[MAP] [WiP] Caribbean

Users who are viewing this thread

My next map!

Code:
scn_scene_4 scene_4 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000150038980000fffff000058340000637a0000399b 
 sea_outer_terrain_2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6kozqz

34xkh0i.png

Info:
I'm making it for Persistent Worlds but I really wait for Persistent Frontier (because of firearms). I don't really want to see on my map pirates with bows :razz:
Work in progress :grin:

Map info:
Size: Huge
Factions: 4?
Ships: A lot of
Trade routes: Yes
Hidden locations: Aye!

Moar screenshoots:
6s476s.jpg

2iawx87.jpg

29zejom.png

I was doing a map somewhat similar, but I ended up with a size problem, the map wasn't big enough so I couldn't make it as I wanted to.

As a mapper for PF, you might want to ask Austro about mapping for him. You will need the latest PF version and there are also many specifications that your map would have to meet such as 2 indian camps, 3 forts with one unjoinable as well as safe spawns, so many chopable trees around each fort etc, etc.  Now if you mean that you intend to run a server for PF, that is out of the question at the moment as Austro does not want a community split and is only allowing 3 official servers to run.  Release date is set to Saturday June 22nd at 3 est.

Not so much, he's just very picky and wants things done to his specifications to fit with the game I guess.  I'd still ask him though if you are interested in having him use your map.

I added the map to my server(called Namakans_Server),but its just a small server(8 slots)and its not on PW the whole time,Im playing other mods too.So,you can test it there,but if the server isnt online,dont flame me .

So far I havent noticed any bugs.

Hm, the fact that you need ships though, can easily lead to problems when there isn't an admin around

I Had a scene like this made for my server when i ran Trojan. It didn't work out because of trolls and you will need to have admins online 24/7 to reset boats.

Edit:
A way to make it work would be to connect all the island via shallow water so people can walk to each island.

Back
Top Bottom