[Werewolf: Archives] Fallout, the Vault of Wolves, Conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Eternal is the most likely to be a villain, he backed off without a word and gave some flimsy excuse when confronted with it. In addition, he is constantly busy with meta-gaming in stead of doing any actual hunting. I find this to look more like a wolf who doesn't know how to hunt as a wolf then an innocent being stupid and trying to find specials. Also worthy to note is that he seems to brand everyone who suspects him as a good guy and may try to get on people's good side. A thing which is mentioned more often but then in a different form; trying to look like the good guy.

To me Xardob is acting different from normal, so I must say I don't suspect Lord Brutus for his suspicions towards him.

Frisiandude has been playing quite strange and pretty much stopped posting after being confronted, seemingly only to return a few days later. Needlessly to say, I am also very suspicious of Frisiandude.

Not too sure about Shatari, he makes good points but also seems to take some wrong turns here and there.

Having said all of this though, I do NOT want to vote out Xardob. I get the feeling that that is somehow what he wants to happen, for whatever reason.
My vote on Eternal stays.

MaHuD said:
Having said all of this though, I do NOT want to vote out Xardob. I get the feeling that that is somehow what he wants to happen, for whatever reason.
You're way too suspicious. I can assure you that I have no ulterior motives.

Eternal said:
Vieira said:
I dislike his vote on Frisian because his reasoning is very meta-ey, and it clearly shows he is willing to willing to take a great risk voting out specials this early in the game, which doesn't sit well with me in a small game like this. This is because his meta-assumption that the first players received PMs assumes that the first players to post aren't standard villagers, and I doubt there are more wolves than their are town specials. Meaning that if you were to follow his reasoning and that his assumption is correct, then there is more chance you will vote a special than a wolf. Which obviously means there is more chance to vote a special than if you were to focus on all the players, rather than the early arrivals. Obviously, the assumption is unlikely to be correct, but it's the concept that I don't particularly like.

Let's consider a hypothetical game with 3 specials, 3 wolves and 6 innocents. Even with my big bad logic of trying to hunt down those who posted early because they were probably PM'd, we take away the 6 innocents. That gives us a 50/50 shot of getting a wolf, as opposed to a 1/4th shot. You're attempting to argue against my premise on a mathematical basis, while I definitely am justified on a mathematical basis.

I think I was viewing it slightly differently because of the game mechanics. I was viewing along the lines of the chances of not voting out a town special. My reasoning was thus:
1. People don't die when they are voted out, though they lose all powers.
2. Standard innocents can still participate, but only lose the right to vote, whereas a special would lose their ability.
3. So it seemed to me that on Day 1, at the very least, we should try to keep the chances of losing a special minimal, as they can attempt to figure out the wolves during the night, since the role of the lynchee is not revealed.
4. If we voted out a special, we could not return them until Day 4, so I feel until Day 3, and possibly Day 2, we should try to limit the chances of voting out a special.

Obviously, there are a few problems with this reasoning, such as it's not really feasible later on in the game, when innocent votes will be of the utmost importance to win, but I feel it's the best way of approaching today.

I.e on a mathematical basis, I would rather have 25% (3 out of 12) chance of voting out a special, rather than 50% (3 out of 6) chance of voting out a special.

There are a myriad of problems with hunting for those that posted early, notably Frisian's "they could have just seen the thread go up." I think you're all overthinking how seriously I'm taking that method, however. It is just one small tool in addition to many other observations which make me suspicious of someone, not something that you go, "okay, they posted early, now time to find evidence."

These are the other problems with the theory above. The only problem with this defense, is it seemed that it made up the majority of the reasoning behind your vote on Fris.

In other news, good LoS. There is a notable lack of opinions, but I can sympathize because I have a notable lack of opinions too.

It's difficult this early in the game, I agree. I had a larger LoS saved on my laptop, but I left it, so I just rushed that one out.  :sad:

After that we got some weird speculation which he really didn't seem to feel comfortable pursuing either. 

I believe Vieira asked about my MaHuD suspicions and I'm going to elaborate here.

It wasn't really your suspicions I was asking about (though it's nice to see how you feel about MaHuD. I was mainly asking about how you viewed his vote on you and his reasoning behind it, since I didn't notice any form of reaction from you.

I totally just noticed I put a superscript 1 in my LoS, and forgot to provide a footnote. I'll see if I can remember what I was gonna say about it.

Xardob said:
I do need to provide some sort of ranking for my suspicions to make any sense, so here it goes.

Good idea.

Brutus or QuailLover. Then I would put Hitson, Eternal and Frisian. Then Rams, Sootshade, Xardob, MaHuD. Then Shatari and Vader.

MaHuD said:
To me Xardob is acting different from normal

I had noticed this, but it seemed to me that he was trying a different approach early game, as he hasn't been particularly unusual of late.

