The NSA Scandal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Both of the arrested men were like German citizens. The first apparently made contact with the US embassy on his own, wanting to like, sell documents. The second worked in the Ministry of Defence, some sources state he was like totally an officer, others that he was like totally a civilian - there are like no details yet on exactly how he was like totally recruited.

Jhessail said:
Both of the arrested men were like German citizens. The first apparently made contact with the US embassy on his own, wanting to like, sell documents. The second worked in the Ministry of Defence, some sources state he was like totally an officer, others that he was like totally a civilian - there are like no details yet on exactly how he was like totally recruited.

I notice you are like, using the word "like" a lot lately. First you go "like" and I'm like "woah, she sure likes like a lot, like massively." Is this all part of your new Pretty Princess persona?

I don't think these guys would try freelancing that stuff at an embassy, they are probably just being hung out to dry.

Sir Saladin said:
Jhessail said:

I notice you are like, using the word "like" a lot lately. First you go "like" and I'm like "woah, she sure likes like a lot, like massively." Is this all part of your new Pretty Princess persona?

I don't think these guys would try freelancing that stuff at an embassy, they are probably just being hung out to dry.

I also like, totally noticed that Jhessail has adopted a really *****in' avatar! Its so awesome, its like . . . freakin' me out! For sure!

Speaking about reasons for the US to spy on Germany:
James Kirchick argues in "The Daily Beast" the reasons are Germany trading with Russia, Germany trading with Iran, the 9/11 guys lived in Hamburg and because it helps Germany as well.
James Lewis of the Center for Strategic and International Studies says it's because Germany trading with China and former chancellor Schröder working for Gazprom these days being a sign of... something? Oh and Germany apparently "selling military tech to enemies".

Soooo yeah, "institutional paranoia" and "if you're not with us you're against us".
Good to be a second class partner then :lol:

I find it amusing how countless German Politicians declare that Germany will never ever trust the US Government again and will break Diplomatic Contact.....
We all saw how fast Citizens and Politicians in Germany lost the interest in the NSA Scandal

Wellenbrecher said:
Speaking about reasons for the US to spy on Germany:
James Kirchick argues in "The Daily Beast" the reasons are Germany trading with Russia, Germany trading with Iran, the 9/11 guys lived in Hamburg and because it helps Germany as well.

They are only doing it for your own good, you naughty children.

German news medium Der Spiegel says it has filed a criminal complaint
with the German Federal Prosecutors office wherein it claims its journalists were the victims of a spying campaign by the US government (CIA).

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/03/politics/germany-media-spying-obama-administration/index.html
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/3/8889395/us-spied-journalists-germany-der-spiegel-lawsuit
http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2015/07/03/germany-wants-quick-clarification-of-new-nsa-spy-allegations

It was leaked information from Edward Snowden that revealed the spying on Angela Merkel back in 2013,
and now documents from Wikileaks supposedly reveal spying on the press too - Der Spiegel.

the NSA was eavesdropping not only on Merkel, but in some capacity on Germany's free press as well, namely DER SPIEGEL

A pointless lawsuit, since the US would just claim sovereign immunity. Yay for grandstanding.

Yes, the lawsuit itself is uninteresting.
What's interesting is this is the first case where spying on journalists might have taken place.
Controlling journalism/media is a key component for any repressive government.

Maybe you wanted to say it is one of the first examples of the us doing it to be so publicized, but even that i find doubtful.

Is there anyone else who think its a bit awkward that Snowden decided to seek asylum in Russia?

I mean yeah, his intentions were probably good, but seeking asylum in a country that breaks the same laws even more than the U.S kind of makes him look bad.

P.S. I hope "Seeking asylum" was the correct phrase.

Back
Top Bottom