[Werewolf: Archives] Fallout, the Vault of Wolves, Conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Xardob said:
Shatari said:
@The idea that Quail has mixed up his ability: We'll see what he says, since it's possible that Frisian is a wolf and is claiming a similar ability to undermine a special. It's possible that Quail is actually a special blocker who misunderstood how his role works. If that's true, then it means Vader could well be the second attacker.
That's an interesting thought, and would certainly explain a lot of what happened so far. But would a special really block you under these circumstances?
If he thought it would protect me, it's believable. It's a bit odd though, since if he believed my roleclaim then I would almost certainly be protecting myself.

Having given his claim some thought though, I do have one critical flaw in my own argument: Why would a wolf claim to have tried protecting me on the night they tried to kill me? That's obviously not going to work, since it's very obvious that I was successfully attacked. I'm not going to unvote just yet, but I do think we need to think on that before we close the vote. If he's telling the truth, then that means Vader and Frisian are wolves instead. Quail will also probably be dead tonight anyways if we don't lynch him, which would be tragic but would definitely give us some answers.

1 more vote to end the day, if I counted right. Means we have to decide something. One of them a wolf, and one is a special. The wolves will know who is a wolf (unless there some rules I don't entirely understand related to it being a blind game) so they'll know which one to attack. This leaves us in an interesting position. Shatari is injured, and we have a special in confinement, assuming Quail's lynch is reached.

We need to decided on who we want protected out of the three. The good thing about having both Quail and Fris in there is we no there is unlikely to be a blocker on the red side, meaning all specials outside of confinement will have free reins to do what they like tonight, assuming they aren't targeted. So we need to decided who to protect tonight.

If there is a seer type role ( I haven't played a WW game that hasn't included one of some description, so it's a safe bet to assume we have one), we'd need to decided on who they are to investigate out of the two players confined. I would suggest that they investigate whichever of the two is protected, though if Shatari is protected then they should take their pick of the two.

Lord Brutus said:
Xardob voting for Quail makes me extremely uneasy.

For what reasons? It made me somewhat uneasy too, but I looked back and saw he also voted on Frisian. Only difference between the two is that the vote on Frisian appeared to be more of a bandwagon vote, so it makes deciding who is a wolf between the two of them, assuming Xardob is a wolf and packmates with one of them. The other alternative is Xardob is just a villager following the town rather than leading (which is admittedly a little unusual), meaning there isn't much we can discern from his votes.

So, what's everyone's thoughts about the arguments I made? Is it worth risking a special to banish a wolf? Or would we be better off banishing Vader tonight and seeing what the morning brings us?

I could go either way, but I'm not sure we have enough time to change the lynch votes. Besides, with Vader being absent, we might not get any answer even if we leave him alive. But on the other hand, lynching Vader is more likely to yield us a definitive answer.

Shatari said:
So, what's everyone's thoughts about the arguments I made? Is it worth risking a special to banish a wolf? Or would we be better off banishing Vader tonight and seeing what the morning brings us?

I think it's worth risking. They aren't dying, and can be re-voted in if they survive long enough. Voting him out would ensure that the wolves lose a vote and an ability, in theory at least. It is a calculated risk, admittedly.

If Vader comes online at any point over the weekend, and doesn't post come next week, then it would be safe to vote him out. Just now, it would be better to have him replaced.

Xardob said:
lynching Vader is more likely to yield us a definitive answer.

How so? (I may have missed a prior explanation  :oops:)

While I find Quail's claim extremely suspicious, but before I'm going to put the last vote down I want to figure out one thing:

What purpose does Quail possibly think his claim will serve? And in what world does the claim make sense?

He's claiming to have essentially the same ability (there are differences, but those would seem to be just flavour) as Shatari, so I would have figured he'd try to imply that Shatari's claim was fake... Except, he apparently 'protected' Shatari, meaning he apparently either believed Shatari's claim or thought Shatari was some other innocent role? Neither seems to make a whole lot of sense to me; the former would imply having two very similar specials in a twelve player game, the latter... I don't even know?

The other possibility I can see is trying to pre-emptively defend himself from getting lynched... In this case his claim still doesn't seem to fit. Even if we specula that he misunderstood his role description, it's still just stupid to reveal a special ability like that as an innocent if you still can't even make a single assumption to help find the wolves with. And if you are a wolf, it seems like a massively risky and weak move to direct suspicion, especially if you aren't going to even try to start it yourself. I guess he could be trying to fish out some information on the village specials if he's a wolf and thought he was going to hang, but it definitely seems like quite hasty reaction to just three people naming you a possible candidate to a lynch.

That roleclaim was just ridiculously hasty and I can't figure out what he thinks the benefit is.

I'm still mulling this over, but the main problem I have with him hypothetically being an innocent is the same with him being a wolf: the ability that he claims to have used obviously failed. A hasty lie by a wolf seems more believable than an innocent who skimmed over the fact that the person he thought he was protecting was attacked anyways. In his claim he never addressed the fact that I was attacked, yet an innocent should have at least double checked their PM to re-read their role, and most likely would have PMed the host. I find it absurd that a wolf would make this claim at all, but it's completely unbelievable that an innocent special would use their power to no effect and then not question it.

Oh right, I forgot to mention that. Yeah, that's yet another problem I have with this whole situation.

It just doesn't make any sense either way.

Quailover's roleclaim does not seem far-fetched to me, to be quite honest. And if indeed it is true and we banish him, then there's two who claim to have special abilities (me and him, clearly) both no longer able to use them because both are kicked out. Are we quite sure this is the best route to take?

You really don't think that it's far fetched for two specials to have to nearly identical abilities with nearly identical fluff text? You both lock doors, and you both appear to do it as a block function. Fallout is a pretty diverse setting, I think Grim could have thought up a few more things for specials to do.

Sure, but I can't know that for certain. And imo, it fits the theme a bit.

Q, could you explain more about your role (without quoting from the pm?)

Lord Brutus said:
That's what makes me uneasy.  This isn't Xardob, the wolf hunter but Xardob, the bandwagoneer.  That is not his style when he is an innocent.
This is true.

As for quail and Frisiandude... what if one of them actually opens a door instead of closes it? Like nullifying the other's ability if it targets the same person?

As a side-note I have a different suspect, but it's a bit late so I will wait with that till the next day. :wink:

Okay, if someone doesn't vote soon we're going to no-lynch. While it would be nice to hear back from Quail, he didn't bother to post when he logged on today. Either someone needs to vote him or we dearly need to switch targets. And with the clock ticking, I think the latter is a day too late.

I have the ability to either lock a person in the room and let people in, or lock other people out.

I told Grimmend to lock Shatari's door,but I forgot to specify.

Back
Top Bottom