Crusader Kings 2 Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

There's a 75% sale on Gamersgate's Crusader Kings II (where I bought it, and yes it runs smoothly with Steam versions in multiplayer) for another four hours. Just be aware that you will have to buy all the DLCs from GG as well if you buy it there - but it's mostly noticeably cheaper on GG than on Steam.

EDIT: Or is it only when you've bought the DLC? Well, to be honest I don't know now.

I read 10:00 GMT-7. So, you know, don't hold your breath. :p

I have too much work so regrettably I won't be able to join you gentlemen.

I'd say you do need the DLC. I'm skeptical of Thorkell's comment, as don't all players need the same chexum?

Anyway! I hope the DLC gets modded asap and brought into CKII+ or the Prince and Thane mod!

Well, each DLC also comes with a global patch, so I imagine at the very least everyone can play even if only those who own the DLC can play as pagans.

I'd still doubt it. As ToG changes and adds more than just playing as Scandinavian pagans. The start date has been brought back by 200 years and you can still play as anyone. Not just Pagans and therefore everyone is affected by the DLC and updates, so I'd imagine everyone will need the DLC for the new chexsum.

I think you can still play even if you do not own the Old Gods DLC, I believe you can still play with people who are starting at 867 and are have the DLC, I think though if you are playing and you do not have the DLC, you will not be able to play as Pagans, just Christians of Muslims, so I think for those that want to play Pagans should, for the safe side so you are not disappointed in case I am right, should get the DLC.

PotatoPower said:
Must say i want to play as pagans, but is it a problem since i bought it on steam?

No, should not be a problem, I have it on steam yet can still play with people who bought CK2 on Gamersgate just fine. However, the Old Gods DLC is not avaliable to pre-order on steam, from what I can see, so I would recommend you buy the Old Gods DLC on the Paradox webshop, if you do not want to wait and you want to make sure you have it rather then wait for steam.

It says I have the Old Gods DLC, but it's not showing up in my checkum. The Norse Portraits and Unit pack is, though. D:

Edit: I tried the product code again, and it says it's still not released. Really, Paradox, really?

Hugh Higgins said:
It says I have the Old Gods DLC, but it's not showing up in my checkum. The Norse Portraits and Unit pack is, though. D:

Edit: I tried the product code again, and it says it's still not released. Really, Paradox, really?

I just had a quick look on the forums and the DLC has been officially released, it might just be the case steam is late, I have no idea.

EDIT: Had another look, and it says the release is for 7pm CEST (6pm BST).

Takeda_Shingen said:
Hugh Higgins said:

I just had a quick look on the forums and the DLC has been officially released, it might just be the case steam is late, I have no idea.

We might have to wait until 5 or 6. D:

Hugh Higgins said:
Takeda_Shingen said:
Hugh Higgins said:

Yeah, check my editied comment, it says on the CK2 forums it will be released on May 28th 7pm CEST (meaning 6pm BST)
We might have to wait until 5 or 6. D:

Back
Top Bottom