpsabab8f48.jpg

Changelog
- Set up factions
- Set up cities, castles and villages
- Set up kings
- Set up half 2/6 of the lords

- Added some dialogue
- Finished intro text
- Graphical improvements
- Added some screenshots

News/Updates
Update #1
Development will slow down this upcoming week. I will be on a trip from tuesday to friday, so development will continue next weekend.

Update #2
Some screenshots have been added!

Update #3
Development is now back up and running. I'm home from my trip, and development will continue as soon as possible!

Update #4
Development is now, once again, back up and running. I was muted for a week but has now been unmuted an hour or two ago. The name of the mod will be changed soon.

Update #5
A list of the factions that will be in the mod has now been added to this main post. Some more stuff has also been added,
and Diplomacy has been removed from the to-do-list for now. Still deciding some things about it.

Update #6
The name of the mod has now changed to 'Ragnarök'. Header and signatures of the mod will be updated soon.

Update #7
The mod has been inactive/dead for two or three months, though development will continue now.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I simply lost the passion for creating the mod back then, but I'm back in business now.
I lost all the files after a computer reset, so I'm modding the files from scratch now.
New header has been made and text has been updated.

Credits
OSP Packs
- Cinematic Compilation - by DOMA_
  - Polished Landscapes - by gutekfiutek
  - Realistic Colors 1.22 - by Lucke189
- Face Improvements - by Iboltax
- Dark Age Pack - by Gothic Knight
- Fred's Bunch 'o Armours - by Fredelios
- Diplomacy - by Waihti
- Tavern Animation Pack - by Daedalus
- Way of the Sea - by Fire_and_Blood
- Native Scene Replacement Pack - by The Bowman
- Waewulf's Light Pack - by Waewulf

Signatures
Just copy the code in the box below and add it as your signature. Then let magic do its thing.
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276000.0.html][IMG]http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/Backahkhiin/RagnarokSignature_zpsd327823f.png[/IMG][/url]

If this is set in the Viking age, I believe you should remove the heavy armour the huscarls wear, at least the banded armour cos no such thing existed back then.

VonTawast said:
If this is set in the Viking age, I believe you should remove the heavy armour the huscarls wear, at least the banded armour cos no such thing existed back then.
Yeah, fixing the troops' inventories is a thing I have yet to do. Horses will, most likely, also be removed, and the whole mod will pretty much be based on having a really good infantry.

Backstay said:
VonTawast said:
Yeah, fixing the troops' inventories is a thing I have yet to do. Horses will, most likely, also be removed, and the whole mod will pretty much be based on having a really good infantry.
i think removing horses is not at all necessary, making them really expensive and slower might do the job, that way they would only be used by few warlords/and or player

It's Calradia, so historical accuracy isn't really an issue.

Some OSP packs might spice up the visuals.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76333.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264791.0.html
And probably others too.

The Guardian said:
Backstay said:
VonTawast said:
i think removing horses is not at all necessary, making them really expensive and slower might do the job, that way they would only be used by few warlords/and or player
Sounds good. I'll make horses more rare and expensive. In the viking ages there was mostly infantry, not really much cavalry, so I figured not having too many horses would be the best idea.

Adorno said:
It's Calradia, so historical accuracy isn't really an issue.

Some OSP packs might spice up the visuals.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76333.0.html
And probably others too.
Looks good! I'll go see if I can find some more OSP packs. Thanks.

And, yeah, historical accuracy isn't really an issue. There's no lore of Calradia back in the viking ages, so I figured I should just make up my own.

VonTawast said:
Yeah but still, if you're going to have it Viking-based, there needs to be something showing that as well. :lol:
It will be obvious. I've stated twice already that I am creating my own lore of Calradia set back in the viking ages. It sure will look old norse-styled. The graphic and textures improvements makes it look old as well.

I just begun the development a few days ago, and it already looks like everyone's vikings.

Well, this looks interesting.  I'll have to keep an eye on this one.  Good luck to you.

Question- Are you planning on implementing PBOD?  I've found that, for me, most mods without Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment are pretty much unplayable.  PBOD spoiled me.  :grin:

Will this be Viking vs. Viking, then?  No other styles of factions?  Not to tell you what to do with your baby, but for the sake of variety, I think at least one or two factions should exist, that could be similar to Viking-era culture, but should have some radical departures from them, like styles of armor and weaponry.  Just a suggestion, and certainly wouldn't need to implemented right away.

GJCeasar said:
Well, this looks interesting.  I'll have to keep an eye on this one.  Good luck to you.

Question- Are you planning on implementing PBOD?  I've found that, for me, most mods without Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment are pretty much unplayable.  PBOD spoiled me.  :grin:

Will this be Viking vs. Viking, then?  No other styles of factions?  Not to tell you what to do with your baby, but for the sake of variety, I think at least one or two factions should exist, that could be similar to Viking-era culture, but should have some radical departures from them, like styles of armor and weaponry.  Just a suggestion, and certainly wouldn't need to implemented right away.

This I would agree with. Perhaps in some respects similar to the factions that are in the Vikingr multiplayer mod. Or at the very least an equivalent to them; Normans, and Rus for sure, and perhaps a Byzantine themed faction as well. Since we know Calradia had an empire, perhaps if this is the Calradian Dark/Viking age it could be at the formation of the early empire.

Sorry for no replies for some days. I was on a trip this week.

Not all factions will be 100% vikings. Well, all factions will be vikings but they will all have different cultures like they have already. Nords will be 100% vikings, Swadia will be 100% vikings, Vaegir will be 90% vikings, Rhodok will be 80% vikings, Sarranid will be 50% or something and so will the Khergits. The Sarranids and Khergits will be the two factions which aren't that much viking after all. Of course they will have some viking things and all that, but their cities and landscape will stay like they are and they won't be all "Hey ho, I'm a viking" and so on. Those two factions have mongol- and arabia-like cultures, and it will stay like that.

I might add PBOD, actually :razz:

Anyways, mod is back in development.

Gothic Knight said:
Dark Ages OSP recently updated.
Check it out.
Thanks! I will most definetly get my hands on your OSP pack! It looks great.

DEATH TO KERGITS said:
Backstay said:
- 6 fictional viking factions

Umm, what about the non-viking areas on the map, like the sarranid area will they be a viking faction?
As I said, a few posts back, Sarranid and Khergits will still be viking factions. They won't be as much viking as the Nords, Swadia, Vaegirs and Rhodok's though - due to their cultures standing out from the others. Though they will still be vikings. Their landscape will remain the same. The Sarranid will still have an arabic-like culture, and the Khergits will will have a mongol-like culture, but they will all be vikings.

Also please bear in mind that all the faction names will be changed to something else (The Khergit and Sarranid faction names will be pretty look-a-like the default Khergits and Sarranid).

Back
Top Bottom