Remove lord of the rings?

Users who are viewing this thread

R3dwolf2196

Recruit
Well I am asking that cause it is most played and I personally think most annoying. or at least make it just one faction not like 3 or 4 other factions. Well I am just asking, thank you for your time.

Next version will discourage poll spamming and contain it

Since TLD mod went OSP we are overhauling LoTR factions and getting rid of the combined for now next version as the content is a lot and will not fit in one faction alone.

In fact next version i will enforce a new polling system and policies to go with it so these kinds of topics dont appear in numbers.

1. Play a session of at least a round before polling again

2. Admins may admin.confirm.or deny a poll so groups cannot take over a server.

3. Poll spammimg will be treated as spamming and a kick if needed.

Don't remove the combined lotr faction, it's one ofe the best factions. Let the admin have the option to remove some factions and maps.
Also it would be cool to have a combined invasion of goblins, orcs and urukhais

Even with poll spamming, think about what a poll is. When a poll for LotR Combined is accepted, it literally means that the majority of the players wants to play it. To you and many others it might be "overplayed" but to the majority, it obviously isn't. It's democracy, it's awesome :smile:

Split the LOTR factions for the sake of making some other factions played. It's annoying to see all these fanboys polluting servers with poll spam for it.

Well said, Rhak. R3dwolf2196 as you noted it is only your opinion that it is overplayed and annoying. Personally i like Lotr combined because it has good combination of troop types and equipment, not because Im Lotr fanboy. I can change my play style during same round switching from heavy infantry to horseman or archer whenever i like and its really great. I know Im not alone. I think such faction that satisfy most players demand should exist.

jeckfromshadow said:
Well said, Rhak. R3dwolf2196 as you noted it is only your opinion that it is overplayed and annoying. Personally i like Lotr combined because it has good combination of troop types and equipment, not because Im Lotr fanboy. I can change my play style during same round switching from heavy infantry to horseman or archer whenever i like and its really great. I know Im not alone. I think such faction that satisfy most players demand should exist.

Wow, you are really well mannered, Most of the time I play it, it is on helms deep or some other ones and we are fighting orcs or isengard.

Siege of Hornburg is one of the (if not THE) most interesting maps in this mod. With an organized group of players you can do some fun tactics on that map. Also: LotR Combined vs. Isengard is one of the more balanced faction setups. I think those are probably the reasons why this setup is played so often.

Well I enjoy Lord of the Rings because if you get bored of one troop there are around 10 others.

Personally I hate Samurai, they are played so much it makes my brain shut off when ever we play them. But yeah that's my opinion, and they won't be removed from the game because it is my opinion, and to be honest they're actually quite a good faction, technically, because they have nice textures.

Nearly all factions are quite good but well,

People complain when they get polled a lot.

Had to disable polls on the official server for EU 6 times yesterday because of all the spam.

Rhak said:
Even with poll spamming, think about what a poll is. When a poll for LotR Combined is accepted, it literally means that the majority of the players wants to play it. To you and many others it might be "overplayed" but to the majority, it obviously isn't. It's democracy, it's awesome :smile:

+1

Rhak said:

It's not 'awesome', it's the tyranny of the majority. You can be playing musketeers vs mongols on a server with 7 people. And those gondor idiots open the server browser and see that there's a populated server, so they join it. And soon enough they make up the majority of the and can force their map+faction through.

And what's frustrating is that you can't get away from it, because if you go to a new server, the same thing will repeat itself.

I just want to play diverse and unique factions on various maps, but 90% of the time I cant because there are autists who can't live without their LotR.

The poll spamming will be gone next version once all servers are under control to run v11 for testing that includes a fixed admin panel so it will have to be the decision of responsible admins. Then poll spamming will nearly cease as well when the person's name will display.
I realize the poll spamming is terrible right now but it is because v10 the team 1 and 2 faction selection in the admin panel the list is too damn big and goes offscreen.
And Weedlord I know you might be upset right now but I will not tolerate internet slang of the word autistic as that is downright insulting to some people. Let alone you use it to describe something more irrelevant then autism itself. This is not 4chan, you cannot use that kind of language here. Greentexting is fine but I will not tolerate 4chan slang that to most make no sense outside the site and is insulting to groups. I do not want to see you use that word out of context again.

LotR Is over used. Their should just be one server where lotr is not allowed. Another one for pvp, since everyone complains about pvp when a lot like it.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
LotR Is over used. Their should just be one server where lotr is not allowed. Another one for pvp, since everyone complains about pvp when a lot like it.
LOTR is overused? It looks like the community likes LOTR. Why to remove the faction that is most liked by the community?

Wouldn't that take all the fun out? Siege of Hornburg (idk why the other maps on Helms Deep even exist) As Empire or Lord of the Rings Collection vs Isengard is the most fun I have ever had in a game.

lifetime0fwar said:
Wouldn't that take all the fun out? Siege of Hornburg (idk why the other maps on Helms Deep even exist) As Empire or Lord of the Rings Collection vs Isengard is the most fun I have ever had in a game.
Those maps exist for the history behind their making and dating back to original Invasion Mod before Full Invasion (Battle for Calradia to be exact)
The first Helm's Deep map was originally made by CoR Kazzan and I figure it would be a shame to take it out just because Siege of Hornburg is though better. The maps all around need fixes but I will not take out original maps that have a special place in the Invasion series.

Back
Top Bottom