Custom Battle Mod v0.5b for v0.960

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a simple mini-mod that enables you to have a custom battle through the 'Quick Battle' option on the main menu. Basically choose your map and class, then the troops for you and the enemy. If you don't have the time to run around the map looking for a battle then this mod is for you.

Work in progress:
Custom class option (E.g. Choose your exact equipment)
More maps including villages.
Neutral troops and possibly bandits.
Heroes in battles (E.g. Kings and Knights, not Marnid & co).
Choice of spawn points.

Installation: Just copy into the 0.960 modules folder.

Download link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=538

Version 0.2:
- Ability to remove troops during party selection.
- Added two classes.
- Added two maps.
- Added ability to change the weather.

Version 0.3:
- Can now add an dremove troops in fives.
- Fixed one or two bugs.
- Repeat battle and set up new battle options are now availible after ending a battle.
(The set up new battle option should, hopefully, bypass the Quick Battle loading screen.)

Version 0.4
- Changed class system (There are now 21 classes)
- 3 new maps including an attack/defence map (The village scene used was taken from the native game. Sorry!)

Version 0.5
- Updated to v0.903
- Only three maps now (Will add more soon)
- More than two teams can fight in a single battle (On the two larger maps)

Version 0.5a
- Updated to v0.960

Version 0.5b
- Fixed issue with the 10th troop type being on the wrong team.

Possibly the best thing ever.... utterly awsome. Been having some of the biggest and best battles ever... only bad thing is the lack of the strategy battlemap. Aside from that... this should be in vanilla.

Well, I've activated the in-battle strategy mode on the battle but unfortunately your troops count as an ally rather then part of your direct party so as a result I don't know whether they'll follow the orders or not. You could have the map and use the standard order controls instead. If try and see if I can get them to count as your direct party.

EDIT: Posted too soon, they do follow your orders so unless having your troops count as an ally is too much to bear then the strategy mode is availible.

This mod is motherF! great!

You should release some kind of source to this mod, so it can be included in mods.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Great mod, a very much asked for feature. Good job  :grin:
One gripe, isn't there an easier way to select troops? Clicking madly is getting tiresome now, would it be possible for a slider or entering the number?

and knights are all the way at the bottom, it sucks to have to slide down to click it over and over again. other then that, its been teh awesome so far.

I know about the problem when selecting troops, the only way I can think of solving the problem is to have another key press coded in. Currently, CTRL + Click removes one soldier so I could add Shift + Click to add five or ten. Given the way I have made adding troops there is nothing I can do about having to scroll down to select knights for the Vaegirs and Swadians.

Two things:
1. It is possible to dont go to menu after fight? On my PC loading of quick battle last about 5minutes so its crapy to wait after each battle ;/

2. In one fight when i choosed rhodok and enemy was nords... I had some trained crossbowmens and trained pikemens but mine crossbowmens spawn near enemy positon so they died just after fight started :sad:

(btw. sry for my english but i think u know what i mean...)

i just played a battle as the nords versus the swadians, they had marksmen, MAA, a knight, And tons of sergeants, i had a bunch of nord champions. I didnt get involved in the fight, i just killed the one guy who came after me. the nords DEMOLISHED the swadians. half the enemy army was dead before fighting started.

Wrona said:
In one fight when i choosed rhodok and enemy was nords... I had some trained crossbowmens and trained pikemens but mine crossbowmens spawn near enemy positon so they died just after fight started :sad:

What map were you on? I may have messed up the spawn points.

Iberon said:
Wrona said:
In one fight when i choosed rhodok and enemy was nords... I had some trained crossbowmens and trained pikemens but mine crossbowmens spawn near enemy positon so they died just after fight started :sad:

It was first map... open/green plains? something like that.

Wrona said:
Iberon said:
Wrona said:

It was first map... open/green plains? something like that.

Thanks, for some reason one of the players spawn points was where the enemy starts and they were also missing their tenth spawn point (Vaegir/Swadian knights).

Back
Top Bottom