RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

rgcotl said:
no that is not actually
we still lack of research about thems :sad:

but so far they used something similar to linothorax (just it was made from leather)
they had something similar to cardiophylax
they had chainmail
and they even had bronze breastplates

the diference is that they dont had thems so much in a scale of army

I'll put my men on getting source material/ideas for you.

God I love leading people.

prev_coolus_helmet.png

I apologise if this is the wrong place but I couldn't find a thread that displayed unfinished previews. After seeing Ej777's post on how the Roman shields could do with an update I decided to go ahead and make one, I've still got a bit of work to do on it.

kQm1MJh.png

Do disregard the jagged lines around the edges, that's just the lighting and because the shield is curved.

well but that shield do not really looks smooth
i mean when u doing shields u should do it low poly but also quite smooth so when it is with normal maps no one really should see that it is made from few triangles

rgcotl said:
well but that shield do not really looks smooth
i mean when u doing shields u should do it low poly but also quite smooth so when it is with normal maps no one really should see that it is made from few triangles
It actually is quite smooth, it's just because of the camera angle and lighting that makes it look rough around the edges, plus it has smooth shading on so that may have affected your view on it.
Ej777 said:
Oh I forgot to say, Volkonski is a modeller if you want another one. He's actually quite good when it comes to shields.
I wouldn't say that, I'm average at best. And I'm not good at shields, this is my first attempt at one (well first attempt that actually resembles a shield.

Hmm, ok I'll work on getting it a lot smoother (shouldn't be a problem). Anyway apologies for the double update but here is the improved version.

k0R1okb.png

I'll stop posting more of these and come back with the finished product, if you like the end result I will gladly donate it.

could be more smooth
i mean smooth not by line number but by the vertex position with is on it
just checked the p3d model lol
do u understand that the rule is that every vertex has to do something (yours is 1 of 4 doing somehting others just wasting space)

I don't know where to post this information, but an interview with Seek (and about RaW) is now available on Mundus Bellicus (french website)

The interview is translated into English here : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/showthread.php?7632-Entretien-avec-Seek-n-Destroy-%28Fr-Eng%29&p=144055&viewfull=1#post144055

but the French original is here : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/showthread.php?7632-Entretien-avec-Seek-n-Destroy-%28Fr-Eng%29&p=144054&viewfull=1#post144054

Back
Top Bottom