THE REALM
nvak.jpg
Overall vision of the map (with icons)
DISABLED

Screenshots made with Cinematic Compilation mod
CONTENT:  New Version 944Kb 15-10-13
Slot: scn_scene_11.sco
Code:
scn_scene_11 scene_11 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d23480000321e0000734300002863
sea_outer_terrain_1
Downloadable map file https://www.dropbox.com/s/v31mj9s9jxkkain/scn_scene_11.sco

- Credits must be given to myself as the maker of the map.
- Free to make any minor changes to the map
- The map must be called Dusk of a Kingdom or (DoaK) in your server's strings.txt
- Only tested by me, maybe more balanced version in the future.

-1 Big Castle
-2 Ruined castle
-1 Abbey
-2 Villages
-1 Town
-2 Ruined Tower
-2 Mines
-2 Docks
-2 Abandoned Outpost
-3 Caves
-1 Shop of clothes
-1 Armory
-2 Big Forest
-1 Horse farm

MAJOR LOCATIONS

twsl.jpg
The great castle where the lords of the realm control all the valley, or at least it is supposed.
Population needed : High
Oriented faction : Military/serf
Facilities : access to all weapons and armours.
                workshop inside walls.
                the prision is another keep inside walls.
                6 capturable points
                strategical position, control the crossroads at center of the scene.

Penalties : Big castle to defend
                3  sides of the external wall has to be build.
                1  buildable siege ladder at prision keep.
                1  buildable siege ladder at Nordheim keep.​

old version screens
2013060300017.jpg
2013060300013.jpg
2013060300018.jpg

xnb1.jpg
The pagans and the unfaitfhul walk acros the realm, bothering our god. We have to guide the weak mind in the throne for the good of the kingdom.
Population needed : Low
Oriented faction :Clergy/Serfs
Facilities : has the library the only one at scene.
              3 capturable points.
Penalties :2 buildable siege ladders.​

old version screens
2013060200006.jpg
2013060300020.jpg

gwpk.jpg

The stronghold that was stopping the invasors from the north throughout centuries, today still continues being a headquarters, but not in the control of kingdom..
Population needed : Mid
Oriented faction : Military
Facilities : Access to the most variety of horses.
              3 capturable points.
Penalties : 2  buildable siege ladders.
                the stables are open to anyone.
                big castle to defend.

old version screens
2013060200004g.jpg

2013060300021.jpg

er58.jpg

To the south the ruins of Old port has been the home of travelers, sailors and some pirates.
Oriented faction :Military
Facilities :3 capturable points.
                access to the docks.
Penalties :1  buildable siege ladder.
                backdoor at ruins.
                the main tower have a destructible wood door.

old version screens
2013060300022.jpg

2013060300023.jpg

g8cl.jpg

To the West the Pinecrest Village survive with the hunting and the trade with iron, a good defended tower make the village secured.
Oriented faction :Serf
Facilities :2 capturable points.
            an important part of the village walls need to be build.
            exposed houses outside the walls.

old version screens
2013060200008o.jpg

2013060300024.jpg

5aqi.jpg
To the Southeast Dusturil Village stands out from the old forest close to a mines , a tower with reinforced wood wall protect this
village.
Oriented faction :Serf
Facilities :2 capturable points.
              an important part of the village walls need to be build.
              one side of the village don't have walls.

old version screens
2013060300019.jpg

2013060300025.jpg

Tips
-Different Classes for each faction, based on the rol of the stronghold.
-Each faction has a limited variety of weapons and armour.
-Armory located in the outer courtyard of central castle, is the greatest
place for all types of weapons and armors.
-Export items are Taxed an linked to the castles gold chest.
-The factions strongholds can be improved using wood with engineer skill
for building new walls and protections.
-capturable points for faction:
Village  = 2cp.
R. castle = 3cp.
Abbey    = 3cp.
B. castle = 6cp.

Ara que m'hi fixo, potser hi han algunes zones una mica buides no? Sense arbres ni res. Mira-ho, potser ho pots millorar encara mès.

Salva said:
What is the scene code?
scn_scene_11 scene_11 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d23480000321e0000734300002863
Z0mbiN3 said:
Ara que m'hi fixo, potser hi han algunes zones una mica buides no? Sense arbres ni res. Mira-ho, potser ho pots millorar encara mès.
me trobat amb una trava, si el arxiu arriba als 891kb el warband peta, per aixo molts dels interiors estan amb poca decoració.

salut!

Hi all,

What can I say, this is a marvellous work. A huge map full of details and a lot of working hours in there.