Xardob said:
Shatari - He's way too neutral to be a villager.
Ignoring the fact that I'm the only person making a case against you and Soot?

Xardob said:
This is suspicious because it allows him to take any stance in any subject the village is discussing.
What about the subjects we're not discussing? You know, the ones I'm trying to bring up?

Xardob said:
He can wait to see what would be more profitable for him. While he is participating in the game, he's rarely the one to start an investigation on his own. Just take a look at his suspect list. I don't think he was the first to fire a shot at any of those.
So you're also ignoring my bringing up the limited value we can place on PMs? Or that I'm the only person trying to make a real case against you? Or the part where I'm the only person to bring up those points about Soot? I can see why you want other people to lie here, it makes your job easier.

Xardob said:
Also, the comment on Rams shows this quite clearly. He brought the subject to attention and then backed out of it without given a single opinion on Rams role, content to watch the village discuss it.
I presented both sides of the subject. If there's something of value in the matter, it can be addressed fully. An innocent does not need to lie or omit facts to build a case. As for Rams, I was leaning wolf at the time and now I'm leaning towards neutral. I don't think he's worth voting today, at any rate.

Xardob said:
This literally says he's not concerned with finding wolves today, just building evidence. Building evidence is just a nice way to say you're preparing the **** that others will throw in the fan.
Or it's a way of saying that I'm looking for evidence to use for future wolf hunting.

Shatari said:
Ignoring the fact that I'm the only person making a case against you and Soot?
I'm a target since the first post, and Eternal got to Soot before you.

What about the subjects we're not discussing? You know, the ones I'm trying to bring up?
Point them again to me. I may have missed them.

So you're also ignoring my bringing up the limited value we can place on PMs? Or that I'm the only person trying to make a real case against you? Or the part where I'm the only person to bring up those points about Soot?
I thought everyone but Eternal and Rams were disregarding the PM issue. As for me and Soot, you may be the only one making a case against us, but you were hardly the first one to get there. You're continuing something that was made important by the village.

I presented both sides of the subject. If there's something of value in the matter, it can be addressed fully. An innocent does not need to lie or omit facts to build a case.
We're starting to repeat ourselves here, but I'm in the mood to argue this point. Let me show an example of an accusation that actually helps the discussion.
Another thing that could be seen a suspicious is that he has become more distant from the discussion as the deadline approaches. Maybe trying to distance himself from the lynch.
See how I point his behavior and give an explanation of what the reason could be. I don't bother with alternative explanations because they are pointless. This is my interpretation of his behavior, and if anyone disagrees with my conclusion, it's their job to point it out. That's how we get discussion going.

Xardob said:
I'm a target since the first post, and Eternal got to Soot before you.
Again, you lie through omission. I'm the first person to bring up these arguments against both of you.

Xardob said:
Point them again to me. I may have missed them.
Here you go. Have fun ignoring them again.

Xardob said:
I thought everyone but Eternal and Rams were disregarding the PM issue.
Probably because Eternal is the only person who doesn't acknowledge the existing discussion that you're trying to pretend never happened. As for Eternal, I'm kind of hoping he'll actually go back and read it.

Xardob said:
As for me and Soot, you may be the only one making a case against us, but you were hardly the first one to get there. You're continuing something that was made important by the village.
Again, lie through omission: I'm the first person to bring up these subjects, and I'm the only person willing to make a serious case against you. It boggles my mind that I'm the only person willing to, and it makes me a bit worried that I have tunnel vision, but I honestly can not see you as being anything but a wolf with the way you're playing. Innocents don't need to lie to make a case.

Xardob said:
See how I point his behavior and give an explanation of what the reason could be. I don't bother with alternative explanations because they are pointless. This is my interpretation of his behavior, and if anyone disagrees with my conclusion, it's their job to point it out. That's how we get discussion going.
Which would be relevant if the goal I had in mind were a lynch for today. At the time I was looking for something to be used later, and I've since discarded the item as evidence because I don't think it has any value. Again, not everything is an outright condemnation, you can build a case on circumstantial evidence and discard the pieces that don't work.

Shatari said:
Probably because Eternal is the only person who doesn't acknowledge the existing discussion that you're trying to pretend never happened. As for Eternal, I'm kind of hoping he'll actually go back and read it.

Eternal said:
Let's consider a hypothetical game with 3 specials, 3 wolves and 6 innocents. Even with my big bad logic of trying to hunt down those who posted early because they were probably PM'd, we take away the 6 innocents. That gives us a 50/50 shot of getting a wolf, as opposed to a 1/4th shot. You're attempting to argue against my premise on a mathematical basis, while I definitely am justified on a mathematical basis.

