Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Tangent said:
Feerspoir said:
You deserve a big, slobbery kiss on the cheek :razz:.

I think I'd prefer my reward in denars and renown.  :smile:

Naridill said:
The eagle was on a red background, wasn't it?

I was so busy squealing with glee over .893 that I didn't notice this. Thanks a million.

And as long as I'm taking advantage of the kindness of strangers: could you be able to also upload just the eagle symbol, without the banner background? I'd like to put that onto a shield and surcoat as well, and from what I know of this stuff, it would be easier (or at least blend in with the rest of the texture better) if I had just that symbol. Thanks again.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4xwy4mr2jsm&thumb=4

There you go. It's just the base eagle image, without the cloth texture.

Quick question on replacing old banners: am I right in thinking that not all the banners are the same size? I converted the banners_a.dds file into a bitmap, copied Tangent's red eagle banner from Paint, and copied it into banners_a.bmp. According to what I've heard, I merely have to place it over one of the old banners, but this seems to be longer than some, and thinner than others.

Maybe the banner belongs into another file, then? Keep in mind that there are three of them (banners_b and banners_c, logically).

I'm unsure how exactly the game defines how to use the different banners in the game. I think that somewhere there must be a seperate file which holds the position, length and height of the banners, as well as the style in which it shall be displayed in the game. Not sure about that, though.

doorknobdeity said:
Quick question on replacing old banners: am I right in thinking that not all the banners are the same size? I converted the banners_a.dds file into a bitmap, copied Tangent's red eagle banner from Paint, and copied it into banners_a.bmp. According to what I've heard, I merely have to place it over one of the old banners, but this seems to be longer than some, and thinner than others.

You are absolutely correct. They vary in size, and in how they are displayed in the game. Some are shown in a vertical, some horizontal. What you should probably do is go in the game with the unedited banner .dds files, find a banner that is positioned the way you want, remember it, then replace that specific one with a new banner.

There might be a little resizing that needs to be done, but it shouldn't be too difficult. You could even do it in MS Paint.

I believe the banner sizes are dictated thus:

The first (top) row of banners in the .dds file is composed of square-shaped banners.
The second (middle) row is composed of long, rectangular banners which are VERTICAL in-game (the other two types are horizontal).
The third (bottom) row is composed of mid-length banners.

Therefore, the eagle banner should pe pasted over one of the banners in the middle row if you want it to appear that way in-game.

Might I have a red Phoenix on a black background?

http://www.wsu.edu/~mgorg/Heraldry/img/myth_phoenix.gif

Sorry to ask but is there a way to change the banner, to a new one, after already had chosen one. And with out having to start a new character.

You can replace the banner you chose by pasting a new banner onto it in the .dds file.

No way of actually changing the banner in-game as of yet though.

maybe a stupid question, but with your banner/cloth texture to go behind the crests and stuff; did you make it in something like photoshop, coz it is very good if you did ^^ little advice on how i could make my own would be much appreciated :grin:
Thanks

Tangent said:
You can replace the banner you chose by pasting a new banner onto it in the .dds file.

No way of actually changing the banner in-game as of yet though.

I see, the question now is what .dds file has the banner I chose (got to open and see, I think) and replace the exact banner. Will try and if I manage to get i right, I post here.

Corvus said:
maybe a stupid question, but with your banner/cloth texture to go behind the crests and stuff; did you make it in something like photoshop, coz it is very good if you did ^^ little advice on how i could make my own would be much appreciated :grin:
Thanks

I do use photoshop.

I make the symbol first with just the paint-brush. In order to make the symbol follow the texture of the banner, I reduce the symbol's opacity to 50% and then place it over the banner image. I then use the magic wand to select the symbol and without deselecting I merge the symbol layer with the banner layer. This means that the symbol has acquired the texture of the banner. Once this is done I mess around with the contrast and saturation until the symbol looks like it has actually been stitched on.

:smile:

How do you get that banner texture though, with the folds and shadows?
do you just copy the banner files from the textures folder in the M&B folder in program files and work with that? or did you make your own banner texture? Also, i noticed the banners come in groups... should i open one group in photoshop and just select one of the banners, move it to new page...? fill the badge/crest with the same colour as the banner, and work from there?
Thanks for the answers though :smile:

Back
Top Bottom