Xbox One

Users who are viewing this thread

I would actually. They may be unwashed console-lover masses, but they still used to be able to trade games, play offline for more than a day and not use Kinect all the time.

If they do buy this Xbox One, they can't trade games anymore, as giving away the disc will prompt the receiver to pay for the game as well. Full price, even.

As for playing offline, there is this;
Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

And having Kinect on all the time means someone could just barge into your room and say "Xbox off", just to piss you off.

XD

My 10p
The difference between EA and Microsoft is that EA know how to SUCCESSFULLY screw over their consumers.

Thanks Microsoft, Sony stocks have soared and I can probably buy another game out of it. Not one of yours though.  :grin:

Playstation 4: More of the same, iteration upon the Playstation 3, neither of which are bad. Need to see more games to solidify my purchase.

Xbox One: Terrible name, pretty much identical feature wise to Playsation 4, but comes with a tonne of baggage such as Kinect, no used games, needs to be online once every 24 hours etc.

Wii U: Nintendo's bum rush attempt to catch up to current-gen consoles that has backfired terribly.

I'll just be sitting here with my PC, not buying any consoles. I'm glad I was able to convert my girlfriend to being a PC gamer before the new xbox came out.

On a side note, I actually really like Xbox One's general look, I think it is a nice design.

Havoc said:
On a side note, I actually really like Xbox One's general look, I think it is a nice design.

Yea. Looks like VHS player, which is interesting at least. what bothers me about it, though, is that the kinect panel-thingy looks like a confused robot-face.

I don't even have to tell you how **** this looks. I love my Xbox 360, but this thing looks like it's taking the piss with the constant online ****. What about those who have dodgy connections? It's already bad enough I have to reconnect to the internet every 10 minutes with my current Xbox to play games I have downloaded, imagine what it will be like with this...

It disgusts me they are trying to stop us playing games our friends bought. And pre owned games are ****ed now...

Goker said:
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109 said:
And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

iblboXzmF8hZ0u.gif

myEztpt.jpg

somtimes93kam.png

I dunno guys.

It's got sports!

Yeah, I'm buying a PS4.

Hopefully with this news, Nintendo gains some confidence and actually releases some good games. I'd love to see a new legitimate KH (WIV DARF VADAR!11!shift11!1!!!), but seriously, I'd love to see a new Super Mario Galaxy and Pikmin (and Pokemon Snap, that game would be the best with the tablet).

The thing is, I just don't see any advantage to buying a console over a PC anymore. Exclusives? Yeah... I suppose. They don't really excite me much. There aren't many games that actually excite me anymore.

The games they showed at the Xbox One reveal weren't even exclusive to Xbox. FIFA 14 did have a certain mode exclusive and Call of Duty Ghosts stuff probably has a DLC exclusive to it. Nothing to fuss about though, as the games will be released on PS4 and PC too. That is not a reason to buy Xbox One.

I'm more worried about the amount of people they're going to piss off by pulling support off of Xbox 360. All those of years of buying games will go to **** when your Xbox 360 finally breaks and you can't find anyone to fix it. All of your old games just gone. That's just ****ing sad.

Oh and this has pretty much confirmed I'll be upgrading or buying a completely new PC... **** getting a console again.

Goker said:
I'm more worried about the amount of people they're going to piss off by pulling support off of Xbox 360. All those of years of buying games will go to **** when your Xbox 360 finally breaks and you can't find anyone to fix it. All of your old games just gone. That's just ****ing sad.

I'm also going to be worried if all that money I spent on games I downloaded will now completely go to **** because you have to be connected to the internet to use them... So if they pull Xbox Live for the 360 out, then I can't play those games...

Back
Top Bottom