Thanks Almo for this new masterpiece. I hope we could test it on some server. You could write a story to play with

Salu2 :-]

PD: and remember...never underestimate a naked opponent
almos+deadly+kick.gif

I've seen quite a few scenes, but this one impressed me: the creative and detailed architecture, immersive scenery, interesting use of often-under-utilized mod features, and general scene making technical skill. I'm guessing Skyrim gave some inspiration :smile:.

But here are a few problems I noticed:
  • Firstly, there are many pw_ scene props incorrectly linked, as shown by these error messages on server start; these cause various bridges, walls, ladders, and portcullises not to work properly (remember that all bridges need two linked footings). They are also listed when loading the scene in editing mode: as the F1 help screen says, press F8 to cycle between the positions of all unlinked props.
  • It doesn't seem possible to target the salted fish stockpile in Bredby tavern.
  • The invisible teleport door on the inside of the room with priestly clothing at the iron abbey is a bit too far forward of the visible door - it is possible to walk behind it from the side and become confused about how to exit the room.
  • It is not possible to become the "lord of the commoners" in the iron abbey main church - use a gothic_chair scene prop if you don't intend it to be a training station.
This is not an exhaustive list; I haven't looked into the economic aspect of the scene, or anything else. I mainly just had to wander around to check out the scenery and architecture :wink:.

Thanks, gun****.
you know how many times i lost the file or been corrupted.
nice video, cursed tricks of gun**** :razz:

Thanks for the feedback Vornne,
don´t know the bridges need 2 linked footings. (now is fixed)
yes i made with the influence of many games :wink:

i have a problem with the file size, there is a limitation for a scene? found one cap at 891kb but today seems i can move to more without crashing.

all scripts errors fixed except:
Unlinked scene prop instance: 1123 kind: 1741 link id: 29-only valid if this prop has not been added since loading the scene.
Unlinked scene prop instance: 924 kind: 1746 link id: 26-only valid if this prop has not been added since loading the scene.

Can't see the object, and don't know what's meaning 1123kind 1741link id: 29 in the position at map only can see a great stone structure and none scene prop unlinked around.

We are going to try it today, it is a beautiful map. 

Update:  So far so good, everyone is adventuring enough to not be randoming, no one has complained to change it or anything like other maps we have tried.  People having hard time finding commoner classes though like serf and such.  70 happy players.

Edit #2: Doors are locked for training rooms, players have been crying over it.  We had to use admin lock picks to fix em. 

Nimueh said:
We are going to try it today, it is a beautiful map. 

Update:  So far so good, everyone is adventuring enough to not be randoming, no one has complained to change it or anything like other maps we have tried.  People having hard time finding commoner classes though like serf and such.  70 happy players.

Edit #2: Doors are locked for training rooms, players have been crying over it.  We had to use admin lock picks to fix em.

Note: There are 10  lock picks placed at the map, 6 of them close to Commoners and 4 more at Outlaws all Purchasable, but expensive.
Serf classes are only Available at: Pinecrest Village - Dusturil Vilage - Iron Abbey

Will look for the server now :wink:
Thank you and your teammates  for Hosting the map ^^

Salut!

Almogaver said:
Unlinked scene prop instance: 1123 kind: 1741 link id: 29-only valid if this prop has not been added since loading the scene.
Unlinked scene prop instance: 924 kind: 1746 link id: 26-only valid if this prop has not been added since loading the scene.

Can't see the object, and don't know what's meaning 1123kind 1741link id: 29 in the position at map only can see a great stone structure and none scene prop unlinked around.
Look directly up: the F8 "move to unlinked position" script uses agent_set_position, which is hard coded to move onto whatever collision surface is at or directly underneath the position, meaning that for props with the origin slightly below the surface they appear to be placed on, the game will look for and use a surface possibly far below (or "wrap around" to the terrain above if there is nothing downwards for a long distance).

The "scene prop kind" means the type in the editor list and module_scene_props.py, like "pw_wooden_bridge_a" or "viking_keep_destroy", except it is the number (id) used by the game rather than the name: you can find out what a particular scene prop kind id is by building the appropriate PW module system with the -i option passed to build_module.py in build_module.bat, to generate all the ID_ files - look in ID_scene_props.py of the module system directory after building. From doing that myself for PW 4.2.0 (numbers would change most versions) kind 1741 is spr_pw_siege_wall_a, and kind 1746 is spr_pw_siege_shield_a; the link id is the number you put in value 2 to specify which other prop(s) to link with; the instance id is just a unique number given to every scene prop placed in the scene (including spawned and dropped items).

Back
Top Bottom