Xbox One

Users who are viewing this thread

Sartek said:
**** that console social experience. You can have it with a PC as well, exact same ****ing experience. Just this Sunday, went over to Zammy`s place. Connected his huge ass TV to his pc with a HDMI cable and dragged a couch over. 4 guys sit on the couch, one behind the pc. It was glorious. Alcohol and everything.

No need to have an inferior platform in there. **** consoles. :mad:
Even better if the PC has bluetooth, with a bit of fiddling you can make the PS3 controller play nice with windooz. Yay for co-op gaming!

That Xbox can support mods, or that GTA V will support mods? I'm more excited about GTA, consoles could always "support" mods if the publishers/developers/console owners let them.

Hmm, apparently the Xbox One will ship 4K capable. Does anyone even have a 4K TV? I guess it's future-proofing though.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/8/4600508/xbox-one-will-ship-with-bundled-chat-headset-4k-hdmi-cable

Modern top of the line hardware is incapable of gaming at 4K without multi-SLI out the ass. There's no way it'll even be worth it on the stuff that's in an Xbox.

4K is a resolution like 1080p, except much larger. 1080p is 1920x1080, 4K is 3840x2160.

Splintert said:
Erm, "capable", as in capable of outputting that many pixels. Rendering a 3D environment at 4k is a far different story.

... and? You said gaming at 4K. I can play Monaco at 4K with a HD4000, unless you don't consider playing Monaco as gaming?

I would expect a 2D game to run perfectly fine. It's 2D.

If you've ever played Arma 2/3, turning the 3D resolution up to 200% of the default 3D resolution would be a hint of what 4K would be like. But it's still not even 4K.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/15/4k-gaming-early-benchmarks-reveal-the-rigs-well-need-to-play-at-ultra-resolutions/

21FPS from a Titan. 30 from a Radeon HD 7990. Granted, that's Metro: Last Light.

Like I said, it's future-proofing. The Wii suffered from problems because it rolled out in the transition period from analog component cables to HDMI. By giving a 4K option on the Xbox One, you can still play it on your 4K capable set up without any headaches.

Did you even read the article? It said nothing about the console itself, it was a cable that was 4K capable being packaged with the console. :lol:

If they're putting a cable that is 4K, you made a correct assumption that they'd be preparing to run 4K in the future. I was saying that future console games won't run well on 4K. Is that not a reasonable conclusion?

Statement: "Xbox One is being packaged with a 4K capable cable."

Conclusion: "They are preparing for the rise in popularity of 4K."

Not a conclusion: "The Xbox One cannot run 4K well."

Can't the xbox one only display up to 1080p, how would it be able to do 4k or am I missing something here.

Back
Top Bottom