LSP Medieval 3D Art Sly's Armour Pack WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
I've been inspired by the 3D artists of the Warband community, and I wanted to throw in some of my own creations for the community. Thank you Narf for the metal texture, I haven't found any better free metal texture that looks good on my models as yours does. Thank you Dejawolf for the coifs, they really enhance the looks on my helmets.

(Moderation: You will need to determine other authors like Narf and gain their permission for commercial use of their contributions. Everything else can be considered OSP.)

The Spangen Helmet

The Geonese Crossbowman Sallet

15th-16th century Spiraled Kettle-Hat

Spangen Helmet #2

The mod is finished and uploaded on to Nexus. Download below:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/5793/?

Thank you for the kind words. Your posts are what keeps me going. I have been making some progress, but I have to see if Dejawolf will allow me to borrow his coifs for my salet. If not, then I'll have to make my own coifs to use.

Not bad, right? The result made me very happy. I'll post in-game pics tomorrow, and then I'll see if I can rescue my Spangen Helmet.

Well I hope you like it. I released my first version of the Geonese Salet. Expect more Armour to come!

Download it at Nexus-

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/5793/?tab=5&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddiscussions%3Fid%3D5793

Slytacular said:
I've been inspired by the 3D artists of the Warband community, and I wanted to throw in some of my own creations for the community. Thank you Narf for the metal texture, I haven't found any better free metal texture that looks good on my models as yours does. Thank you Dejawolf for the coifs, they really enhance the looks on my helmets.

mb6-4_zpsfa467af1.jpg
The Spangen Helmet

My first helmet, and I need to fix the UV Mapping on it for the textures to show clearly. It was very complex with the individual pieces, and I have rage quit to start on the other.

The Geonese Crossbowman Sallet

The sallet that replaced the bascinet in the mid-1500s. The function of the helmet was to protect the user from incoming vertical strikes and blows. The Geonese Crossbowman Sallet is the early Italian style helmet that was created before the later well known German Sallet.

Medieval-Infantry-Genoese.jpg

It's finished and uploaded on to Nexus. Download below:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/5793/?tab=5&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddiscussions%3Fid%3D5793
I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTT!  :grin:
But, do you make possible Mouth revealed ver?
I think so It original ver feel arabian...

Awesome! Thank you.

Turns out I can rescue my Spangen helmet, but I screwed up on the cheek guards, and I will have to redo those. I am fixing up the model right now, and I'll be working on UV mapping. Post some pics of helmets I can do. I would like some ideas on what to do next.

Besides saying that helmet looks sweet, which it does, anyone care to explain how to install it? that goes for all item packs in general, and trust me I wouldn't be asking if I had found one decent tutorial out there. I tried guessing on my own and ended up messing some of the old textures. Help plox?

Chuckpalomo said:
Besides saying that helmet looks sweet, which it does, anyone care to explain how to install it? that goes for all item packs in general, and trust me I wouldn't be asking if I had found one decent tutorial out there. I tried guessing on my own and ended up messing some of the old textures. Help plox?
I'll take a gander at your post

Remember: this is a modder's resource, not a mod itself.

highly recommended programs:
Peazip/WinZip
openBRF
notepad++ or similar for editing file details

First download the pack
You must have a extracting program like Peazip and know how to use it to extract the zipped file once downloaded

The contents in the Resource folder goes into the Resource Folder of the Module you are working with

The contents in the Textures folder goes into the Textures Folder of the Module you are working with
also for Textures you must go into the module.ini file in the Module folder and set the resource to load to show up correctly in openBRF program: in module.ini while editing in notepad or a similar program: load_mod_resource = mod_resource_OSP (where mod_resource_OSP is the actual name of the BRF file so in this example it would be: load_mod_resource = sly_armour  this will load the resource in openBRF program.
To add ingame you will have to learn to edit the in-module item_kinds1 .txt file or the more preffered method of mine is coding them in by pythonic coding of modding. (Go to the forge board on this site to learn more)

Hope this helps it is really technical stuff.

Back
Top Bottom