Remove lord of the rings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh yeah you explained that to me in game, I just got sad when people kept picking Hornburg of Helms Deep defense for polls :sad:

The Nutty Pig said:
usnavy30 said:
The Nutty Pig said:
Lol why would you remove Lord of the Rings? Best Faction.
:wink:
You know it is true
In that case you must try v11 alpha for the Combined faction..its amazing progress.

Windbusche said:
Then make a faction called 'everything else', since I need to be able to swap between every class.
Combined Everything Full Invasion 2 Faction? :grin:

It is our end goal for a new faction for variety now.

Make the classes more diverse, not by weapons, but by stats too. Everyone feels like they swing, walk, and die the at the same speed and most of the swords have the same stats (weapon speed: 100, Reach: 120). Make 'em all unique and different and i'm sure many of the more "serious" players (aka butthurt ones, its okay i'm one of them too) will enjoy LOTR more.

In fact, I like to think of LOTR combined like a WIP Empire faction.

I don't understand why would you devs be removing LotR Combined (Middle-Earth), it allows those who don't like some specific race/class/etc. to choose one of their liking (like I hate elves, snobby little bastards).

If anything those single factions of the Lotr should be removed (Defender ones Mordor/Isengard/Elves/Rohan+Elves/etc.) since some of those factions are missing stuff that are in Middle-Earth and vice versa.
Now you guys have two places to update and watch everytime you want to add something for some faction. For example Mordor gets Black Uruk, you need to check both Mordor and Middle-Earth Mordor to add it.
What about Rohan and Elves? They have 3 teams to look out, separate Rohan and separate Elves, Rohan+Elves and Middle-Earth.

Another thing that could be good or bad idea is how people shout that Greeks/Rome/Imperial Legions are overplayed/bad/****/too little variety(Thats me)/etc.
Why not combine all those three into one massive some Ancient faction because each of them differ so little from each other in the end.
Once again people could decide one they like, if server is holding event for Rome fighting admins could give and enforce orders.

Also 7 Years of War could be just one faction with countries as classes. Same thing for Napoleon.
Also map list could be alphabetical, its nightmare to look out some favourite map. Those old Helms deeps/hornbugs could have tag something to define them being first and propably buggy maps like: (old gold/nostalgia map) or something.
And as a last note: You guys could add some other weaponry to Anglo-Zulu. Swords/bayonets and Henry Martini Rifle without bayonet.
It looks dumb British Empire soldiers scavenging from the dead Zulu men stolen BRITISH Henry Martinis which have no bayonets just because it shoots faster and is more accurate. :grin:

These are my couple thoughts of the current situation in the servers and mod. Sorry if it is hard to read and understand, this just poured out of me :lol:

Caralas said:
I don't understand why would you devs be removing LotR Combined (Middle-Earth), it allows those who don't like some specific race/class/etc. to choose one of their liking (like I hate elves, snobby little bastards).

If anything those single factions of the Lotr should be removed (Defender ones Mordor/Isengard/Elves/Rohan+Elves/etc.) since some of those factions are missing stuff that are in Middle-Earth and vice versa.
Now you guys have two places to update and watch everytime you want to add something for some faction. For example Mordor gets Black Uruk, you need to check both Mordor and Middle-Earth Mordor to add it.
What about Rohan and Elves? They have 3 teams to look out, separate Rohan and separate Elves, Rohan+Elves and Middle-Earth.

Another thing that could be good or bad idea is how people shout that Greeks/Rome/Imperial Legions are overplayed/bad/****/too little variety(Thats me)/etc.
Why not combine all those three into one massive some Ancient faction because each of them differ so little from each other in the end.
Once again people could decide one they like, if server is holding event for Rome fighting admins could give and enforce orders.

Also 7 Years of War could be just one faction with countries as classes. Same thing for Napoleon.
Also map list could be alphabetical, its nightmare to look out some favourite map. Those old Helms deeps/hornbugs could have tag something to define them being first and propably buggy maps like: (old gold/nostalgia map) or something.
And as a last note: You guys could add some other weaponry to Anglo-Zulu. Swords/bayonets and Henry Martini Rifle without bayonet.
It looks dumb British Empire soldiers scavenging from the dead Zulu men stolen BRITISH Henry Martinis which have no bayonets just because it shoots faster and is more accurate. :grin:

These are my couple thoughts of the current situation in the servers and mod. Sorry if it is hard to read and understand, this just poured out of me :lol:
^Thread closed, this is perfect. Lotr is actually of the most varied and fun factions,but the ancient factions are actually spammed much more, yet has absolutely no variety. The musket factions are practically useless because they are so inaccurate and have no armour, yet load slower and do less damage than good xbows.

Hi guys !

My take on this: It's absurd to remove some content of this amazing mod in an era you PAY for a piece of pixel for your character on lots of games with DLCs now.

So as I see it, and others have mentionned it previously, it should be wise to only let the option to server admins to disable some content if wished. But well, even this should be hard to do as M&B isn't designed for such a huge mod who is FI2.

You are on the way to something HUGE guys, adding more and more content to this mod is the way to make it known more and more !

And again, I show my respect and gratitute to all of the devs and persons involved in this AMAZING mod ! Keep up the good work !

Cheers,
Take care !

Im adding a bit of my "weight" on the subject !  :lol:
By the way, I apologise, I didn't even see it was from 2 months ago. Sorry!  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom