The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

This could explain a little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBYEXLGdSg

so what's with the cartoons of a police officer shouting 'viva' and getting looked at angrily by other lawmen? Because I just saw two different forms of it on facebook. :razz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QVLE8PQJ8#!

If you have a time, watch this, understand what is going on by protestants and many others victims.

FrisianDude said:
so what's with the cartoons of a police officer shouting 'viva' and getting looked at angrily by other lawmen? Because I just saw two different forms of it on facebook. :razz:
One was drawn in 1978, during the military dictatorship. The other, now. And it's what it looks like. The cops take just as much **** as anyone else, but they can't (or, rather, shouldn't) side with the people. So... just like any other popular protest anywhere.
Unless, of course, I'm not seeing deep enough.

Well, that I didn't know. Point is, they're told to do something, they better. If they don't want to get fired, that is.

As they're saying, "it's not about 20 cents". Still, while I understand it all, I find it hard to take seriously a wave of protests which started thanks to bus ticket costs.
Sides, it's not like anything will change, really. In a month this'll have died out and all will return to its ****ty normality.

Let's see what happens in a month then Amby. A month ago I was all like "Brazil, protesting against anything? Bahahaha!". Also don't forget small things can snowball into greater ones, so I wouldn't dispatch it as fated to die out just because of what caused the start.

OTOH I just came back from today's protests here. Unlike São Paulo, peace reigned, and there was no riot police. Though that's probably going to change in the game day.

Headmaster said:
Let's see what happens in a month then Amby. A month ago I was all like "Brazil, protesting against anything? Bahahaha!". Also don't forget small things can snowball into greater ones, so I wouldn't dispatch it as fated to die out just because of what caused the start.

OTOH I just came back from today's protests here. Unlike São Paulo, peace reigned, and there was no riot police. Though that's probably going to change in the game day.
The protestants are too heterogeneous; there's no leadership to this movement. The masses are unorganized: there's no list of immediate, clear, objective demands - there is, at best, them demanding that PEC37 doesn't pass. It probably won't, but this will only mean we don't get worse, rather than better.
Yes, they have taken the National Congress. Now what? They're just sitting there. They'll sit there until they either tire out and go home - which is likely - or the police comes and kicks their **** in, at which point people will curl to a ball, whine, moan, and won't really do anything about it.
Nothings gonna happen, and here's why: there's no something to happen. And, even if there were a big thing being called for, it won't happen without blood, and gods know how bad Brazilians are at this blood thing.

If you really believe things are gonna change I can do nothing but pity you.

I'm not believing in anything, I'd rather wait to see. Of course I know it's too heterogeneous, today I saw people complaining about too many things. But the main thing to be seen from this is that finally people amassed to protest against something. It's not clear now because they're picking up the facts, like a dormant troll wakes up and notices the many arrows pelting his back.

The change that I "believe in" (quotation because it's actually what I want to happen, I do not know what will transpire) is from now we start protesting at every arseholery the government comes up with, opposed to the common sit by and watch behavior.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly want your wishes here to actually come true, but I know they won't. Things won't change. In the next elections the people will elect the same people they did this time. The people may be actually angry right now, but if no solid leadership arises within week's time, this movement will die down with no significant repercussions.

Ambalon said:
Don't get me wrong, I honestly want your wishes here to actually come true, but I know they won't. Things won't change. In the next elections the people will elect the same people they did this time. The people may be actually angry right now, but if no solid leadership arises within week's time, this movement will die down with no significant repercussions.

How about keeping these opinions to yourself, sir? I have seen enough blood happenning over the years in Brazil, it's not the VIOLENT kind, but the people who die in the Hospitals, people who die on the GROUND in hospitals, CRIMINALS have more rights than law-bidding citizens, corrupt politicians do whatever they want, I'm a self-taught english speaker and writer, I don't have a grade mastership nor degrees, because EDUCATION in this NATION SUCKS! no my friend, I believe wholehearted THAT SOME THINGS, ARE GOING TO CHANGE, it has been long enough, and no matter how many fancy words you put together, this may seem a hopeless cause to you, but for many, more than 100000 PEOPLE believe in that EDUCATION, that HEALTHCARE are more WORTH than the ******** Fifa World Cups, for the beating they are getting from the Military Police and Shock Troopers are at least worth a BETTER future for their Children. It may seen a hopeless cause to you, but this Nation, this mother****ing "Patria" has never seen their blood brothers walk in the streets, shouting for rights in almost a century, we've been puppets for too long, this is a time for Heroes. This is not WISHES, this is RIGHTS, R.I.G.H.T.S! Politicians rob people DRY, some people lose everything, people here can't DREAM otherwise they are FOOLS, they don't live up to their own EXPECTATIONS, otherwise they are ILUDED, they are FREAKS, please, you might not know, but this is something, and your "Knowledge" offends us way too much.

Brazil might not be reborn at this age, or this time, or not today nor tomorrow, but it will, IT will be better country, maybe the country of the future, because It have so much potention within, so much, not even Glorious United States can rival with.

Yes, I have let it go, I have ranted, but if see it, your blood go in waste, the blood of your family, of your friends, go waste because the living conditions for most Brazilians is ****, you can't dream, you can't live the way you want, you must live the wat THEY want.

Darkgenius said:
How about keeping these opinions to yourself, sir?
I honestly can't read this in any way other than "don't crush my naïve dreams".
I have seen enough blood happenning over the years in Brazil, it's not the VIOLENT kind, but the people who die in the Hospitals, people who die on the GROUND in hospitals, CRIMINALS have more rights than law-bidding citizens, corrupt politicians do whatever they want, I'm a self-taught english speaker and writer, I don't have a grade mastership nor degrees, because EDUCATION in this NATION SUCKS! no my friend, I believe wholehearted THAT SOME THINGS, ARE GOING TO CHANGE, it has been long enough, and no matter how many fancy words you put together, this may seem a hopeless cause to you, but for many, more than 100000 PEOPLE believe in that EDUCATION, that HEALTHCARE are more WORTH than the ******** Fifa World Cups, for the beating they are getting from the Military Police and Shock Troopers are at least worth a BETTER future for their Children.
I don't disagree with you on any of those points. Also, spare me the ad populum.
It may seen a hopeless cause to you, but this Nation, this mother****ing "Patria" has never seen their blood brothers walk in the streets, shouting for rights in almost a century, we've been puppets for too long, this is a time for Heroes. This is not WISHES, this is RIGHTS, R.I.G.H.T.S! Politicians rob people DRY, some people lose everything, people here can't DREAM otherwise they are FOOLS, they don't live up to their own EXPECTATIONS, otherwise they are ILUDED, they are FREAKS, please, you might not know, but this is something, and your "Knowledge" offends us way too much.
You are clearly too emotional about this to write a a real argument. All you're telling me is how ****ty things are, which I know. Getting emotional about it changes nothing.
Brazil might not be reborn at this age, or time, or not today nor tomorrow, but it will, IT will be better country
And you know this how?

Back
Top Bottom