The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bromden said:
That's way too complicated. Why don't they just put two small and sturdy cameras in the upper corners of the... goal-gate-thing? (By the way, what's the proper english name of the goal-gate-thing?)

Maybe because they're going to jack up the price of those two cameras to insane levels just like that one chip that costs 250,000 euro, or that half a million camera system that tracks a white ass multicoloured ball on a green surface to see if it crosses a cleanly defined line or not.

I'm pretty sure there are people out there that can do this for less.

There are the posts (ie the sides) and the crossbar is the top bar. We just call them "the goals". And if the ball hits them, we tend to say, besides the aforementioned of course, "the woodwork" or "frame of the goal". No fancy words, really.

Bromden said:
That's way too complicated. Why don't they just put two small and sturdy cameras in the upper corners of the... goal-gate-thing?

That probably wouldn't end well. Even if the cameras are super sturdy. It might be worth a try, but I can imagine that it could displaced hundreds of different ways.

I didn't expect a fancy word, more like something simple instead, like "gate" or "football gate" as in Hungarian. "The goals" sounds a bit like a sitcom title.

That probably wouldn't end well. Even if the cameras are super sturdy. It might be worth a try, but I can imagine that it could displaced hundreds of different ways.
It could be made with a sturdy socket with cheap disposable/swappable cameras, or the cameras themselves could be built into the bars without anything hanging out.

argentina-cake.png

Back
Top Bottom