Bug Reports: 1.6 (Alpha)

Users who are viewing this thread

It's highly situational - I've had problems where the merchant is standing right under a torch inside the tavern with his face swirled in shadows. I've been playing with the graphics settings and the faces seem to be alright in battles, but bread has disappeared once again.

Oh, and the source isn't updated for 1.6, so I can't deploy some of my own fixes.

Another gameplay issue - drowning seems to be working, but I've been able to dodge drowning and heavy armor reduces the damage. It should really ignore armor and take away percentage health slightly faster than what I can regen with heroic health.
At 25% the trees are drawn while the ground beneath them are culled
tree.jpg

While attacking a caravan, a bunch (3-5) of the merc cav was just standing still in a wedge, not responding to attacks until dismounted
Some horse archers still use bows in melee - I'm using Ronins, and a bunch of them are running around bumping into caravan guards with their bows out. Probably just the weapon switching code not triggering often enough, or horse archer AI ranged priority conflicts.

dinar.jpg

Caravan master is naked and oiled up, since he doesn't have enough strength to wear coat of plates
Town Merchants start using equipment being sold to them

lots of dinars where there should be denars (see above screenshot with caravan master, also used for enterprises)

There's a bunch of Native issues with routed enemies (like bandits always travelling to some swadian castle, not actually rejoining the garrison), but I've been able to defeat a caravan, then chase down the routed enemy and got him to surrender alongside two nearby Rhodok lords. Either change the dialog power calculations to consider attached allies or prevent them from joining on the side of the routed enemies.

Just put in the new patch. Unfortunately the invisible goods bug previously mentioned persists. Also it's present with the tunic with vest item.

Unfortunately the invisible goods bug previously mentioned persists.
Will get that dealt with asap.

It's highly situational - I've had problems where the merchant is standing right under a torch inside the tavern with his face swirled in shadows. I've been playing with the graphics settings and the faces seem to be alright in battles,
So there's some issue with the interior lighting and faces, or is it just the LODs?

Oh, and the source isn't updated for 1.6, so I can't deploy some of my own fixes.
My apologies, I haven't updated it yet.  Wanted to get through the shader issues first and foremost.

Figured out what was up with the bread disappearing, pretty sure that fixed it.  Weird contextual thing, kind of surprised I didn't see it over here, too.

I'll post up the next patch now, gotta go deal with RL for a bit but I'll be back to squish more bugs asap.  Oh, and yeah, you can duel Lords right now, but it's basically just the cheat version turned on permanently, so please ignore it.

Stubborn bug this invisible goods one. Patch 2 has it. Good part though is I see the tunic with vest items now.

xenoargh said:
Cannot reproduce the banner-for-troops-is-missing bug; I set a banner, am not seeing any errors on the overhead circles for troops.

I tried uninstalling Warband and Blood & Steel and downloading them anew, but still the overhead circles are blank.  I tried different resolutions and graphics settings to no avail.

It's maddening because this issue has never happened before with yours or any other mod.  :sad:

Testing in Native shows my banners working perfectly.

This is what it looks like:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkWcfz3zjc&feature=youtu.be

The white banner is just from not having selected a banner yet

With regards to the naked caravan master, it's just script_refresh_center_inventories clearing his equipment slots and then filling it with trade goods (and a flanged mace for some reason). I also don't feel like making all caravan masters share the same inventory is a good idea - the player can encounter another caravan and find the same items he just sold an hour before. This also means that you can recruit tons of caravan masters and equip them like custom troops until their inventory gets reset again

Might have found a possible lead with the invisible goods bug. Selecting the affected items produces a black silhouette. I have a screenshot showing how the iron looks.
L82ifWz.jpg

GK_JaXm said:
Somebody said:

When you "dont select a banner yet", it comes up as the 4 way default banner of blue and red squares... At least for me it does

Correct.  I have a banner, certainly, and it appears normally on the campaign map.  It's only in battle that banners do not show:  not the default one, not mine, nor other lords' troops.

MelanieWard said:
GK_JaXm said:
Somebody said:

When you "dont select a banner yet", it comes up as the 4 way default banner of blue and red squares... At least for me it does

Correct.  I have a banner, certainly, and it appears normally on the campaign map.  It's only in battle that banners do not show:  not the default one, not mine, nor other lords' troops.

Yea sounds like a bug to me, since it is local to you only, seems it might be some sort of issue with your install....

When you "Uninstalled/Reinstalled", did you be sure to go into the installed directory and manually remove any leftover items in Program Files? Also check in "My Documents" as well as your temp files

I'll try clearing everything everywhere.  Honestly, if the banners weren't working in every other mod (including Blood & Steel 1.54) I'd not even have mentioned it as a bug.  But it's specific to the new build.

I doubt it's install related. I've posted a screen relating to that issue. Something in this version is boogering it up. 1.5 didn't have that problem.

It's probably a shader issue still occurring on your hardware specifically. 

I think I know what it is; I'll write a fix for it tonight and we'll see if it resolves the bug.

Here, download and install these; let's see if that resolves the bug with certain items not drawing. 

Basically, this gets rid of some of the far-distance clipping stuff I built; I think that on your hardware (I've noticed that your screens are just barely DX9, you're running very minimal graphics compared to me) that certain hardware flags are getting set that boogered the shader up.  This should fix it; if not, there are a couple of other things I can look at.

Now, as for the banners... I'm really confused, and I need to see a screenshot.  Over here, I captured a castle, picked out a banner, and my troops have my banner up above them on the circle.  You're telling me that it's blank.  I need to see that; "blank" might mean that it's not drawing at all, or that it's drawing, but incorrectly, or that something on the script side is somehow not working for you in a particularly edge-case-ish way.  To figure that out, I need more info.  Or it could be that that shader fix in the link resolves the issue, in which case I'll just junk that code for now.

I can't tell if using the files from that link did anything. I don't think it did. The banner icons in battle still show blank. Screenshot produced:
AKHEwKY.jpg
This other one shows Matheid with some bright wild hair. I don't know if it's shader or my settings but I figure I post.
G7iL6Dl.jpg

Re-posting earlier comment, Xenoargh.  As you will note from the video clip, the graphical settings are near maximum on a powerful computer.

MelanieWard said:
xenoargh said:
Cannot reproduce the banner-for-troops-is-missing bug; I set a banner, am not seeing any errors on the overhead circles for troops.

I tried uninstalling Warband and Blood & Steel and downloading them anew, but still the overhead circles are blank.  I tried different resolutions and graphics settings to no avail.

It's maddening because this issue has never happened before with yours or any other mod.  :sad:

Testing in Native shows my banners working perfectly.

This is what it looks like:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkWcfz3zjc&feature=youtu.be

OK, so the banners are not drawing at all.  Same as the bread. 

Will take another look at this bug  for sure.  I'm very puzzled at this point, the shader that bread and some of the other supplies use is a very simple shader, there's just about only one thing left to change that might affect visibility.  Weird.

Back
Top Bottom