Goodbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Grunwalder said:
Ebu Deyyus said:
i dont wish ya any luck, only i hope you get wounded in hand or your feet get crushed under a tank's tracks before you get into some real action so they would send you home and still pay you..

Wouldn't do that. The care is atrocious. Was in my time, and I don't bet it's gotten any better.

And hoo boy. You'd assume a simple 'good luck' would do for this thread...  :neutral:

Wouldn't be much a thread then, 7 pages of good luck!  :lol:

Redcoat - Mic said:
Grunwalder said:
Ebu Deyyus said:
i dont wish ya any luck, only i hope you get wounded in hand or your feet get crushed under a tank's tracks before you get into some real action so they would send you home and still pay you..

Wouldn't do that. The care is atrocious. Was in my time, and I don't bet it's gotten any better.

And hoo boy. You'd assume a simple 'good luck' would do for this thread...  :neutral:

Wouldn't be much a thread then, 7 pages of good luck!  :lol:

Might just keep him alive, knowing he has a forum to come back to.

HardCode said:
Good luck over there 0cool. And don't worry, most people over the age of 25 or so understand. But let the young ones rant. The people in this country who actually have earned themselves something to lose understand. It's the young, or those who never bothered to earn anything, are the ones that will give you a hard time.
And what exactly do you understand?

I'm not some kind of idealistic dreamer, you know. In fact, I'm a banker--I make money by working to earn my employers money at the expense of others. My professional activities occasionally contribute to inflation and worsen the distribution of income--in a small way, but if no-one were willing to work for financial institutions then the global economy would actually be healthier. People like the shareholders in my bank should not be able to earn money while people like me money shuffle money, bonds and stocks around for them without even producing anything. I'm not proud of this job, but, you know, I have bills to pay.

Honestly, when someone comes along and starts saying that everybody who disagrees with them must be children or in university, they sound like an ass. Especially when they start making categorical statements about, say, Iraq, despite being seemingly ignorant of the Middle East.

whats the war about? oil or defending america whilst shooting the british/iraq troops.

Edit: is it the same war which the american aircraft shot the britsh after being told NOT to or a different one, i don't remeber. ohh and goodluck.

Good luck mate. There is a tiny chance that you might day, but it is in fact negligible. You know with all this philosophising there is no more of you going to war because you want to serve your country and the rest. If you are against the war you are to vote against it, but still go to war and help your country as much as you can. Rather than just pointless sophism.

Morgoth2005 said:
Good luck mate. There is a tiny chance that you might day, but it is in fact negligible. You know with all this philosophising there is no more of you going to war because you want to serve your country and the rest. If you are against the war you are to vote against it, but still go to war and help your country as much as you can. Rather than just pointless sophism.

What? First off I have lost 3 of my best friends in Iraq. 2nd There are a lot of people enlisting right now, however the news doesn't want you to know. I'm not against the war......Some soldiers are but we fight anyway. And to who ever said that the army isn't the best place to be to make change...Maybe but its a start. My last day is Oct 31 by the way.

0cool said:
What? First off I have lost 3 of my best friends in Iraq. 2nd There are a lot of people enlisting right now, however the news doesn't want you to know. I'm not against the war......Some soldiers are but we fight anyway. And to who ever said that the army isn't the best place to be to make change...Maybe but its a start. My last day is Oct 31 by the way.

[First off, my wars are my own. I don't pass judgment anymore. I fought my wars, and am done with them now]

From what I've learned and experienced, the army doesn't change much except you. You may well be a different person when it's all said and done.

And Oct 31st? Ouch! The winters there are practically nothing, but it's the only relief you get man. You're SOL there. Spring doesn't really exist there- it's just hot. My sympathies on that matter.

I'm just going to stick with a good luck. If you think you are doing something and making an effort than that is something to at the very least be proud of. I know I would never have the courage to join the armed forces and admire you for doing so.

Good luck man,i just finished a 13 monther in afghanistan and one piece of advice, cant get proper tea out there for love nor money.

If I don't get a litre or two of strong, sweet tea in me each day, I am prone to start shaking uncontrollably. Am I addicted? :???:

Back
Top Bottom