Xbox One

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, let's get to bashing consoles.

500 gigs of storage.
Kinect required.
Have to install your game to be able to play.
Can play without the disk after installing.
Can give the disk away to others, but they have to pay a fee to Microsoft to be able to play on a different Xbox account. So no trading. I can hear Gamestop calling Sony and Nintendo.  :lol:
No backwards compatibility.
Must connect to the internet once a day to play games.
Must connect to the internet every time you put in a new game.

Not always-online, but developers could use the cloud service for some computing. So some games may be always-online, pulling the same stunt EA pulled with SimCity.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/xbox-one-analysis/ said:
And what of the persistent rumors that Xbox One games will be “always online” – that is, that single-player games would require a constant online connection to function? As it turns out, those rumors were not unfounded, but the reality is not so draconian. Xbox One will give game developers the ability to create games that use Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing service, which means that they might be able to offload certain computing tasks to the cloud rather than process them on the Xbox One hardware itself. This would necessitate the game requiring a connection.

Are developers forced to create games that have these online features, and are thus not playable offline? They are not, Xbox exec Whitten said to Wired — but “I hope they do.” So the always-online future may come in incremental steps.

XboxD_Logo_Consle_Sensr_controller_F_GreenBG_RGB_2013_610x610.jpg

XboxnoOne should buy.

It's gonna sell very well, I can imagine. How does the PS4 compare to this? Because my parents were thinking of getting one, and my computer is getting to the point where modern games aren't feasible.

500gb of storage  :roll:

I only hope that with these new consoles they have 1080p and 60fps games so anyone making direct ports will at least make a somewhat better pc game. I hope with that disk thing they can at least get rid of more brick and mortar stores since they are unneeded in this day and age, although that most likely won't result in cheaper games since they will still charge a premium anyway I would imagine.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
It's gonna sell very well, I can imagine. How does the PS4 compare to this? Because my parents were thinking of getting one, and my computer is getting to the point where modern games aren't feasible.
They haven't shown anything of interest for the core-gamer types. They talked about this being an entertainment system, meant to take over the living room and etc.

Sony, on the other hand, talked about game design, art and graphical fidelity. They had indie developers alongside AAA devs.
Microsoft had EA Sports and Activision, showing pre-rendered stuff.  :lol:

Then again, **** both. Get a better PC.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109 said:
And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

iblboXzmF8hZ0u.gif

Sony don't even need to do anything now, Xbox have shot themselves down so much.

In fact, Sony just need to advertise with a picture of the PS4 saying 'it plays games'

Back
Top Bottom