There are a myriad of problems with hunting for those that posted early, notably Frisian's "they could have just seen the thread go up." I think you're all overthinking how seriously I'm taking that method, however. It is just one small tool in addition to many other observations which make me suspicious of someone, not something that you go, "okay, they posted early, now time to find evidence."

?!?!?!?!?!?

Shatari said:
Here you go. Have fun ignoring them again.
There's nothing new here about Brutus or Burgess, so I presume you're not talking about them. As for me and Soot, you're just continuing an attack on players that were in evidence before. I won't discuss your point on Soot because I think he's right, and it's something he raised, we're having a useless conversation that will lead nowhere.

As for the points you raised against me, I can only say that in no way have I tried to avoid responsibility for the results of any lynch. I fully stand behind my accusations. The one waiting to pick sides at a whim is you, offering an opinion on someone only after it's clear what the village thinks at the moment.

Which would be relevant if the goal I had in mind were a lynch for today.
That's my point. If you don't have a lynch as your goal, your entire investigation is empty. You can say things with impunity because you can always back out of them later. You can use that to excuse yourself of a failed accusation or to drop the case quickly if you don't gather enough support. You can also use this to avoid any responsibility for the result of the lynch, should it occur.

MaHuD said:
Eternal is the most likely to be a villain, he backed off without a word and gave some flimsy excuse when confronted with it.
Yeah, because I should definitely continue to pursue a lynch on you after I'm convinced you're innocent. Because that's definitely townie behavior.

In addition, he is constantly busy with meta-gaming in stead of doing any actual hunting
Except for the fact that I'm not, and that I've listed and countered every point of SootShade's, discussed Xardob, put my vote down on Hitson despite no first-post evidence, had my entire case on you based on one of your posts and not based on meta....

Are you actually reading anything I post?

Also worthy to note is that he seems to brand everyone who suspects him as a good guy and may try to get on people's good side.
No, it's because I genuinely think them to be good. Again, I'm not going to pursue a lynch on someone who I think is good, no matter how much I disagree with them or think their points are moronic.

To me Xardob is acting different from normal, so I must say I don't suspect Lord Brutus for his suspicions towards him.
You don't suspect someone who has literally only posted "I suspect Xardob because he acts different" and absolutely nothing else?

Frisiandude has been playing quite strange and pretty much stopped posting after being confronted, seemingly only to return a few days later. Needlessly to say, I am also very suspicious of Frisiandude.
At least I half agree with you there.

Sir Hitson Winsler 2
Xardob 2
QuailLover 1
SootShade 1
Eternal 2

Have yet to vote: 4

10 minutes remaining.  If a consensus is not met...not sure what will happen, haven't thought about that...but I'm sure it will be bad, or at the least entertaining for myself.

Sir Hitson Winsler 3
Xardob 2
QuailLover 1
SootShade 1
Eternal 2

Have yet to vote: 3

The Board debated for a fairly long time, but still could reach no conclusion.  There need to be committees, and sub-committees, with special funds to investigate the aforementioned committee having bribed the sub-committee....

"NO!" Exclaimed the Stenographer. "I will have none of that. I shall make an executive decision, and proceed with the discussion."

The machine then looked at QuailLover, Sir Hitson Winsler, and FrisianDude. (Or as close as you can 'look', given that he has no eyes.

"You three have yet to contribute to the great privilege that is Democracy in this session, so as a penalty, I shall-"  Just then, the room blacked out once again, with the exception of Winslers' moniter, which was in the middle of sending an electric bolt through him.  Again, there was an awkward silence until the lights returned, and Sir Hitson Winsler was seen slowly twitching and smoldering in a corner of the room.

"...Yes, well...I meant to do that.  Now, while I run some system diagnostics and repairs (For reasons I will not explain, certainly not due to a critical system error which almost killed a Board member.), you are all free to reflect on todays proceedings."

Sir Hitson Winsler is Injured

Recess is now in session, you have 48 hours until the new voting session begins.

The Board members all eventually make your way back to the meeting hall, with the exception of Sir Histon Winsler, who was still somewhat dazed from yesterdays incident.

"Now then, I certainly hope that today shall be as peaceful and civilized as this last evening was, but with more productivity, unless you wish for Democracy to reeducate you, as it did Mr. Winsler.  You once again have until Friday, 8:00 P.M., begin."

Hmm, it looks like we don't get a normal night summary. The reason we don't have a death is because I was targeted. I'm the herbalist (chief of medicine in this case), and I chose to use my power on myself last night. I figure it's safe to say this, because it's pretty safe to assume the wolves will clue in by my continued survival.

Xardob said:
A role claim already? That was fast.

Well, not much to discuss about the night.
That's actually why I went ahead and made it. While it would have been cute to try and leave the wolves guessing on why I was still alive, the village would have had a second Day 1 to work with.

Back
Top Bottom